The NRA: America's ISIS.

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.
gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Re: The NRA: America's ISIS.

Postby gozer » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:37 pm

just like how there was no form of transportation which could sustain velocities above, perhaps, 50 km/h*, much less any which flew under their own power, in 1791, and would anyone argue
against requiring at least rudimentary training to operate an aeroplane or an automobile? or what the magna carta refers to as a "crotch rocket" . . . the objections raised by sovereign citizen/posse comitatus types always seemed to me to be more about the registration part of it . . . and certainly not terribly difficult to understand . . .

on the other hand, look at how badly the federal govenment mucks up anything they try to regulate, and they often have sinister intentions in so doing, so i can at least follow the logic of "america's isis" a considerable distance . . .

if both sides were more willing to admit the answer probably is somewhere in the middle . . . could i be wrong? yes . . . well, it's possible but i doubt it . . .

---
* i am fairly certain that the land speed record was held by someone on a tobaggan somewhere for many centuries

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:26 pm

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:08 pm

NRA Spent $870K Against Evers This Fall
...Data compiled by government watchdog group Wisconsin Democracy Campaign shows the NRA's federal political action committee spent $872,815 against Evers. The PAC spent nearly $70,000 supporting Republican Gov. Scott Walker and about $12,500 supporting Republican Attorney General Brad Schimel. The Wisconsin Democracy Campaign says the PAC's activities generally included television and radio ads as well as mailings. One ad called Evers dangerous because he supports background checks for gun buyers.

The watchdog group reports the NRA has spent more than $5.5 million between 1998 and 2018 to support Republican and conservative candidates. More than $4.4 million went to support Walker.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:37 pm

It's nice to see that their money was wasted.

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Why do you beleive the NRA is America's ISIS?

Postby penquin » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:56 pm

Cadfael wrote:I don't recall a thread where the NRA got called terrorist, but the more I think about it the more they seem to fit the criteria. Huh.

Could you please elaborate on some of the "criteria" you are using to reach that conclusion?

Return to “Headlines”