Raj Shukla for mayor

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Raj Shukla for mayor

Postby Shorty » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:29 pm

https://www.rajshukla.com/?fbclid=IwAR1 ... aB20byCS0E

""MADISON DESERVES NEW LEADERSHIP EQUAL TO OUR DREAMS AND UNDAUNTED BY OUR CHALLENGES. THIS CAMPAIGN IS ABOUT MORE THAN JUST ELECTING A MAYOR. IT’S ABOUT EACH OF US TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR OUR CITY’S FUTURE." - RAJ SHUKLA"

https://www.facebook.com/RajShuklaforMa ... 2k&fref=nf

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Raj Shukla for mayor

Postby gargantua » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:06 pm

So I guess the other candidates are daunted. Who needs that?

npler
Forum Addict

Postby npler » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:41 pm

The more the merrier. I am glad to see the clown car pulling up to the City-County Building. Yes they are daunted if they have the awareness of a sea sponge, because, as ever, All Your Base Are Belong To Soglin!

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:33 pm

All kidding aside, I have mixed feelings about the size of the field. It's probably a healthy thing that the office is drawing so much interest. On the other hand, with so many voices, doesn't that make it more difficult for any individual's message to be heard? That's not a problem for Soglin, but it seems to me that it's a huge problem for everybody else.

npler
Forum Addict

Postby npler » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:43 pm

The Isthmus invariably does a very good job on local government things like this. I think a good way of handling a large primary for any print (including electronic) media is to do a comprehensive article about the race as a whole, short to medium length pieces on each candidate, and then, perhaps most importantly, a table of the candidates and their positions on the main 3 to 7 issues. People can go through the table as they are getting ready to go vote.

Return to “Local Politics & Government”