Sore losers

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Sore losers

Postby Beaver » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:12 pm

They aren't going to go down quietly.

GOP Assembly Speaker Robin Vos threatens to take power away from Tony Evers before January
https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/pol ... twXGSClxpc

"Assembly Speaker Robin Vos (R-Rochester) said Wednesday he would discuss whether to look at limiting Evers' power with Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald (R-Juneau). FItzgerald is open to the idea, according to an aide.

"If there are areas where we could look and say, 'Geez — have we made mistakes where we granted too much power to the executive,' I'd be open to taking a look to say what can we do to change that to try to re-balance it," Vos told reporters. "Maybe we made some mistakes giving too much power to Gov. (Scott) Walker and I'd be open to looking at that to see if there are areas we should change that, but it's far too early to do that before I talk to Scott Fitzgerald."

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Sore losers

Postby gargantua » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:13 pm

They have literally no decency or shame. Something like this was tried in one of the Carolinas I believe. If memory serves, the governor-elect went to court and won.

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:22 pm

I think the "Sore Loser of the Day" goes to our very own Vicki McKenna. She spent three hours hyperventilating, skirting conspiracy theories, blaming Democrats, Republicans, voters, non-voters... basically no one was safe.

But I think my favorite complaint was when she accused Democrats of using marijuana to drive the youth vote and benefit the Democratic candidates. In an of itself it's not a bad gripe, but she followed it up with suggesting that Republicans put abortion or gun rights on ballots to drive Republicans to the polls. Really, Vicki? Do you really want to do that? I'm pretty sure Democrats are going to show up in droves to vote their opinions on those issues as well. And you might accidentally find out that most gun owners aren't nearly as crazy as a blindly partisan conservative radio talk show host.

In the end, Vicki pretty much settled on the notion that there was really only one winner last night: Tammy Baldwin. Everyone else just rode her coattails. And all the Republicans who won elsewhere, of course.

dooley
Forum Addict

Postby dooley » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:46 pm

I liked when Vicki McKenna was talking about areas that went Republican 2 years ago that underperformed yesterday. She said that Democratic voters turned out at 100% or better in some of those districts while Republican voters only turned out at something like 70%. I don't think it occurred to her that some of those voters might have flipped, I think she thought that Republicans stayed home and a bunch of new voters moved to Waukesha.

The Dave Clarke interview was pretty good too.

david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:11 pm

Vicki McKenna is a waste of human life. And that's her upside.

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:59 pm

david cohen wrote:Vicki McKenna is a waste of human life. And that's her upside.

I'm not going to disagree with that, but if you want to understand conservative posters like YMBJ you almost have to wade into the fever swamp in order to see his sources of information.

My impression of Vicki McKenna is that she's smart enough to know that she's lying, but immoral enough to not care, as long as her audience of knuckle-draggers is willing to worship her.

A few months ago she had a guest, I'm guessing a propagandist from the MacIver Institute, talking about voter fraud. There was this long segment about studies and proof and how the main stream media was ignoring it all... thousands upon thousands of cases of voter fraud (perhaps millions, amirite???) Anyway, Vicki slipped "voter registration fraud" into the conversation, just once, I'm assuming to clear her conscience. Her listeners obviously don't distinguish between voter fraud and voter registration fraud, but she apparently wanted to cover her ass when she was accused of being a shameless liar.

The point is, Vicki McKenna KNOWS that she's a liar. She's an entertainer. She makes people dumber for a paycheck. But people like YMBJ are victims of this kind of shameless "entertainment". He doesn't know the difference between voter fraud and voter registration fraud, so he becomes a victim of the propaganda. He's not only convinced, he's willing to SPREAD the lies because he puts so much faith in people like Vicki McKenna who take him for a fool.

We need to address this issue. Vicki McKenna is using PUBLIC airwaves to spread propaganda. We're literally paying money to make our neighbors dumber. And that's not right.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:33 am

Beaver wrote:They aren't going to go down quietly.

GOP Assembly Speaker Robin Vos threatens to take power away from Tony Evers before January
https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/pol ... twXGSClxpc

"Assembly Speaker Robin Vos (R-Rochester) said Wednesday he would discuss whether to look at limiting Evers' power with Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald (R-Juneau). FItzgerald is open to the idea, according to an aide.

