Nick Hart for mayor

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Nick Hart for mayor

Postby Shorty » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:17 pm

Maybe Soglin was a warm up act for a comedian. Seven candidates already.

Don’t vote for this guy
Comedian Nick Hart’s semi-serious run for mayor
https://isthmus.com/news/news/dont-vote-for-this-guy/

"But he’s running again because he’s still dismayed at how few people vote in local elections. During the last mayoral race in 2015, 22,000 (12 percent of people registered) voted in the primary and 54,247 (29.6 percent) voted in the April general election.

“You can’t be a progressive city and have only like 20 percent of the city vote in local elections. How are we progressive? It’s not even close,” says Hart. “I want to make it more difficult for the status quo to keep going. That’s one reason why I’m running. If I’m going to say people should get involved in politics, I gotta do it, too. Fuck voting. I’m running.”

Hart is one of seven candidates who has filed to run for mayor in 2019. The other declared candidates are former Alds. Brenda Konkel and Satya Rhodes-Conway, Madison racial equity coordinator Toriana Pettaway, River Alliance of Wisconsin executive director Raj Shukla, former Madison school board member Michael Flores, and Ald. Maurice Cheeks. In July, Soglin announced that he would not seek a ninth term in office. So far, Hart is the only candidate who has previously run for the city’s top post. The filing deadline is Jan. 2."

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Nick Hart for mayor

Postby gargantua » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:55 pm

I'm not really crazy about any of the candidates so far. I sure hope it's because I don't know enough about some of them.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:12 am

i am glad to see that they got out the clown car for this -- i am hoping for 30 candidates and a very raucous primary . . .

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:35 am

Nick Hart brings humor, issues to Madison mayor's race
https://madison.com/wsj/news/local/govt ... 3BEF2C94B1

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:06 am

he makes one of the more compelling cases for being in the race to be sure, but will it be enough to make a case for turning soglin out of office? . . . i am having a senior or anticholinergic eaters' moment here -- who was the bartender/comedian who ran back in the glorious election back in the lost world of 1997? . . . ja, i know, bigelow was the joker but i think this guy was a real comedian, maybe even had a union card for it . . . i think hart also ran in 2011 . . .

Return to “Local Politics & Government”