The NRA: America's ISIS.

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.
npler
Forum Addict

Re: The NRA: America's ISIS.

Postby npler » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:22 am

gozer wrote:did u see ms loesch going a couple of rounds with cnn moderator alisyn camerota, formerly of the o'rielly-ailes combine? it was mildly nasty . . . a lot of people myself included wish they would just fuck and make up -- in a live unexpurgated simulcast . . .

Yeah, that sudden diminuition in traffic seen was 100 Forons rubbing one out or twiddling thier clitoris.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:42 am

there was once about a year and a half ago, could have been the same day this photo was taken:
by deutsche presse-agentur i think . . .
about 15 of us were walking down broadway and there she was, we all were 92 to 100 per cent certain . . . i feel a tug on my sleeve and mrs gozer starts cooing about wanting a "sandwich" but i said "no, not today . .. that weasel husband of hers she is always mentioning is some biker/nazi low rider/aryan brotherhood type and he is probably around here some place with a tommy gun up his coat . . ."
in the name of repression/one more in the name of repression

npler
Forum Addict

Postby npler » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:48 pm

Jesus Christ!

I mean that in a good way: mAybe you u should use whatever that app is where you can post an itinerary or where you are the next time the horde visits the big Apple?

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:39 pm

fair enough . . . a little later that day, another member of the entour . .. well, golden horde, had heard this and she said:

[c]
"a péquiste, a christian democrat and a gun nut? blimpie's doesn't make that sandwich -- u all would get the goddamn nobel peace prize . .. "*
[/c]

u see, long before she was the n r a queenpin, the most famous photo of her was holding a ruger mini 14 or a r 15 . . . an uzi for all i know . . . some kind of gnarly hardware . . .

to which i said:

"well, for now i will settle for the sertürner gold medal . . . i just don't see ducking or making deals with nazi low riders in my future; the devil on my shoulder said yes, but i just can't swing it . . ."

---
* yes, this is apparently different from the regular nobel peace prize . . .

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:32 am

The NRA has gone off the deep end.

NRA TV depicts 'Thomas & Friends' in KKK hoods

IU2Bmanoletters
Forum God/Goddess

Postby IU2Bmanoletters » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:52 pm

Well, I wasn't going to, but... obviously this local atrocity commands attention. Sad and terrible, the result of the dead sociopath's actions. Yet I reluctantly assert MANY Americans' worship of everything gun-related virtually guarantees "It will happen here." Time and again.
We really do need "common sense gun control." And we must FINALLY begin to constructively address the United States culture's ceaseless glorification of violence as a really wonderful means of resolving serious differences between people, organizations, nations. Deadly, daily violence. You see it every single day on TV, and in every other media. You may have merely forgotten that you DO see it, hear it, smell it on a quotidian basis. That's how commonplace our everyday bread of death and destruction became... centuries ago, in fact.
"Middleton shooting: At least four people injured in Wisconsin office building shooting:"
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 45441.html
And oh boy, does the NRA EVER have tons of blood on its hands!!

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:34 pm

Predictably, Vicki McKenna was screeching about "gun free workplaces" today in reference to the Middleton shooting. I guess we need to arm all the bus drivers too. Just remember, the solution to gun violence is always MORE GUNS.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:35 pm

I am slightly amused that the NRA now advocates shooting fully uniformed police officers if they invade your home. I think that particular protocol is a work in progress that will need some adjusting before it matures, but I'm sure law enforcement agencies across the nation are feeling better knowing this.

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:58 am

Cadfael wrote:...the NRA now advocates shooting fully uniformed police officers if they invade your home.

Link, please

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:56 am

Here is the link.

The spokeswoman for the National Rifle Association said that if Botham Shem Jean was a gun owner, he might still be alive.

Jean, 26, was killed on Sept. 6 by off-duty, uniformed Dallas police officer Amber Guyger at around 10 p.m. Guyger has said she mistook Jean’s apartment for her own.

