You people and your cameras

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?
Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Re: You people and your cameras

Postby Bwis53 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:24 pm

Ch15 had video from someone's home security camera. The perps were coming up their driveway, into their garage. Why did they blur their faces?

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:54 am

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:54 am

RING Doorbell Thwarts Robbery
http://www.steves-digicams.com/news/rin ... bbery.html

"Which is exactly what happened to a homeowner in Roseville, CA last week. A 34-year-old Sacramento resident approached a house with a Ring doorbell on it and pressed the button. The camera then sent a live feed to the homeowner who wasn't home and didn't recognize the woman, so they didn't say anything and the woman left.

The homeowner kept watching on the camera though as something seemed weird and sure enough, the stranger came back... this time wearing a hoodie. The intruder proceeded to spray paint the ring doorbell as well as another camera, but the homeowner had already activated the alarm which scared the criminal off.

The homeowner then contacted the police and because of the footage which is not just live streamed but recorded was able to show them the female intruder. Local police identified the intruder, as she had priors, and quickly apprehended her for attempted burglary, conspiracy, vandalism and committing a felony while out on bail.

If you live in a rural area or just want to protect yourself, there are affordable camera options out there with great features now that just might offer you a little piece of mind. "

Dust Mite Rodeo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dust Mite Rodeo » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:46 pm

I've got an Arlo Go attached to Rancho Single-Wide (somewhere in the central sands country). It connects directly to Verizon wireless so you don't need Wifi at the location. I can pull up a live video feed any time I want. If anything sets off the motion detector it sends a notification to my phone and uploads a 60 second video to Arlo's server.

I've seen stray dogs, rabbits, squirrels, kitty cats and Jehovah's Witnesses. Right now the wasps and hornets keep setting it off.

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:03 am

Just saw a tv ad for this. Probably doesn't work well.

https://www.buycopcam.com/?mid=10122626

narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:14 pm

But is this the way people WAnt to live? Having everything and everywhere monitored and recorded from here on out? From the enthusiasm I see, especially on the neighborhood sites, it would appear so.

I don't want to live this way at all but unfortunately I have little choice outside of my own yard. I would never leave anything laying outside that I wasn't prepared to possibly lose. Now that the UPS and PO have stopped knocking on the door to deliver packages, I think having your online purchase laying out in the open should just be the price you pay for the convenience. I'm sure 911 operators and the police are just thrilled when they get a call from some hyper doorbell camera owner, panicked that some stranger just walked off with their printer ink that was laying on the steps a few feet off the sidewalk. Excellent allocation of police resources there.

msnflyer
Forum Addict

Postby msnflyer » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:17 pm

I got a good suggestion for camera use today. When parking in an unfamiliar area, take a photo of the street signs and nearby houses, makes finding your vehicle easier. Today, in Monroe, I walked 6 miles trying to find my vehicle. Finally had to request police involvement, they were very helpful.

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:00 am

I hope it was a nice day for a walk. Last night was not too cold for some thieves:

https://neighbors.ring.com/n/O6MqR

"Car thefts trying to come back with old keys
January 30, 2019. Middleton, WI
These kids stole our car that had our house keys, came back (a week later) to try and get into the house!"

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:58 am

well, apparently, if the kids cannot get away with ringing the doorbell and running away they will take roundup® and draw a cock and balls and a swastika on your lawn . . .

Return to “Town Vibe”