Walker for governor

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Walker for governor

Postby Shorty » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:09 am

He is running, literally.

Walker rides Harley, jogs in new video touting record
http://www.channel3000.com/news/politic ... /640309183

"The video ends with a shot of Walker riding his Harley down the road with him asking the viewer, "Are you with me?"

NO!!

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Walker for governor

Postby Shorty » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:19 am

Gov. Scott Walker kicks off re-election campaign, calls for 'grassroots army'
http://www.channel3000.com/news/politic ... /652309855

"We want a state where everyone shares, everyone shares in our economic prosperity whether you live in a big city or a small town, from one end of the state to the other," Walker said.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:05 pm

I want a state that has a better governor than Walker.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:04 am

social darwinist bikers on acid?

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:40 pm

Koch brothers target Wisconsin senate, governor's races
http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/ ... b0e14.html

"The Koch network’s chief lieutenants renewed their vow this weekend to spend up to $400 million on politics and policy to shape November’s midterm elections nationwide. That’s more than the combined resources spent by the Republican National Committee, the National Rifle Association and the Chamber of Commerce in the 2016 election cycle.

They outlined plans Monday to spend big on political advertising now through the end of July on as many as 14 key Senate races and 15 gubernatorial elections — including those in Wisconsin. Their goal: Flood the airwaves with political messaging early to help shape voters’ opinions long before the election season’s final months.

“We need to be on offense starting now,” said Emily Seidel, CEO of the Kochs’ political arm, Americans for Prosperity. She said the network has already decided to spend money in Senate contests in Wisconsin, Indiana, Missouri and Florida — all seats held by Democrats. They expect to be active in many more. And on governor’s races, they’re targeting Wisconsin, Nevada, Illinois, Michigan and Florida to start. The investment includes $20 million to help sell the recently adopted tax overhaul to a skeptical American public through a series of public rallies, phone banking and paid advertising.

Baldwin’s campaign Monday cited the Koch brothers’ plans and asked supporters for money. “Tammy is a go-to target of special interest groups — already they’ve spent more against her than all of the other Democratic Senators up for reelection combined,” the fundraising letter said. “Now it looks like a lot more cash is going to come flowing into Wisconsin from the Koch network. Tammy doesn’t kowtow to large corporations and millionaires and billionaires, and it’s becoming clear that they’re going to spend whatever it takes to replace her.”"

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:11 am

Pretending to be moderate to keep his job. Don't believe him.

GOP crusader Walker reaches to center in volatile Wisconsin
https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-crusader ... 00304.html

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:52 pm

maybe it is there and i am not hearing about or seeing much of it, but is there an anti-walker faction of the republican party these days? i remember thompson had a very robust anti- faction going by his second run for re-election in 1994, in fact i think both then and in 1998 there were primary challengers for thompson who got extremely good returns on cash spent . . .

. . . and the anti-thompson republicans not only overlapped with several independent and centre-right factions of the democratic party but also were one of the octopus arms in a very workable project to more or less simultaneously take over the dane county republican party, libertarian party, greens, and new progressive party, purge a handful of people from each, take over a couple of neighbourhood associations, the n w p c / dane county, and a couple other organisations, start fighting with john matthews from within his organisation and making noises about the united electrical workers, teamsters, american federation of teachers, u a w, wobblies, national catholic trade union and relevant others . . . and then start in with with chvala and some factions of the dane county democratic party, choose about 40 people to run the whole hairball then activate a brobdignagian joint telephone tree and hold a giant public meeting making it all clear -- a wonderful plan which the events of late 1996-spring 1997 made at least partially obsolete . . . strike whilst the iron is hot, i always say . . .

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:18 pm

I think that there is a segment of the GOP in the Legislature that is tired of supporting his short-sighted fiscal policies whose purpose is to support his reelection.
But, much like the national party and Trump, they feel like they don't have a choice. They get some of what they want with Walker/ Trump. They get bupkes with a Democrat.

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:59 am

Wisconsin's unemployment rate reaches an all-time record low of 2.9 percent
http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/ ... b273b.html

"Wisconsin’s unemployment rate reached 2.9 percent in February, the lowest monthly level in state history, according to the Department of Workforce Development.

The employment milestone provides a boost for Republican Gov. Scott Walker as he runs for a third term in November. When Walker took office in January 2011 the state’s unemployment rate was 8 percent as the country recovered from the worst recession since the Great Depression...

The rate is below the roughly 4 percent level that economists consider full employment — meaning virtually everyone who is willing and able to work is able to find a job. The low rate could also be symptomatic of a worker shortage that companies and Walker have been concerned about in recent years. Low unemployment can also be a sign of a healthy economy that should result in rising wages for workers, though wage growth has been tepid in recent years and negative in the most recent quarter....

“Unemployment is low, but so are wages and Wisconsin is having net out-migration of working age people,” Smeeding said. “That plus our restraints on immigration at the national level have produced a smaller labor force growth than expected (compared to predictions), and despite the rapid growth of high-end jobs in Madison.”

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:18 pm

So this illustrates why giving Foxconn 4.5 billion dollars is so important. We don't need jobs, so let's spend 4.5 billion on something we don't need.
Brilliant!

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:47 am

I hate it when he talks like this. Makes me angry.

Walker accuses Wisconsin Democrats of 'anger and hatred'
https://www.channel3000.com/news/politi ... /727527846

"Democrats say the new line of attack is desperate. Mahlon Mitchell, one of more than a dozen Democratic "gubernatorial candidates, says "Walker is panicked, and he should be." Another Democratic candidate, Matt Flynn, says Walker should instead focus his criticism on Trump, who Flynn says is the one who "specializes in vulgarity and insult."

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:21 am

Well Shorty sometimes the truth hurts. Just look at all the hate from the left on this forum!

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:18 pm

Roy wrote:Well Shorty sometimes the truth hurts. Just look at all the hate from the left on this forum!

It's a little more nuanced than that. I think Walker is an unprincipled self-promoter, and as such, I despise the man. So, if that is hate, then sure. I don't think it is...I don't want him to die or suffer any personal tragedy. I just want him out of office.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:39 pm

the labour force participation rate hasn't recovered as much -- nationwide leading to a de facto unemployment rate of 7½-9 per cent and i would imagine there is a similar semi-surprise lurking in that state figure -- hey walker, where is that economic golden age u seemed to think would result from subduing the teachers & public workers?

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:55 pm

Roy wrote: Just look at all the hate from the left on this forum!

You forgot to add: just look at all the love and kisses from the right-wingers.

Return to “Local Politics & Government”