"All Jews Must Die"

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.
david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

"All Jews Must Die"

Postby david cohen » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:56 pm

You know, my parents and grandparents always warned me that someday, things in America will get really bad, and people will blame us Jews. And they will come after us and try to kill us. I always brushed this off as their own personal experiences in both Europe and 1940s-1960s America. But today, with all the anti-semitic vitriol, and hate disguised in various ways (think George Soros, "globalists", etc.), I know:( As recently as 2 weeks ago, after commenting on WISC's website about a robbery, I received a Facebook message calling me a "n----r loving kike", courtesy of one Michael Schwartz of Madison. FB shut him down, but he's still out there.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Re: "All Jews Must Die"

Postby gargantua » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:01 pm

I'm sorry that happened to you. I really don't understand that kind of behavior. It seems, well, crazy to me.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:39 pm

oh no . . . how awful.

humankind has wiped out smallpox, figured out its own programming, cloned sheep and more, and put people on the moon, and mars soon -- and yet society is still bedeviled by this kind of evil. one can judge a tree by its fruit and the fruit of anti-semitism seems to get even more destructive from one generation to the next. certainly these folks are a very small segment of society but then again the nazis started out with seven or fewer members.

once a year or so i will get a mailing dealing with public opinion research which shows two seemingly incompatible findings: the general public's knowledge of the events of the second world war, shoah, and related things is not very good but actual anti-semitism of any degree or type in the united states and canada is relatively uncommon . . . it seems that much more common are those who cannot fathom that people still believe that kind of garbage after all that has happened.

if anyone wonders just how irrational all of this is, consider that there is no jewish community whatsoever in saudi arabia and in indonesia it is 18 out of ~229m (that's right, not 18 million - 18, as in the natives of jakarta (population ~9 million plus) probably cannot get a minyan together) and those two are off the scale when it comes to this kind of demoniacal nonsense . . . pakistan and malaysia not all that far behind, for who knows what reason . . .
Last edited by gozer on Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:40 pm

The mass murderer on the rampage to kill Jews used an AR-15. Trump said that terrible spree had nothing to do with gun laws (or the lack thereof), yet AR-15 type assault weapons are always in the news for mass killings. Haven't seen any reports of them used for self-defense.

Dust Mite Rodeo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dust Mite Rodeo » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:55 pm

Trump's political strategy was to appeal to these types of people. Now he would disown any responsibility for drumming them up. Other republicans like Walker are too cowardly to openly oppose this strategy. Let it stick to them.

david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:18 pm

gargantua wrote:I'm sorry that happened to you. I really don't understand that kind of behavior. It seems, well, crazy to me.

Crazy or just plain ignorant. 2 of my 3 kids got harassed for being Jewish in Madison Public Schools. I had a long chat with the person in charge of those types of things, and she told me that while Madison was a progressive bastion, we still bleed when scratched. I understood the ignorance part, but kids learn that shit somewhere, likely in their homes. Our principal called the parents of one of the kids involved and she refused to apologize. Small school, someone we knew personally, kids on same soccer team, etc. But very active in her local church:( Later on, in middle school, same child was harassed as being a "Jewish Vampire" and a group of boys put little black mustaches on their upper lips, called her name during lunch, and did the Heil Hitler salute. Needless to say, they found out that shit rolls downhill, but the damage was done. Our daughter still laughs about how those boys are all working at Culvers while she is applying to Ivy League PhD programs, but I can still see her face that day I was called to the school to deal with the fallout. Bottom line: Even in progressive Madison, these cretins exist (as do hardcore racists and misogynists xenophobes homophobes etc.). And if they exist in Madison, imagine their preponderance elsewhere!

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:29 pm

This the same sickness the shooters at Oak Creek in 2012, or the church in Charlotte. Being "heil hitlered" in grade school and middle school felt like a sore that never heals. Yes, it went on for years. Now I can see how sick those people were, are. The hidden blessing is that it gave me compassion for anyone that's different in any way.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:48 pm

Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beaver » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:50 pm

The title of this thread could be improved or softened.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:27 pm

Beaver wrote:The title of this thread could be improved or softened.

