Police involved shootings

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.
Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Police involved shootings

Postby Bwis53 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:38 pm

So the man forgot to lock his door, or opened it when the cop tried her key. The cop just got off of a 15 hour shift. I've walked into the wrong apartment and gotten into the wrong car. I'm not saying what happened was okay. I saw a piece on NBC news about doctor's work load stress and suicide rates. Work place stress needs to be addressed. Companies need to realize we are humans still, and not robots yet.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:53 pm

Bwis. She knew the victim. There are strong indications that this was not an accident, which is the reason the grand jury charged her with murder. We'll find out a lot more if she decides to try her luck and go to trial.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:13 pm

Hey, has anyone ever asked you for an example of irony?
Four St. Louis Cops Indicted for Beating an Undercover Officer Posing as a Protester
According to prosecutors, Officers Dustin Boone, Christopher Myers and Randy Hays threw a 22-year police veteran to the ground and began to kick him while assaulting him with a police baton on Sept. 17, 2017. It allegedly occurred during protests downtown after the acquittal of former police Officer Jason Stockley on a murder charge for the fatal shooting of Anthony Lamar Smith.

They thought the undercover officer was a protester and allegedly beat him even though he was being compliant and not threatening physical harm.

The indictment also claims that several of the officers talked about their "disdain" for protesters and their "excitement about using unjustified force against them and going undetected while doing so."

Return to “Headlines”