"If there are areas where we could look and say, 'Geez — have we made mistakes where we granted too much power to the executive,' I'd be open to taking a look to say what can we do to change that to try to re-balance it," Vos told reporters. "Maybe we made some mistakes giving too much power to Gov. (Scott) Walker and I'd be open to looking at that to see if there are areas we should change that, but it's far too early to do that before I talk to Scott Fitzgerald."

ja, if those fuckers think they granted too much power to the executive branch, i am a three-legged beaver . . . i didn't hear them complain when the fucken state treasurer and lieutenant governor were trying to eliminate not only their own but other elective constitutional offices*. wasn't there also an effort to tamper with the state department of public instruction, including making the superintendent a non-elective office at some point in the last eight years?

they are so dedicated to dismantling citizen-accessible government and implementing their agenda that i fully expect them to do exactly what they promise and more.

why was there not more effort by democrats and independents with respect to this? republican representation in the state senate actually increased, no? and didn't make either house more moderate . . .

i hope the thinking at democratic headquarters was not counting on the blue ripple and getting trump to carry their water for them . . . the republican candidates for other constitutional officers, governor, lieutenant governor, attorney general, and treasurer were odious people with undemocratic ideas -- thank god for small miracles . . . so now u know what to say to any candidate who mentions trump in a speech for a local or state office, be it positive or negative: "next!"

the general assembly and senate are the ones who have been primarily responsible for implementing evil the last eight years -- sure they had walker co-ordinating and waiting down the hall with the pen of evil and the judiciary and regulators either joining in or sitting by with their thumbs up their arse as the situation required, but shit-fitzgerald the gangster and robin vos idiot savant were the main implementation people, u know, like a street crew and their captain in the mafia?

most assuredly it was a different time circa 1994 or so but i remember the republicans had no problem with thompson's lighter shade of the walker gang's pale† and no trouble at all with him striking out individual letters and numbers to actually make new legislation, which i doubt was the intent of the framers of the state constitution that intended for there to be a minimum of three branches of government counterbalanced against one another to prevent those kind of abuses and evil‡ . . .

looks like the solidarity singers may needed longer that everyone thought and maybe it's time for another 100 000 to 115 000 people to show up at the capitol to show those arseholes who is boss?§

---
* isn't running for an office promising to eliminate it the electoral equivalent of what isis often does? the only folks i know to have done it or proposed it are motherfuckers and three-headed rattlesnakes that walk on two legs.
† or is it vice versa? thompson was wrong-headed but didn't reach the level of evil that walker did at least going back to being milwaukee county executive.
‡ u know, i didn't used to be this torqued off . . . i never used the word "evil" with respect to politicians even in marginal cases like kurt waldheim, jörg haider, and mark neumann . . . it wasn't me that changed. when did things get so bad?
§ and as always, i say all of this with the highest respect, because i don't like to talk about people . . .

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:05 am

pjbogart wrote:
david cohen wrote:Vicki McKenna is a waste of human life. And that's her upside.

I'm not going to disagree with that, but if you want to understand conservative posters like YMBJ you almost have to wade into the fever swamp in order to see his sources of information.

My impression of Vicki McKenna is that she's smart enough to know that she's lying, but immoral enough to not care, as long as her audience of knuckle-draggers is willing to worship her.

A few months ago she had a guest, I'm guessing a propagandist from the MacIver Institute, talking about voter fraud. There was this long segment about studies and proof and how the main stream media was ignoring it all... thousands upon thousands of cases of voter fraud (perhaps millions, amirite???) Anyway, Vicki slipped "voter registration fraud" into the conversation, just once, I'm assuming to clear her conscience. Her listeners obviously don't distinguish between voter fraud and voter registration fraud, but she apparently wanted to cover her ass when she was accused of being a shameless liar.

The point is, Vicki McKenna KNOWS that she's a liar. She's an entertainer. She makes people dumber for a paycheck. But people like YMBJ are victims of this kind of shameless "entertainment". He doesn't know the difference between voter fraud and voter registration fraud, so he becomes a victim of the propaganda. He's not only convinced, he's willing to SPREAD the lies because he puts so much faith in people like Vicki McKenna who take him for a fool.

