Brenda Konkel not running for mayor

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Brenda Konkel not running for mayor

Postby Bwis53 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:39 pm

Is today the deadline?

Stu Levitan
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stu Levitan » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:48 pm

5pm

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:57 pm

Too bad. I wasn't contemplating voting for her, but she would have added interest to the campaign.

timby
Forum Addict

Postby timby » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:56 am

gargantua wrote:Too bad. I wasn't contemplating voting for her, but she would have added interest to the campaign.

I think an adviser must have finally gotten through to her that she has a bit of a toxic reputation in the city and she would have have gotten smoked in the primary. She's done a lot of good for the city, but the way she went scorched-earth on the TRC after her firing really soured a lot of people's views of her.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:09 pm

timby wrote:
gargantua wrote:Too bad. I wasn't contemplating voting for her, but she would have added interest to the campaign.

I think an adviser must have finally gotten through to her that she has a bit of a toxic reputation in the city and she would have have gotten smoked in the primary. She's done a lot of good for the city, but the way she went scorched-earth on the TRC after her firing really soured a lot of people's views of her.

I guess that's probably true but in my case it soured my views on everyone involved in that disaster except her.

Of course she can't run now, she's been swiftboated. Personally I hope she isn't done scorching that particular earth.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:18 pm

I agree. My reason for not planning to vote for her had nothing to do with the TRC fiasco. But I have no doubt that it turned off some voters who may have been receptive to her candidacy.

Westsidegal
Forum Addict

Postby Westsidegal » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:11 pm

Brenda would have taken votes away from the other Progressive Dane candidate, Satya Rhodes-Conway. That is why Satya’s allies on the TRC board took her out.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:13 pm

Yeah, looks like Satya's got a lock on it now.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:18 pm

Westsidegal wrote:Brenda would have taken votes away from the other Progressive Dane candidate, Satya Rhodes-Conway. That is why Satya’s allies on the TRC board took her out.

Wow.
Lucky for Satya that assertion likely can't be proven. Can it?

Stu Levitan
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stu Levitan » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:00 pm

Could someone making these accusations against Satya - who had nothing to fear from Brenda -- point to some actual link between her and TRC board members?

Thanks.

Westsidegal
Forum Addict

Postby Westsidegal » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:42 am

Every vote that Brenda would have gotten now goes to Rhodes-Conway. The people who support R-C were really irked when Brenda got in the race, claiming that no other candidate was truly progressive with a commitment to social justice.

You’re welcome.

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:49 am

Westsidegal wrote:Every vote that Brenda would have gotten now goes to Rhodes-Conway. The people who support R-C were really irked when Brenda got in the race, claiming that no other candidate was truly progressive with a commitment to social justice.

You’re welcome.

I love the smell of innuendo in the morning.

DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:00 am

Westsidegal wrote:Every vote that Brenda would have gotten now goes to Rhodes-Conway.

This is a rather specious conjecture.

Westsidegal wrote:The people who support R-C were really irked when Brenda got in the race, claiming that no other candidate was truly progressive with a commitment to social justice.

This claim seems actually plausible.

But previously you claimed (without evidence) that "people who support R-C" specifically includes the TRC board, and further that they fired her for purely partisan reasons, unrelated to her TRC work. That is not only unethical, it might very well be criminal.
That is a very serious charge to make against the TRC board without anything to back it up.

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:14 am

I think it's the 'You're welcome' that earns this post a special place in the Hall of Suck.

Nothing like gratuitous condescension when you're overtly refusing to answer a simple and direct question. If I were Ms. Rhodes-Conway, I'd ask my putative supporter to kindly stop so publicly rolling around in her own shit.

Return to “Local Politics & Government”