I disagree. It's a direct quote from today's shooter. People need to see what's going on even if it's horrifying -- or especially when it's horrifying.

david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:56 pm

well if it offends you or scares you, think how many of US feel....hence the DIRECT quotation marks.

david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:08 pm

Bwis53 wrote:This the same sickness the shooters at Oak Creek in 2012, or the church in Charlotte. Being "heil hitlered" in grade school and middle school felt like a sore that never heals. Yes, it went on for years. Now I can see how sick those people were, are. The hidden blessing is that it gave me compassion for anyone that's different in any way.

I had the same experiences, albeit as the only Jew in my class at a private prep school in Virginia. The worst offender ended up being the sickest adult (child rapist). I recently attended my 40th Reunion and a guy pulled me aside to ask what it was really like for me, being the only Member of the Tribe, in a parochial boys school where church services were mandatory. I told him that after 7 years, I could confidently identify every member of our 64 boy class by the top of his head, as while they all bowed their heads to the Lord, I didn't:) But, of course, I got where he was (quite seriously) coming from and explained the same thing: When you are different, and get harassed because of it (hey we only tease you because we LIKE you), you quickly learn to empathize with others who are different. So then I asked him what it was like being the only gay guy in our class, and at first he looked shocked, but then said "How did you know?" and I smiled and we embraced. We are all human, well most of us, anyways.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:24 pm

snoqueen wrote:

I disagree. It's a direct quote from today's shooter. People need to see what's going on even if it's horrifying -- or especially when it's horrifying.

I agree with you Sno. I think where Beav was coming from is if you only saw the thread title, and didn't make the connection with the Pittsburgh killer, you might get the wrong idea as to what the thread's about. It's a bit of a stretch, but I admit I was taken aback for a second the first time I saw the title.

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:20 pm

david cohen wrote:
Bwis53 wrote:This the same sickness the shooters at Oak Creek in 2012, or the church in Charlotte. Being "heil hitlered" in grade school and middle school felt like a sore that never heals. Yes, it went on for years. Now I can see how sick those people were, are. The hidden blessing is that it gave me compassion for anyone that's different in any way.

I had the same experiences, albeit as the only Jew in my class at a private prep school in Virginia. The worst offender ended up being the sickest adult (child rapist). I recently attended my 40th Reunion and a guy pulled me aside to ask what it was really like for me, being the only Member of the Tribe, in a parochial boys school where church services West mandatory. I told him that after 7 years, I could confidently identify every member of our 64 boy class by the top of his head, as while they all bowed their heads to the Lord, I didn't:) But, of course, I got where he was (quite seriously) coming from and explained the same thing: When you are different, and get harassed because of it (hey we only tease you because we LIKE you), you quickly learn to empathize with others who are different. So then I asked him what it was like being the only gay guy in our class, and at first he looked shocked, but then said "How did you know?" and I smiled and we embraced. We are all human, well most of us, anyways.
. I didn't understand why my father insisted on speaking our native tongue at home, until I was about 40. My hurt made me give up identity. Now I see what they " meant for evil, God meant for good." I am blessed. I wish my childhood Catholic girlfriend vision could be true for everyone: "Every other human being is my sister or brother." Can't we all just get along? I still think of hate as a sickness.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:53 am

Henry Vilas wrote:The mass murderer on the rampage to kill Jews used an AR-15. Trump said that terrible spree had nothing to do with gun laws (or the lack thereof), yet AR-15 type assault weapons are always in the news for mass killings. Haven't seen any reports of them used for self-defense.

i think that's because a k-47s are a lot harder to get, and at a bare minimum the ruger mini-14 fell into disrepute after that gordon kahl business in the 1980s . . . and mannlicher-carcano rifles don't have the throughput and cycle rate for today's terrorist on the go . . .

Return to “Headlines”