Wouldn't it be great if everybody had a gun?

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.
gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Wouldn't it be great if everybody had a gun?

Postby gozer » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:25 am

snoqueen wrote:I liked how they thought this was a good way to meet girls on State Street.

"is that a glock in your pocket, or u just glad to see me?"

we can be thankful, perhaps, that they did not show up with an immobilon or wildnil tranquilliser dart kit . . .

nonyuppie
Forum Addict

Re: per Bwiss's request, moved to the proper thread

Postby nonyuppie » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:26 am

penquin wrote:that same type of "Reefer Madness" mentality which brought us the War on Drugs is bringing us the War on Firearms.

You can't be serious!

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:00 am

snoqueen wrote:I liked how they thought this was a good way to meet girls on State Street.

That was a nice bonus :)

"... one of their goals that night was to get phone numbers from women."

What caliber of woman would bite?

jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:04 am

I'll just drop this here. Facts matter.
jman111 wrote:
penquin wrote:Another example is how a lotta folks in the gun thread made it clear that facts don't matter to 'em at all - they still insist that assault weapons fire thousands of bullets every minute, that there is never a need for someone to defend themselves...

(my emphases)
Really? I don't remember either of these claims being made. Got links?

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:10 am

jman111 wrote:I'll just drop this here.

I responded to that, and you responded to my response which I then also responded to. Will requote it here since you missed it in the other thread...

penquin wrote:
jman111 wrote:No, you are not "reading me correctly". I am taking exception to the specific examples you provided.

Thanks for clarifying, and so clearly as well. Am glad to see the other examples still hold up despite your close scrutiny.

With that in mind, would you be willing to provide an example or two of lefties telling untrue statements on this forum? PJ says it doesn't happen, but am pretty sure he would dismiss any/all examples I would provide due to his prejudicism.

I will admit, though, that I find it quite entertaining to see you attempt to demonstrate that "facts don't matter" to others by presenting non-factual, non-supported claims of your own, "just off the top of (your) head".

If no "link" is provided, then you take that to mean that the statement is non-factual? And you consider that to be a reasonable & rational position to hold, eh?

*rolls eyes*

This may be why reasonable people find it difficult to believe that you are interested in serious discussion.

If they truly beleive as such, then it is obvious they aren't reasonable people.

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Re: per Bwiss's request, moved to the proper thread

Postby penquin » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:15 am

nonyuppie wrote:You can't be serious!

Absolutely serious. The same type of uninformed and ignorant thinking which brought us the War on Drugs is leading to the War on Firearms...with the same type of "prohibition/confiscation" solution which failed so miserably for that being presented as a reasonable solution for this.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:36 am

What war on firearms? Pot was outlawed. Guns are legal nearly everywhere. It took over a year after the Vegas massacre to outlaw bump stocks.

jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:47 am

penquin wrote:
I will admit, though, that I find it quite entertaining to see you attempt to demonstrate that "facts don't matter" to others by presenting non-factual, non-supported claims of your own, "just off the top of (your) head".

If no "link" is provided, then you take that to mean that the statement is non-factual? And you consider that to be a reasonable & rational position to hold, eh?

What a convenient little straw man you've constructed there. It's pretty clear why you think you win so many arguments here.

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:04 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:What war on firearms?

Are you really unaware that many folks are demanding we ban most guns for most people, or are you just trolling?

It took over a year after the Vegas massacre to outlaw bump stocks.

Yup. Gotta give Trump some credit for that one - the Obama Administration made a terrible choice in allowing bump-stocks to be completely legal and I see no problem with making them as restricted as fully automatics weapons currently are.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:18 pm

Tell us about the many people who want to ban all firearms.

So you think there is a snowball's chance in hell that the Supreme Court will overturn their ruling in Heller?

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:38 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:Tell us about the many people who want to ban all firearms.

Why are you asking me to elaborate on something I never said?

So you think there is a snowball's chance in hell that the Supreme Court will overturn their ruling in Heller?

I think there's as much of a chance of that ever happening as there is in getting Roe v. Wade overturned...and lots of folks seem kinda concerned about that one.

Is it your professional opinion (as a former teacher who specialized in this subject) that Supreme Court rulings are cemented forever&ever? I seem to recall the court overturning one or three of their previous rulings before, but I could be mistaken and don't have time to google it right now...

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:50 pm

penquin wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:Tell us about the many people who want to ban all firearms.

Why are you asking me to elaborate on something I never said?

Because you did say it.

Are you really unaware that many folks are demanding we ban most guns for most people...

Now quibble away over my use of the word all, rather than most. Tell us more about those "many folks."

Weather Bob
Forum Addict

Postby Weather Bob » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:53 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:Now quibble away over my use of the word all, rather than most.

Actually, "most" and "all" really are different concepts, Henry. That's not a quibble.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:58 pm

I'll concede that, but to my main point: there are not many people who wants to ban most guns, unless one considers assault style weaponry most guns.

jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:16 pm

penquin wrote:Why are you asking me to elaborate on something I never said?

He asked, with no apparent sense of irony.

Return to “Headlines”