There is a reopening ceremony. From Allen Artsen's alder page:
We will officially celebrate the grand reopening of the street on Saturday, December 1. This is going to be a very big event! I includes a "Where's Wingra" treasure hunt for kids ages 2-10 that has 17 businesses participating, and an evening of Afterglow dining/drink specials aimed at attracting new young adult customers.
The schedule is as follows:
1. At 10:00 the bright red vintage Badger Trolleybus will depart from HotelRED with Santa, city officials, workers from Speedway Sand and Gravel and representatives of the Monroe St. Merchants Association on board . It will be led by four Cooper Mini reindeer as it drives to the far west end of Monroe Street and turns around so that it can stop at the west business district (location TBD) for a ribbon cutting, and then proceed to Monroe Commons (by Trader Joe's) for a second ribbon cutting.
2. Santa will get off to greet children between 11:00 and 12:00
3. The trolley will give free rides until 2:00.
4. There will be two groups of carolers in the afternoon, one from Madison's Gilbert and Sullivan troupe The Savoyards, and the other the popular a cappella group The Ambulatones.
5. Henry the Lion, the mascot from the Zoo will be on Monroe Street from 1:00-2:00.
3 Sheeps IPS is releasing a Two Way IPA in honor of the completion of the roadwork that is an imperial IPA "brewed using a whirlpool addition of Citra hops and a dry hop of Sorachi Ace. The resulting beer is bursting with Citrus, Lemon. and slight woody notes."https://www.cityofmadison.com/council/d ... 3/updates/