We need to address this issue. Vicki McKenna is using PUBLIC airwaves to spread propaganda. We're literally paying money to make our neighbors dumber. And that's not right.

but people like u and i and a lot of people on this forum and in the democratic party and elsewhere can still figure it out, right? yes we can.
admittedly, getting rid of the fairness doctrine made it a trifle more difficult to counter that from a purely procedural standpoint, but none the less i don't want a government with the compassion of the internal revenue service, the efficiency of the pentagon procurement agency, or the purity of intention of the equal employment opportunity commission and/or the senate and/or the supreme court to be deciding truth and falsity.
the same government whose drug enforcement and prohibition people have and do arrange for citizens to be poisoned to make some blue nose + gangster point about what they should do with their bodies? whom were put on the trail by people yelling about the "yellow peril" and "schmeckers" and saying that cocaine made african americans immune to .32 calibre bullets and women hot to trot?
and that's the *good* guys and gals -- weren't there two neo-nazi candidates for clowngress and one which was at one point the leading republican running against feinstein in california?
if they cannot keep out of other countries' business and people's bedrooms and cannot keep the health problems we all have from bankrupting a fraction of the population, i wouldn't even trust them with a 30 cent excise tax on television and radio sets . . .
i would also say that twitter and other social media are being used for evil as well, but there is no way they could possibly regulate that, which i suppose is for the better on balance.
mc kenna sucks, but she is often a week or so ahead of the boneheads in state government, sort of like an early warning system . . . even more than limbaugh . . .
Last edited by gozer on Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

you must be joking
Forum God/Goddess

Postby you must be joking » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:05 am

Sore losers?

While you all did make some valid points, sore losers?

Gosh, it's like none of you remember the daily protests at the capitol where people chained themselves to the railing around the rotunda.

Why it's like the whole "recall Walker" thing never happened.

That went on for weeks and weeks.

So a couple of people make a couple of comments about how they think that the Republicans got robbed.

They have the right to their opinion.

Just like the Act 10 protesters.

Just like the recall Walker protesters.

Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beaver » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:38 am

There is a difference. Protesting and recalls are legal rights of citizens, especially when they feel democracy was being violated. Act 10 was passed illegally.

Legislatures saying they are going to take away powers of the Gov because he is not from their party is worse. Seems crooked, not playing fair, and maybe illegal.

If Repub voters want to protest Evers or try a recall they are entitled. Not sure what reason they would have. But Repubs have tried recalls of other politicians so they do it too.

HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:19 am

you must be joking wrote:Sore losers?

Yes, sore losers.

I feel sorry that you can't tell the difference between the legislature passing laws and the citizens exercising their rights.

I have no problem with people making comments that they think the "Republicans got robbed".

It would be a huge FU by Walker if he vetoed the bill they put forward (if they do put a bill forward).

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:22 am

When it comes to the Republicans, YMBJ goes by the motto of anything necessary, since the ends justify the means. He is morally bankrupt.

Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beaver » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:35 am

Speaking of sore losers. Michiganiacs?

Ted Nugent upset that Michigan is turning 'into a California s***hole' after Election Day
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/ted ... 42032.html

“Real God country family Michiganiacs are heartbroke that more of us want the once great state of Michigan to turn into a California s***hole,” he wrote. “Downright insane cultural suicide. Thanks for nothing a**holes.”

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:45 am

there was this film a few years ago where a thief, after his plan started to go pear-shaped, is trying to get in contact with his accomplice so he calls a bar . . . at first, the accomplice does not answer, then the thief asks the bartender to ask for "a fucking waste of life" named so and so, and then the accomplice takes the telephone . . . maybe do that when calling the call-in line for mc kenna . . .

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:55 am

Beaver wrote:Speaking of sore losers. Michiganiacs?

Ted Nugent upset that Michigan is turning 'into a California s***hole' after Election Day
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/ted ... 42032.html

“Real God country family Michiganiacs are heartbroke that more of us want the once great state of Michigan to turn into a California s***hole,” he wrote. “Downright insane cultural suicide. Thanks for nothing a**holes.”

i don't think the needle moved that much ideologically speaking -- michigan is a purple state based on recent events and i think nugent over-reacted . . . plus, who doesn't love california? los angeles has something for everyone, san diego is centrist or very near right, and if the lefties in san francisco, the somewhat mean streets of oakland, or even the remains of centrist tauscherism in the general vicinity aren't to one's liking, there is always orange county . . . one could even go way north like jim jones . . .

elsewhere in the region, rauner's out in illinois . . . another walkerite . . .

Return to “Local Politics & Government”