Car thefts

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?
Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Car thefts

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:03 am

ttt3 wrote: You seriously wanna call a kid that young a "wussy"?

Nope. Probably why I didn't, nor anything even resembling it.
And, you know, I only called you a name because you invited me to.

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Fight Club

Postby penquin » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:52 am

Ya'll were asked nicely...so why don't you assholes who are trying to pick a fight take it outta here and to the correct thread instead?

*shakes head slowly*

Some peoples' kids...I tell ya

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:10 am

Bland wrote:
ttt3 wrote:I'm driving to work in a nice warm car in the meantime.

You're also wasting gas and poisoning the environment but hey, you do you.

Well, someone will be driving a nice warm car. It might not be you, though.

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:01 am

I wasn't a fan of the keyless ignition when I first got my car, but gotta admit it makes it a lot less worrisome when I start it up and go back inside for a quick moment.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:50 am

ttt3 wrote:
Prof. Wagstaff wrote:
ttt3 wrote:Do you or have you ever had young kids?

Seriously? So shaming people who leave their cars running and unlocked gets you mad but you have no problem with people shifting the blame for their poor, wussy decisions onto their children, eh?

You're cute.

No, I don't have young kids. But I've been a young kid, and if I'd've bitched about the cold to my parents while they were driving me somewhere they'd have told me what they usually did when I whined: "Life ain't fair, kid."

A 1.5 year old kid can't even fucking talk, dude. This is a toddler. You seriously wanna call a kid that young a "wussy"? Do you have any experience with kids that age?

I don't value my old car that much. It's just a hunk of iron. "Stuff." Nothing special to make me treat it a whole lot different than a lawn mower or a even piece of patio furniture. Maybe just a difference in philosophy between me and others here.

Well, you and the kid better get used to taking the bus because the way you're going, that car isn't going to be yours much longer. It may just be a pile of iron, but it's also your transportation, your convenience, and your responsibility.

Your decisions aren't making sense on so many levels I'm not even gonna start listing them. I do suggest if/when it gets cold again this winter you try bringing an extra baby blanket out to the car and wrapping it around the kid in his car seat. He'll be fine, I promise you. You'll save gas, your car is less likely to get stolen (and crashed), the environment and the rest of us will thank you, and you'll all get wherever you are going just fine.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:25 am

After a short warm up, slowly drive to allow the oil to reach all engine parts. A moving car warms up faster than one that is just idling.

jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:09 pm

ttt3 wrote:Next question?

Serious question(s)- have you tried lock de-icer? And do you know that it's only a couple of bucks? It works great for most car door locks.

Another thing that used to work great for me- stick your key in your mouth, or firmly between your warm hands or fingers, for a few seconds to warm it up. Insert into lock and try to turn. Don't force it. If it won't go, put the key back in your mouth and repeat.

Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beaver » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:21 am

A 13 year old girl? Precocious darling, isn't she? How do they know her age?

13-year-old girl runs over woman while attempting to steal car
https://www.channel3000.com/news/crime/ ... /690768493

"Police said the 45-year-old woman had her car running and was loading it up when she saw the teen get into her car...The woman tried to talk the girl through the window, but the girl drove away, dragging the woman for about 30 feet before running her over. The woman was transported to a hospital with minor injuries. The car was found a short distance away, but the girl is still at large."

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:17 pm

Beaver wrote:A 13 year old girl? Precocious darling, isn't she? How do they know her age?

Ever hear of a police report? Her name was redacted, but her age wasn't. Why are you surprised by that?

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:10 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:
Beaver wrote:A 13 year old girl? Precocious darling, isn't she? How do they know her age?

Ever hear of a police report? Her name was redacted, but her age wasn't. Why are you surprised by that?

They cut off her leg and count the rings.

Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beaver » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:26 am

Henry Vilas wrote:

I saw no police report. So they know her name and age but can't find her? Yes I am surprised by that. Ever hear of a good question?

Jademan7
Forum Addict

Postby Jademan7 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:14 am

They said on the news that she is in custody. These kids needs some "real world" consequences. She know she will get a slap on the wrist and get out. I believe from the news that she is responsible for other car thefts. At least one back in November, now she's at it again.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:53 am

Jademan7 wrote:They said on the news that she is in custody. These kids needs some "real world" consequences. She know she will get a slap on the wrist and get out.

What do you think those consequences should be? I don't disagree, especially since she's not a first offender, but I don't want her to get stuck in the prison system at such an early age either. Some form of community service?

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:35 pm

jman111 wrote:
ttt3 wrote:Next question?

Serious question(s)- have you tried lock de-icer? And do you know that it's only a couple of bucks? It works great for most car door locks.

Another thing that used to work great for me- stick your key in your mouth, or firmly between your warm hands or fingers, for a few seconds to warm it up. Insert into lock and try to turn. Don't force it. If it won't go, put the key back in your mouth and repeat.

yes, i once heard someone say that she knew someone who allegedly warmed up the key in her cooter . . .

another thing i am wondering about automobiles is that some years ago, two other forons and myself attended a 'eat doughnuts with the cops" type community event and one of the audience members was talking about how in one location -- it could have been oregon, stoughton, or mc farland, i forget which -- they have had what is obviously more than one person throwing paint thinner on cars, and it apparently goes back to the model t days . . . i wonder if that is still going on and if they ever caught anyone . . .

Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beaver » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:48 pm

Another rash.

http://www.cityofmadison.com/police/wes ... m?Id=13144

"We need your help!
January 30, 2018 7:29 AM
Yesterday there were 5 cars stolen around the City and Fitchburg, this morning another 2 more already, and it isn't even 7:30am yet. Please help us remind your friends and family to not leave your keys in your car! We can't be everywhere so please help us and report any suspicious activity you see!"

Return to “Town Vibe”