Escape room

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Escape room

Postby Shorty » Tue May 10, 2016 8:01 am

Have you tried one of these yet? They are popular. It's getting hard to keep track of these, there are so many.

Escape This, 120 E. Wilson,
Escape Chambers, 459 W. Gilman
and three Escape missions at 1431 Regent St., 2044 S. Stoughton Road, and 6527 Normandy Lane.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/business/es ... 0af81.html

https://www.groupon.com/deals/escape-in ... treatment2

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Escape room

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue May 10, 2016 8:07 am

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:11 pm

Escape room fire kills 5 teen girls celebrating birthday in Poland

Needless to say (but I'll say it anyway), they didn't escape.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:13 pm

We tried to do the one on Stoughton Rd. We called and the lady was a fucking weirdo.
There is an awesome place at Maul of America. I think they have about seven different rooms.

massimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby massimo » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:22 pm

HV stealing from the Shorty/Beaver playbook here?
--resurrect long-dead thread
--post news article from half way around the globe
--display pathetic lack of humanity

Beard
Forum Addict

Postby Beard » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:39 am

Ned Flanders wrote:We tried to do the one on Stoughton Rd. We called and the lady was a fucking weirdo.
There is an awesome place at Maul of America. I think they have about seven different rooms.

My son has been to a couple of birthday parties at the place on Stoughton Rd. Each time it's been a poor experience involving unfriendly staff and rooms that weren't fully set up - it's no fun trying to escape a room when a key piece of the puzzle is missing and a staff member has to come in and put out items that were supposed to be there in the first place.

I've been to Escape in Time (in Market Square) a couple of times and have enjoyed it. While I still think that the prices are high (even with a Groupon) the place is pretty top notch in terms of staff and the rooms themselves.I've done a pirate themed room and an alien autopsy themed room. Both were impressive set ups and were a nice level of difficulty. My group escaped both of the rooms but with only a few minutes to spare.

Done well, they are a fun thing to do with a group. That said, I don't enjoy them enough to make them a regular activity.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:22 am

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:48 am

Thanks for the info guys. I will avoid the Stoughton rd one. I still haven't tried one.

massimo wrote:HV stealing from the Shorty/Beaver playbook here?

First of all, I don't do those first two often. Most of my posts are in active local or national topics. 2.5 years is long dead? What is wrong with using a thread that is a couple years old? What is wrong with posting news articles from outside the USA? Are you a US nationalist wall builder? Have you noticed foreign news is sometimes headlines on the internet and tv news?

I don't do the third one at all. Can you show me any of my posts where I display a pathetic lack of humanity? Where is the sympathy for the victims in your post? I didn't see any.

Lastly, if you think you can do better than me, why don't you post more? Instead of attacking posters and being destructive, why don't you be constructive and post something interesting or useful for a change?

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:52 am

We've been to the Stoughton Road room a couple times, when family was visiting from out of state. Had fun. The kids really got into it and a couple of them are small and easily distracted. I didn't make the reservations so I have no idea about Ned's complaint, except to say that he himself is a fucking weirdo so either he knows one when he sees one, or he managed to freak out an otherwise normal person.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:07 am

Shorty wrote:Thanks for the info guys. I will avoid the Stoughton rd one. I still haven't tried one.

massimo wrote:HV stealing from the Shorty/Beaver playbook here?

I don't do the third one at all. Can you show me any of my posts where I display a pathetic lack of humanity?

I don't remember what the specific topics were, so I'm not going to sift through the entire Forum to find them, but I remember that you have done the third one on a couple of occasions in the past, and were called out on it. I got the impression that they were attempts at humor that went badly. It happens.

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:39 am

I remember that you and massimo have done the third one on a couple of occasions in the past and were called out for it, also. I can't remember where and don't feel like looking.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:33 pm

Shorty wrote:I remember that you and massimo have done the third one on a couple of occasions in the past and were called out for it, also. I can't remember where and don't feel like looking.

You do not remember any such thing. What weak sauce. You're not big enough to admit that you have made some inadvertent (I assume) thoughtless comments on the Forum. Got it. Do you really want to have a debate about this? Do you really want to ask other Forons what they remember? Because I wouldn't mind that at all.

massimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby massimo » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:58 pm

Shorty/Beaver, the one that springs to mind is in regard to Anthony Bourdain, but there are surely others I could dig up if I cared to.

Here's where we differ: you believe that creating topic after topic about stuff you don't care about (e.g. Playthings, e.g. New Years Eve parties) is "doing better." I believe that not posting anything at all is "doing better." Signal to noise and all that.

Return to “Town Vibe”