Updates on Uber, post your articles here

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Updates on Uber, post your articles here

Postby gargantua » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:23 pm

Beaver wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:Blaming the victim. Not too bright.

Making posts that are as dumb as letting lytf drivers in your apt. Not too bright.

Priceless

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

<-->

Postby penquin » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:19 am

gargantua wrote:Where's a filter when you need one?

It's called the "ignore button", ya big drama queen. We all know you know about it, 'cause you made a HUGE deal about it the last time you used it.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Re: <--> &c

Postby gozer » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:18 am

i have been wondering about the "<-->" subject heading and think it is rather cool for some reason -- the thing i would like to find out is the precise meaning . . . is it related to the two-way arrow graphic which isthmus has used in the past and/or does it refer to there being a minimum of two sides to each issue and he like?

Paleo2
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Paleo2 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:15 am

As far as letting the driver in the apartment—

In the 70s and into the early 80s folks could make a lot of money driving cabs or car services in NYC. Housing was cheaper then. Around 2000 I rented half of a 2 family house in Brooklyn where the owner was a car service driver who had been able to buy the place many years earlier from his driving earnings. Different time then.

There were always stories that at 4:00 am on weekends when the bars let out there would be tons of cabs around the big name clubs. Cab drivers claimed there were often pretty girls who hadn’t hooked up that night who would offer sex for rides if they found the cab driver attractive, and these girls were usually drunk and horny.

I can imagine some situations in which a Lyft rider might’ve found a driver interesting, only to find him less interesting after talking to him. Or maybe interesting but not enough to want to sleep with him.

Of course he should have gone off his merry way at that point. Since there was a record of the ride and the driver, such a cad would be easily caught.

david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:52 pm

I love Uber. I have lots of cabbie friends but they are militantly off the fucking deep end. Cabbies murder and rape people too, just not on work time.

Return to “Headlines”