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Re: <-->

Postby penquin » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:02 am

Kinda thought that it was more of Cadfael's nonsense & bullshit...thanks for confirming that.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:07 am

What nonsense? If the NRA spokesperson's wish came true, what should Botham Jean have done with a firearm?

Weather Bob
Forum Addict

Postby Weather Bob » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:24 pm

penquin wrote:Kinda thought that it was more of Cadfael's nonsense & bullshit...thanks for confirming that.

Actually, in this case it appears Cadfael was correct. You can be gracious and acknowledge that, instead of name-calling.

IU2Bmanoletters
Forum God/Goddess

Postby IU2Bmanoletters » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:36 pm

Sep 20, 2018: Another day in America - another mass death trip in America.
To whom it may concern: Stop watching "NYPD Blue," turn off "Law and Order," and quit your unseemly obsession with "Blue Bloods," "Person of Interest," and "Without a Trace." All these sick shit shows, which have the effect of wildly exaggerating how high the violent crime rate really IS, are corrupting the collective mind and destroying the "soul," for lack of a better term. And sowing an inordinate amount of needless fear and loathing within the zombie-like viewership. To whom it may concern: Get your butt up off the chair and either enter video junkie therapy, or just plain go cold turkey from those nasty ultra-violent games.

Then it's on to what we can do to regain a smidgen of sanity in terms of our borderline psychotic "gun romance." Just one example: let's repeal insane new laws like the one here in Wisconsin which permits babies and toddlers to go hunting with real firearms during deer season. While we're at it, we must change US policy at the highest levels. The US is the number one military aggressor in the world; it's also the country which exports the most weapons to the rest of our ailing planet.
"What they're saying about the mass shooting at Maryland workplace:"
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryla ... story.html
"Weapons sales are on the rise — here are the top 10 countries exporting arms around the world:"
https://www.businessinsider.com/top-cou ... les-2018-3
P.S. A mass resignation by thousands of NRA members is long overdue.

IU2Bmanoletters
Forum God/Goddess

Postby IU2Bmanoletters » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:22 pm

Just for clarity's sake, since I not unexpectedly engendered quite a bit of controversy elsewhere, ESPECIALLY on Youtube, with (Thursday's post):

I'm with Tammy Baldwin on this, inasmuch as I'm not calling for the Second Amendment to be abrogated. I believe there are common sense measures than could be taken, commensurate with the 2nd Amendment.

I subscribe to the (APPARENTLY SHOCKING!?) belief that we live in a society that has changed massively since 1791, especially in technological matters, including the far greater capacities of modern firearms, as opposed to Eighteenth Century firearms. IMO, The Constitution is necessarily an evolving document, which must take into account evolving standards of decency. If it weren't, we'd be living in a society that denied women the right to vote; that considered black males to be three fifths of a person; that allowed state legislatures to appoint our US senators, rather than facilitating their election them by popular vote.

It's also true I imposed a value judgments, in condemning the plethora of murder-fixated cop shows I mentioned, as well as many that went unnamed. And I still think many popular video games, including Grand Theft Auto, for example, are AT LEAST IN PART a pile of sick shit that has the POTENTIAL to negatively influence lesser mentalities, in word, thought and deed. One would HOPE that couch potatoes could find something more morally uplifting, but this IS the United States we're discussing, after all. Having said that, it doesn't follow I am attempting to abrogate the First Amendment by calling for them to be banned; I'm not.
"Most Gun Owners Support Stricter Laws — Even NRA Members:"
http://time.com/5197807/stricter-gun-laws-nra/
"Tammy Baldwin says Middleton office shooting shows need for gun control measures:"
https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/pol ... 372790002/
"Baldwin says she is a gun owner and the Second Amendment is consistent with stronger safety regulations."
"New Wisconsin law allows children of any age to hunt with guns:"
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... -with-guns
BTW, I am not advocating any new gun control legislation. But I DO believe (as just one example) the Wisconsin law allowing toddlers and babies to go out stalking deer while armed with firearms is INSANE - even if those kids ARE accompanied by parents or guardian. It SHOULD be repealed, in the name of common sense and child safety.
Last edited by IU2Bmanoletters on Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Headlines”