ice ice baby

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?
Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Re: ice ice baby

Postby Cadfael » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:35 pm

The sand pile at Olbrich is gone. And by gone, I mean cleaned down to the pavement where it looks like people used brooms to sweep up what was left.

There's still two or three pickup loads worth at the Tenney Beach parking lot on Sherman.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:22 pm

There was a decent pile at Garner park yesterday afternoon, but there was a steady stream of us coming in to whittle it down.

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:12 pm

Here's what 10 feet of snow looks like
https://madison.com/gallery/news/nation ... ook.com#10

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:35 pm

. . . the area around one of our daughter's houses on the east side was an accident waiting to happen by 15.00 on thursday which we attacked successfully with sodium acetate, calcium chloride, and magnesium sulphate dissolved in a mixture of water and methanol and ethanol, a mineralogist's hammer, sand, and my first experiment with loading sand, salt, and the three other solid chemicals into a sand-blaster . . . no need for the pick, or the fire axe, and the ball peen hammer didn't help like i hoped . . . u can even make hell-on-wheels de-icers that will work down to -100℃ or more with ether and shit*, but we all know why that would present morale and accident-proneness problems . . . i suppose the ne plus ultra is thermite . . . of course it would burn through the pavement too . . .

---
no, not shit as in faeces, but as a kind of metasyntactic wild-card -- todays pharmacology lesson: http://www.kxxv.com/story/8082019/huffi ... ug-or-hoax
Last edited by gozer on Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:37 pm

Forty cars all over the highway out by Eau Claire. According to the local departments, another twenty or thirty in the ditches on other roads nearby. That is one impressive video. Where's the 85 mile marker?

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:03 am

it is not too far from the trempealeau county line

Return to “Town Vibe”