"Surefire Intelligence"

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.
DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Re: "Surefire Intelligence"

Postby DCB » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:50 pm

snoqueen wrote:I can't decide if this is shocking or hilarious so I'll go with hilarious.

Not shocking at all that stupid weasels will attempt a fake #metoo situation. "I know you are but what am I" is like in the top 5 of the wingnut playbook. (c.f. "Democrats are the real racists").

I'm going with hilarious too. Bringing this level of incompetence against Mueller? LOL, as the kids say.

But also terrifying. Just like the pipe bombs that didn't explode.

Weather Bob
Forum Addict

Postby Weather Bob » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:33 am

pjbogart wrote:This guy will be a hero to conservatives. He's speaking "truth to power".

"Getting indicted on federal charges to own the libs"

I like Slate's headline:

Fabricated Mueller Smear Appears to Have Come From Comically Inept Far-Right Internet Person

This has certainly been a somewhat confusing story. Scott Stedman gets a lot of credit for unraveling it, and I think his take on it makes sense so far.

(1) Wohl and Burkman originally wanted to actually find women they could pay to take down Mueller (and because of #metoo and #kavanaugh they incorrectly assumed it would be easy).

(2) When that failed, and they began to worry that news of their attempt was going to come out, they switched gears and tried to muddy the waters by inventing a nonexistent "Lorraine Parsons" in hopes that the media would jump on "her" story, only to be discredited when Wohl and Burkart revealed "she" doesn't exist. They hoped that all the confusion about that would distract attention from the actual women (Prof. Taub etc.) who they genuinely had tried to pay earlier.

(3) The problem was that the media failed to go for the "Lorraine Parsons" story either. And then all this stuff came out tying Wohl to it, and the whole plan fell apart. And the Special Counsel's office referred the matter to the FBI. Oopsie.

jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:02 am

Here's a link to an entertaining "little Jacob Wohl story":

jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:06 am

I'm shocked, SHOCKED, to hear that the accuser has allegedly backed out of the press conference.
The woman accusing Mueller of rape was slated to detail her encounter with the special counsel at a press conference Burkman and Wohl are hosting in Arlington, Virginia Thursday at noon.

However, upon arriving in Washington, DC, Wohl said she panicked and boarded a flight to another location. Below is a photo of Wohl and the accuser, who at this time is fearful for her life and requests to remain anonymous.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/1 ... sel-video/

How long 'til the internet sleuths ID her?

Weather Bob
Forum Addict

Postby Weather Bob » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:09 pm

Somewhat amusingly, this is literally the third time (at least) that Burkman has pulled this exact same scam:

(1) Big announcement designed to rile up the credulous righties;

(2) Schedule a "press conference" at a DC-area Holiday Inn; and then

(3) At the last minute, announce that the (anonymous!) star witness has backed out and won't be appearing.

Nov. 2017 (#metoo claim)
July 2018 (Seth Rich claim)
And now again, the exact same M.O.

In other words, this outcome was 100% predictable.

Weather Bob
Forum Addict

Postby Weather Bob » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:14 pm

Burkman did that whole press conference with his fly unzipped. Kind of negates the effect of putting on a three-piece suit.

Return to “Headlines”