If you grab my junk...

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.
kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess

Re: If you grab my junk...

Postby kurt_w » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:30 am

Uncle Fester visits the Forum:

Local Politics & Government: There's too many Muslims in Madison!

In the News: Did you hear about that Muslim who was in the news for doing something really bad?

Elections 2010: I don't like Muslims.

National Politics & Government: The guvmint oughtta be killing more Muslims.

International Affairs: Muslims in various countries suck.

Techno: Muslims never would have invented the Internet!

Catch All: Weird random crap making fun of Muslims.

Town Vibe: Some off-topic reason for hating Muslims.

West Side Vibe: If we don't bomb Iran, Muslims will take over Woodman's.

East Side Vibe: Stupid East Side liberals are Muslim-luvin' traitors who will have us all living under sharia.

Downtown Vibe: I saw a Muslim downtown once. Who let that happen?

Travel: If we banned Muslims from flying, we wouldn't have to take off our shoes at airports.

Sports: My favorite thing about baseball is the lack of Muslims.

Recreation: What's your favorite recreational activity? Mine is complaining about Muslims on the Daily Page!

Bike Issues: I don't really care about bike issues, unless there's a Muslim involved on one side or the other.

Hype Exchange: Madison's bands really ought to be more vocal about the Muslim menace.

Restaurant Reviews: Every restaurant meal should be required to include some pork.

HeyZeus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HeyZeus » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:48 pm

This guy is flattering himself. He's got a look like very few people have EVER touched his junk.

David Blaska
Forum God/Goddess

Postby David Blaska » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:43 pm

The ACLU: 90 Years of Protecting Your Liberty

The ACLU's Campaign Against Racial Profiling fights law enforcement and private security practices that disproportionately target people of color for investigation and enforcement. We represent individuals who have been victims of racial profiling by airlines, police, and government agencies. Our work also encompasses major initiatives in public education and advocacy, including the creation of essential resources, lobbying for the passage of data collection and anti-profiling legislation, and litigation of airline and highway profiling cases.

Average Joe wrote:Yawn...do you have any reality based comments, troll?

Hey, Below Average Joe, instead of the name-calling and insults, how about responding to the reality of why the United States of America, the nation that rolled back fascism and communism, is now entertaining the mullahs by groping granny?

Average Joe
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Average Joe » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:06 pm

Note to the has-been drinky-drinky clown: Where where was your righteous indignation when Bush was mutilating civil liberties?

David Blaska
Forum God/Goddess

Postby David Blaska » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:20 pm

Was George W. driving airplanes full of passengers into office buildings? But it's your call, sub-Average: touch the rubber glove on Khalid Shaikh Mohammed's junk or on Susie Creamcheese?

Average Joe
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Average Joe » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:25 pm

Yes, the bad guys would never be able to figure out a work around if they knew there were exceptions to the pat down, dim-wit. Your mindset is black and white, but the fact of the matter is most of life happens in the gray areas.

David Blaska
Forum God/Goddess

Postby David Blaska » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:26 pm

Was that supposed to be an answer? Really, is that the best you can do?

Average Joe
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Average Joe » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:40 pm

Do you really think the bad guys are not smart enough to figure out that the TSA is racial profiling? Do you really think they are not cunning enough to recruit and train "martyrs" who don't fit the profile once discovered and potentially be able to exploit that and bypass the security levels? If a security procedure is implemented, it needs to be for all to prevent weaknesses in the system. If you want to debate the effectiveness of the new procedures, thats a different debate but the hyperventilating obsession you, Fester and Ned have with profiling people who "look" Muslim is worth nothing but disdain and ridicule.

David Blaska
Forum God/Goddess

Postby David Blaska » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:59 pm

Average Joe wrote:Do you really think the bad guys are not smart enough to figure out that the TSA is racial profiling? Do you really think they are not cunning enough to recruit and train "martyrs" who don't fit the profile once discovered and potentially be able to exploit that and bypass the security levels?

In certain madrassas of Madison? Probably not.

Average Joe
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Average Joe » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:08 pm

David Blaska wrote:
In certain madrassas of Madison? Probably not.

David Blaska wrote:Was that supposed to be an answer? Really, is that the best you can do?

Petro
Forum Addict

Postby Petro » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:42 pm

kurt_w wrote:Uncle Fester visits the Forum:

Restaurant Reviews: Every restaurant meal should be required to include some pork.

I'd probably be alright with that as long as dessert was granted an exemption.
Last edited by Petro on Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lysander
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lysander » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:04 pm

So, are any of you actually trying to advance the argument that looking Arabic or having an Arabic name isn't going to get you looked at extra hard through security?

Let me assure you, to get on a plane in the US while Muslim (or at least while looking obviously Muslim) is a very different experience for those of us who are "American" looking. Regardless of what the ACLU wishes for, regardless of whatever PR crap is in the press releases.

My other point is to say that if you take a Muslim of any race, and dress them up differently (whether they're black, white, Arabic etc) there's basically no way that you could identify them as "potential terrorists" as opposed to "Hispanic guy" or "black guy". Getting around racial profiling is so easy it makes the process almost pointless.

Claiming that this whole thing would be so much easier if we could just focus on the Muslims/Arabs is the argument of stupid, shortsighted people who live in fantasy worlds where Jack Bauer saves the day and Glen Beck isn't an imbecile.

So get the fuck over it. Racial profiling doesn't work, no matter how much you hate the constitution, no matter how simple your worldview is.

Petro
Forum Addict

Postby Petro » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:16 pm

lysander wrote:So get the fuck over it. Racial profiling doesn't work, no matter how much you hate the constitution, no matter how simple your worldview is.

Profiling simply on the appearance of someone's cultural heritage is stupid, ineffective and just as insulting as supposed "random" screenings.

Intelligent profiling by trained staff is quick and actually effective - but of course, that requires staff with training and some degree of intelligence. It'd never work unless we gutted the TSA and started all over again.

There's a huge difference between "Let's take a closer at this guy because he's brown." and "Let's take a closer look at this guy because he was recently in Jordan, paid for his one-way ticket in cash, has no luggage and keeps trying to avoid eye contact while answering the simple question of 'Where are you going?'."

lysander
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lysander » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:27 pm

Endo Rockstar
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Endo Rockstar » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:44 am

Uhg, Reddit's been blathering about this for days too.

I think the real question is: when will the "terrorists" start blowing themselves up in the screening areas instead? It seems as though that would be an effective scare tactic.

-Dan Motor

Return to “Headlines”