MEXICO IS COMING FOR YOUR LAKE HOUSE

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.
Weather Bob
Forum Addict

MEXICO IS COMING FOR YOUR LAKE HOUSE

Postby Weather Bob » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:04 am

From the NYT:

Because once a refugee has crossed the Rio Grande, the obvious thing for her to do is walk another 1700 miles through the snow to spend the winter in an empty summer cottage on Pokegama Lake.

Ya won't be able to ice-fish no more because everyone on the lake will be speaking Spanish.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Re: MEXICO IS COMING FOR YOUR LAKE HOUSE

Postby gargantua » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:43 pm

^^Well, she is a Republican after all. Irrational fears is a prominent symptom of that particular malady. What nails the diagnosis is the stupidity and lack of common sense. She's got it bad.

Wino
Forum Addict

Postby Wino » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:38 pm

Weather Bob wrote:From the NYT:

Because once a refugee has crossed the Rio Grande, the obvious thing for her to do is walk another 1700 miles through the snow to spend the winter in an empty summer cottage on Pokegama Lake.

Ya won't be able to ice-fish no more because everyone on the lake will be speaking Spanish.

Bandera!

other i
Forum Addict

Postby other i » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:07 am

Hey, If they kept the lawn mowed and were inclined to pay local taxes, it would probably be better than some of those assholes up there.

DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:01 pm

I haven't heard much about the Caravan lately. Did the chupacabras eat all the journalists?

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:41 pm

IU2Bmanoletters
Forum God/Goddess

Postby IU2Bmanoletters » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:29 pm

I agree with the author of the (English) headline pertaining to the negative effects of US policy. And yet, it's "true:" the Caravan MAY include a decided MINORITY of "gang bangers." But if our "President" and his ilk were the TRUE Christians they think themselves, a stunning realization would quickly set in: it's overwhelmingly composed of desperately poor people in search of SURVIVAL. Survival, that most difficult thing to assure - especially in the face of US policy's INHUMANITY, CRUELTY, Sadism, Selfishness gone berserk.
The "ultimate statement" effectively communicated: Trumpism's ever-present threat of Lethal Force kicks in right about where basic decency leaves off.
"Former Reagan secretary of state says U.S. should work to end violence driving migrants to U.S:"
https://thehill.com/policy/internationa ... 3jjxLkKXQ4

"El alcalde de Tijuana declara crisis humanitaria por la caravana y pide ayuda a la ONU:"
https://www.univision.com/noticias/inmi ... 0PIa8L-QLI

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:07 pm

I think Trump is an atheist. But I hope Lin Manuel Miranda is right, that there's a special place for him.

IU2Bmanoletters
Forum God/Goddess

Postby IU2Bmanoletters » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:34 pm

You're right, in the sense that Trump's purported Christianity is for pandering purposes only. But what other major electoral strategy does Trump employ, besides pandering? Oh right, demagoguery; bullying; an erratic expression of his "agenda" that often contradicts ITSELF the next day or month; a toxic blend of self-pity and narcissism of the lowest order, etc....

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:02 am

Bwis53 wrote:I think Trump is an atheist. But I hope Lin Manuel Miranda is right, that there's a special place for him.

Where his heating bills are taken care of for eternity... : )

Return to “Headlines”