What did Scott Walker know about Trump/Russia?

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Re: What did Scott Walker know about Trump/Russia?

Postby david cohen » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:58 pm

Chickens coming home to roost folks. Russian Agent attended his POTUS Campaign announcement, posed for photo with him, says he spoke to her IN RUSSIAN, and lord knows what kind of assistance may or may not have been promised. She didn't just show up for beer and cheese curds.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/pol ... 789978002/

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:49 pm

That Russian agent was just indicted as she was preparing to leave the States.

david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:28 pm

I wonder if she met with Robin Vos and the Fitzgeralds as well? All big Walker for POTUS supporters. Maybe now some Wisconsin media will ask the tough questions (if they are allowed to, of course).

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:02 pm

Walker doesn't do press conferences. The reasons are obvious.

david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:41 pm

According to Mueller's indictment of her, she was a fully operational Russian mole working to push the Russian agenda with groups like the NRA in order to get Republicans elected...because the Russians felt that the Republicans would be more amenable to their cause. HOW DID THEY KNOW THAT? And what role did Gov. Walker play? Perhaps he didn't realize she was Russian? No, he spoke to her in Russian. Perhaps his campaign was so inept that they failed to vet her? Possibly. Or perhaps Gov. Walker was open to any assistance possible during his failed POTUS campaign? I think Walker needs to answer to this, in light of today's indictment. Ladies and gentlemen, it's almost campaign ad season:)

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:40 pm

david cohen wrote:because the Russians felt that the Republicans would be more amenable to their cause. HOW DID THEY KNOW THAT?

The same way we would I suppose. Russia is an oligarchy. The US oligarchy uses the Republican party to exercise control over the US. There's a natural affinity there. These people aren't constrained by national boundaries any more. That's 20th century reality that no longer applies. These thieves are global.

david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:58 am

I understand your point Garg...so why would the Russians target Walker? Just casting a wide net in case he got the nod for President or VP? Will be interesting to see if this Russian Agent attended other POTUS campaign events for Walker OR other primary candidates in general.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:26 am

david cohen wrote:According to Mueller's indictment of her...

Slight correction. It wasn't Mueller, but the federal D.A. for Washington, D.C. who indicted her.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:04 pm

david cohen wrote:I understand your point Garg...so why would the Russians target Walker? Just casting a wide net in case he got the nod for President or VP? Will be interesting to see if this Russian Agent attended other POTUS campaign events for Walker OR other primary candidates in general.

The casting a wide net theory is certainly plausible. I suppose there may also be some residual value in being able to influence sitting governors as well.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:29 pm

gargantua wrote:
david cohen wrote:I understand your point Garg...so why would the Russians target Walker? Just casting a wide net in case he got the nod for President or VP? Will be interesting to see if this Russian Agent attended other POTUS campaign events for Walker OR other primary candidates in general.

The casting a wide net theory is certainly plausible. I suppose there may also be some residual value in being able to influence sitting governors as well.

Walker put himself and his state on the national news several times, and that "if I can handle a gazillion protesting old ladies, schoolkids, and firefighters, of course I can handle ISIS and all those other terrorists" quote. He was a right wing darling for quite some time and his name would have certainly come up in any non-collusion conversations between Russian agents and completely oblivious, patriotic upper level Republicans.

Donald
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Donald » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:34 pm

Maria Butina has been linked with Paul Erickson, who is not indicted (yet), but is referred to in the documents. Paul Erickson was involved in Walker's Iowa Presidenial campaign. Paul Erickson is a long-time political operative in various right-wing efforts. Erickson and Butina set up a sketchy company in South Dakota, which may have been a way to launder money from Russia. Some of that money, I think, has been used in various righty causes, conservative christian political outreach, anti-Muslim organizing, etc. Erickson is from South Dakota and has ties to Thune and others. Shit, of course, has hit the fan in SD, with Butina's numerous speaking engagements set up by Republicans in SD, including the Teenage Republican camp. That camp has been overseen by the current Republican candidate for the open Congressional seat. He has been reported to have said he was "duped." Let's just say, Butina gets around to more places than South Dakota, and there are going to be a number of candidates nationwide, who are going to have to admit being "duped," including Walker. Butina may be a bigger clusterfuck for Republicans than Mueller because there are many Republican politicians and movers and shakers who have been photographed with her.

Cornelius Gotchberg
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornelius Gotchberg » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:22 am

Henry Vilas wrote:That Russian agent was just indicted as she was preparing to leave the States.

For what, trying to use Imran Awan's frequent flyer miles?

The Gotch

DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:26 am

Cadfael wrote:He was a right wing darling for quite some time and his name would have certainly come up in any non-collusion conversations between Russian agents and completely oblivious, patriotic upper level Republicans.

Also, he demonstrated a complete willing to abandon any and all principles in favor of political power and money.

Donald
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Donald » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:37 pm

More shit is dropping regarding potential Trump administration collusion with Erickson and Butina, who were under the impression that someone had given "Orders" not to touch Butina and Erickson. A lot of info is being gathered about this in South Dakota because of the company they set up there to launder funds. I go to Dakota Free Press, who gather all the latest and do their own investigative work.

http://dakotafreepress.com/2018/07/18/b ... e/#respond

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:52 pm

Donald wrote: I go to Dakota Free Press, who gather all the latest and do their own investigative work.

http://dakotafreepress.com/2018/07/18/b ... e/#respond

Wow. I waited forever for this to load. It timed out twice but the third time it worked.

I think maybe they're getting a little more traffic than usual today.

I think I'll post one of her shots from the article on her in GQ Russia, 2014:
I wonder how on earth she got any Republicans to collude with her?

Return to “Local Politics & Government”