If you grab my junk...

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.
jhain
Forum God/Goddess

Re: If you grab my junk...

Postby jhain » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:06 am

gargantua wrote:I'll be looking for alternatives to flying whenever possible. Man, sure would be nice if we had some high speed rail alternative huh?

High Speed Bus sounds promising.

Comrade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Comrade » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:56 am

jhain wrote:
gargantua wrote:I'll be looking for alternatives to flying whenever possible. Man, sure would be nice if we had some high speed rail alternative huh?

High Speed Bus sounds promising.

We do have a rail alternative. It is called AMTRAK and can connect most major cities in the US. You should look into it. However, it is in Columbus rather than Madison. For some reason the government felt that Madison was not cost effective for them.......hmmmmmm.

The rest of this is just plain ridiculous. It doesn't have to be this way. Look, we know what human tissue looks like in the nudescope. We also know how clothing appears in the same picture. Why can't we filter out what we know from the image to leave "everything else"? It is after all the "everything else" that we are tring to detect. It doesn't have to be so damm invasive. Why are we just taking this lying down?

Lastly, the radiation is a huge concern for pilots and flight attendants who have to get screened daily. How would you like to be exposed to the radiation from x rays every single day?

Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:40 pm

snoqueen wrote:Sounds silly but so is the feel-them-up system.

It's all silly.
The sane solution is to stop implementing stupid, wasteful, time-consuming, idiotic procedures based on fear.
Invest in real intelligence-gathering as opposed to trying to catch the barbarians when they're already at the gate, so to speak.

The amount of security being proposed is vastly disproportionate to the amount of breaches which have occurred. We already have systems in place that could do a much better job than they have in the past, if only we'd use them properly and learn from our mistakes.

Finally, we need to accept that a certain (very very very very very small) percentage of crazies will always manage to do crazy things. There is no possible way to stop every bad thing from ever happening and it's insane to think we can. Why is this such a hard truth for so many to accept? Considering that even when the crazies do manage to breach security, they usually fail at whatever insane thing they were attempting, it's obvious that we're overreacting. 9/11 has happened exactly once and laying the blame for failing to stop it on the folks working airport security is ludicrous.

donges
Forum God/Goddess

Postby donges » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:44 pm

Comrade wrote:We do have a rail alternative. It is called AMTRAK and can connect most major cities in the US. You should look into it.

Not even close. A trip from Milwaukee to Lincoln, NE (which I can drive in about 8 hours) is a 13 hour train ride. Milwaukee to Philadelphia? 24 hours on the rails. Columbus to Lincoln is not even available as a ticket-able trip by Amtrak.
Although the ticket prices are better than airfare
So while I guess it certainly is an alternative, it is not a great alternative. But, then, walking could be considered an alternative as well if you have the time.

QuantumWeaver

Postby QuantumWeaver » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:57 pm

Grope away - but I reserve the right to choose the hot, young TSA guy that gets to do it... and I get to grope back as a security counter measure.

Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:49 pm

I think if you're going to fly, first cut out some letters with duct tape and tape them to your body so that when you stand in the scanner they see "Hey TSA. FUCK YOU"

mifflander
Forum Addict

Postby mifflander » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:50 pm

Dangerousman wrote:I think if you're going to fly, first cut out some letters with duct tape and tape them to your body so that when you stand in the scanner they see "Hey TSA. FUCK YOU"

Yeah, just in case you're worried you WON'T get the full cavity search treatment.

Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:04 pm

mifflander wrote:
Dangerousman wrote:I think if you're going to fly, first cut out some letters with duct tape and tape them to your body so that when you stand in the scanner they see "Hey TSA. FUCK YOU"

Yeah, just in case you're worried you WON'T get the full cavity search treatment.

Not really a worry.

I don't actually blame the TSA employees, they've always been polite and professional. I do however blame the politicians who allow or support this unwarranted intrusion.

bmasel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bmasel » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:36 pm

How 'bout if I just take off my clothes?

eriedasch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby eriedasch » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:57 pm

Could have been your million dollar idea, D-man:
http://www.flyingpasties.com/2ndgeneration.html

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:29 pm

bmasel wrote:How 'bout if I just take off my clothes?

See, that's what I like! Constructive ideas. The part I'm having trouble with is this: How does you taking off your clothes help me get through security? We might not even be at the same airport, to say nothing of being there at the same time.

Dust Mite Rodeo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dust Mite Rodeo » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:51 pm

bmasel wrote:How 'bout if I just take off my clothes?

Heck, I'm going to a nude beach anyways. Might as well get a head start.

Petro
Forum Addict

Postby Petro » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:55 am

I wouldn't be so certain that duct tape will show up on the scanner. It'd be better to use aluminum tape.

Uncle Fester
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Uncle Fester » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:12 pm

God forbid that we allow profiling of nervous, twitchy, sweaty young Muslim men who want to board airplanes without baggage. After all, there are old ladies, war heroes, and children who need to be strip searched in the name of "fighting terrorism."

Thank liberals and these guys:

The ACLU: 90 Years of Protecting Your Liberty

The ACLU's Campaign Against Racial Profiling fights law enforcement and private security practices that disproportionately target people of color for investigation and enforcement. We represent individuals who have been victims of racial profiling by airlines, police, and government agencies. Our work also encompasses major initiatives in public education and advocacy, including the creation of essential resources, lobbying for the passage of data collection and anti-profiling legislation, and litigation of airline and highway profiling cases.

Average Joe
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Average Joe » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:35 pm

Yawn...do you have any reality based comments, troll?

Return to “Headlines”