If you grab my junk...

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Re: If you grab my junk...

Postby rabble » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:58 am

I take amusement in Tyner's current situation with the TSA.

Yes, we're investigating him. John Tyner is the subject of a Federal Investigation by the Transportation Security Administration, who has access to every bit of his and his family's personal history, Yup, we're investigating him all right.

But we're pretty sure nothing will come of it. He'll just have something interesting to think about for a few months, that's all. Long enough to make sure everyone sees what happens when you rock the TSA boat.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:39 pm

Could Obama and Big Sis be co-opting the TSA to transform it into the promised "Civilian Security Force"?

kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess

Postby kurt_w » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:48 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:Could Obama and Big Sis be co-opting the TSA to transform it into the promised "Civilian Security Force"?

Yeah, you should definitely buy some gold and maybe build a fallout shelter or something. Running around in the woods with a bunch of fat white guys carrying paintball guns would probably be a good idea, too.

(It's like the 1990s all over again!)

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:50 pm

The conundrum:

They are questions with no satisfactory answers, because no one believes that the TSA has instituted the new measures on a whim; the TSA's job is to keep flying as safe as humanly and technologically possible. And if security measures at airports were to be significantly reduced -- if, because of an outcry by passengers, the government were to reluctantly remove some of the screening procedures that it feels are necessary -- would people feel confident getting onto planes?

Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:58 pm

They are questions with no satisfactory answers, because no one believes that the TSA has instituted the new measures on a whim

I believe the new measures were instituted on a whim. A stupid, illogical, knee-jerk whim. But I know I'm in the minority.

I've never felt unsafe flying on a plane, but I've felt like I wished I was anywhere but an airport the last few times I've been. So yes, I'd still feel confident getting on a plane. And what strikes me as so ridiculous is that the same people who, when polled, say they agree with the safety measures because they wouldn't feel safe otherwise, have no problem driving on the highway to get to the airport, even though car travel is vastly more dangerous -- even without terrorists -- then plane travel ever will be. But I guess people are more afraid of terrorists than dangerous idiots, even though there are a lot more of the latter than the former.

Average Joe
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Average Joe » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:05 am

By the time the 2012 election rolls around the T/GOP will be calling the TSA line Obama's "rape rooms".

Average Joe
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Average Joe » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:14 am

ouroborus4 wrote: I find the discover article to be interesting in that even if the scanners are considered to be 99.99% safe, they still pose a threat to the population at large when you consider the sheer volume of people who will be exposed to that radiation. A .01% risk for millions of airline passengers will leave a significant amount of people with cellular damage even though the risk to any individual is small.

When they say it's 99% safe they mean that you have a 1% chance of having adverse effects from the scanner, not that 1% of the people who are scanned will have adverse effects.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:49 am

what fraction of the machines use the radio waves a step below microwaves how many use back-scattered x-rays? the former is non-ionising and couldn't cause cancer any more than microwave ovens or magnetic fields could -- and i'm sure the back-scattered x-rays aren't the same as getting blasted with 50 000 msv of hard x-rays from a linear accelerator, which is what some people are trying to make it sound like.

i read an article in one of the german medical journals that noscapine has anti-tumour activity -- so if u are worried about carcinogenesis from the scanners, smoke or eat a bunch of opium or shoot up some pantopon or a.i.p. or black tar smack on your way to the gate.

or do a bunch of e before the pat down -- it makes it feel groovy and one would have more empathy for the t.s.a workers, i'd wager.

"this scanner is only for the sexy people, so all u fly mothers get out there and dance..."
--t.s.a radio advertisement, 17.xi.2010

Stella_Guru
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stella_Guru » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:06 am

The administation's willingness to look at all people as potentially violent will someday lead to resistance defined as committing treason. If they are not already, they should be paying the terrorists for creating the opportunity to empower and embolden the forces of the pig power structure.
Last edited by Stella_Guru on Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:39 am, edited 4 times in total.

c02
Forum Addict

Postby c02 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:16 am

gozer wrote:"this scanner is only for the sexy people, so all u fly mothers get out there and dance..."
--t.s.a radio advertisement, 17.xi.2010

That is hucking filarious.

ouroborus4
Forum Addict

Postby ouroborus4 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:54 am

Average Joe wrote:
ouroborus4 wrote:I find the discover article to be interesting in that even if the scanners are considered to be 99.99% safe, they still pose a threat to the population at large when you consider the sheer volume of people who will be exposed to that radiation. A .01% risk for millions of airline passengers will leave a significant amount of people with cellular damage even though the risk to any individual is small.

When they say it's 99% safe they mean that you have a 1% chance of having adverse effects from the scanner, not that 1% of the people who are scanned will have adverse effects.

I read it to mean that on 1% of scans there is a potential for an individual to experience adverse effects. Either way, the point is that sheer volume of people being scanned poses a substantial threat to the population as a whole though any individual is probably safe.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:59 am

do we know with certainty that the person in question was not using the term "junk" to refer to a bindle of heroin? why one would call their member for cockshire and swinging sisters their junk is not all that clear to me. unless it is something like: "hey baby, my junk will make u feel just like jesus' son..."

Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beaver » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:44 pm

Surveillance video shows model being groped in broad daylight: 'I feel sick every time I watch it'
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/surveil ... 56187.html

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:32 pm

So how many times have you watched it?

Return to “Headlines”