more and more and more

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.
gozer
Forum God/Goddess

more and more and more

Postby gozer » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:57 am

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/kurtz ... le/2621426

the interviewed journalist noted that the media feels free to engage in "snark"-based coverage of the president and other articles have called out m s n b c and fox for being the worst, on two different sides, and especially the latter did it to obama and h r c . . . c n n domestic is even worse and as of about a week ago (it was on when i was in hospital and couldn't change it to something else and or go round amongst the three plus the finance channels and b b c .. .) if i were an editor or shareholder at any of those outfits i would be apoplectic -- it is bad behaviour for pre-edolescents and it used to be that for media people it was one of those things which just is not done . . . call it what u will but it is stupid and diversionary and insensitive . . .

Donald
Forum God/Goddess

Re: more and more and more

Postby Donald » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:24 am

Your link is from April 2017. Are you sure you didn't just wake up from an 11-month coma?

My own opinion is that the outlets you highlight went out of their way to promote the Trump candidacy, giving him wall-to-wall coverage. ABC, MSNBC, CNN, FOX were all aboard the Trump train, and got around to actual reporting very late. They never gave rational candidates any free air time. It became pretty clear early on that the guy was a fascist and a liar, but the media kept covering the guy like he was a normal candidate. It was pretty deep into the campaign when they actually started calling him out for his lies.

You seem to be most concerned about "snark." Yes, it's too bad Trump requires a different kind of reporting, but to take the guy seriously is to buy into his dysfunction. I used to work with a liar like Trump. Snark is a pretty good way to deal with gaslighting. That way the guy gets the idea you ain't gonna be played.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Re: more and more and more

Postby gozer » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:09 am

that is really all they have? after they, as u mentioned, pretty much helped the crackpots in the d n c recruit and wind up trump to go like the tasmanian devil through the republican primaries and finished them with even more steam than he knew what to do with? he will be gone in three or seven years -- their reputation will take much longer to recover, if at all. it may also be a cultural thing -- i find snark and whatever else they call such things to be extremely offensive on general principle and a good fraction of folks on earth do . . . these dumbfucks at the networks ostensibly have at least four years of tertiary education in this field and they cannot make their arguments with words they actually mean? and if not, then it should remind people that bloggers are not, all other things being equal, journalists, and should not be treated as such . . . just imagine some of this stuff and terminology like "butthurt" appearing day after day in the financial times or washington post . . .

Return to “Headlines”