What did Scott Walker know about Trump/Russia?

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Re: What did Scott Walker know about Trump/Russia?

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:39 pm

Ned doesn't want the media to ask questions of anyone about Trump's connection to Putin.

Because the press is the enemy.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:42 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:Ned doesn't want the media to ask questions of anyone about Trump's connection to Putin.

Because the press is the enemy.
Hmm, why don't they ask about the Uranium One deal? How about the Iran deal with all the secret side agreements? The pallets of currency? Why didn't they dig into this?:

Last edited by Ned Flanders on Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nonyuppie
Forum Addict

Postby nonyuppie » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:43 pm

Roy wrote:
david cohen wrote:...Walker and Priebus were deep in the bowels of the Trump For President campaign and something went down.

Show us your evidence where "something went down" in the Trump campaign directly involving Walker.

Show some evidence that anything unethical went down in the Trump campaign involving Russia. All that has been presented are unsupported allegations from the intelligence community that the Democratic Party and the liberal, self-anointed elites are using to ridicule an insecure, unstable, nuclear-armed nitwit for not being warlike enough.

Which goes to show that there is absolutely no measure so mindbogglingly irresponsible that these people won't stoop to it if they think they can gain some partisan political advantage.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:24 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:
jonnygothispen wrote:It's interesting that Ned doesn't recognize that the corporate media only cuddles corporate candidates. It shows how powerful the level of brainwashing he's been exposed too is.

Agreed. They did a great propping up the Clintons and Obama.

For a Democrat to beat a corporate Republican, they have to be charismatic & very mindful of who pulls the strings: corporations. Hillary only had one of the two.

But with Trump, even the corporate media recognized that he's insane: a narcissistic man-child. So I agree that they propped Hillary up if for nothing else but to avoid whatever catastrophe Trump's impulsive ego might invoke.

But because the media has so dutifully lied to protect corporations, massive wealth-redistribution to-the-top, etal, combined w/voters recognizing that the established system isn't for the people, they often picked the only "anti-establishment" candidate they thought they had... & as it turns out, Trump's the epitome of the greed & destruction Republicans have wrought on America, or wanted too, for decades.

But give the voters some credit. They weren't crazy enough to erect Trump. The EC failed to do its duty & installed him in the same way it did when W lost.

Ironically, it was the corporate media greed that put Trump in position to become SCROTUS in the first place. So you can't even truthfully say that the media was for Hillary as that only happened once they realized what a failure as a human being Trump is, & would be as President.

david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:22 pm

nonyuppie wrote:
Roy wrote:
david cohen wrote:...Walker and Priebus were deep in the bowels of the Trump For President campaign and something went down.

Show us your evidence where "something went down" in the Trump campaign directly involving Walker.

Show some evidence that anything unethical went down in the Trump campaign involving Russia. All that has been presented are unsupported allegations from the intelligence community that the Democratic Party and the liberal, self-anointed elites are using to ridicule an insecure, unstable, nuclear-armed nitwit for not being warlike enough.

Which goes to show that there is absolutely no measure so mindbogglingly irresponsible that these people won't stoop to it if they think they can gain some partisan political advantage.

Why would Priebus try to cover up something that never happened???

david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:23 pm

The proof is still classified...Did Walker know anything or hear anything?

doppel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby doppel » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:22 pm

david cohen wrote:The proof is still classified...Did Walker know anything or hear anything?

Give the man a little credit. Even my dog knows something, and hears anything.

you must be joking
Forum God/Goddess

Postby you must be joking » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:31 am

jman111 wrote:Odd to me that someone who thought the election was rigged beforehand is now happy to accept the results, as long as "that BITCH" lost.

you must be joking wrote:No this election is not rigged. Not at all I tell you.

Yeah Bullshit it's not!

you must be joking wrote:Well we can't count on the vote being true either when the election is rigged.

you must be joking wrote:She will win this election as her henchmen are busy making sure she can't loose.

jman111,

You conveniently left out the part where I showed there WAS evidence in the Project Veritas tapes of people like Bob Creamer, Scott Foval and others trying to rig the election. But the 2016 election does not include all the evidence that there was voter fraud. http://www.projectveritasaction.com/video/veritas-voter-fraud-compilation-voterfraudisreal You also forget the fact that even according to the Huffington Post there are many counties across the United States were there are more registered voters than there are adults. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/reboot-illinois/these-11-illinois-countie_b_8072078.html
You also forget the CBS2 story out of Los Angeles that showed that there were a number of people who were dead and still voting. http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016/11/07/only-on-2-nearly-280-votes-cast-in-2016-primary-by-people-who-are-dead/

So yeah, I showed the evidence. Where's yours?

you must be joking
Forum God/Goddess

Postby you must be joking » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:47 am

david cohen wrote:
you must be joking wrote:
david cohen wrote:I haven't seen anything linking our Governor to this mess, YET, but I was pondering this question today. Walker clearly was a Trump supporter from July 2016 forward, and as a GOP Governor, was probably privy to the upper echelon of advisors like Reince Priebus, who was the GOP Chief in Wisconsin that helped Walker get elected, survive the recall, and then get re-elected....why have no Wisconsin reporters asked this very germane question of our Governor?

david,

WOW, talk about guilt by association. Where's a tin foil hat when you need one. Jeez I think we need Mulder and Scully on this one; whaddya think?

And remember...... Right up till the election it was the Democrats that said there was NO such thing as voter fraud, there was no way to rig an election. That to question the results of the election was tatamount to being UN-AMERICAN!

So you want to continue to think that somehow Russia stole the election. Better yet, now your saying that maybe Walker had something to do with it. Gosh, maybe you can get Chisholm and company to look into it. Maybe you can somehow resurrect the old GAB and have them launch another John Doe investigation. Hell, maybe you should ask little green men from outer space to help.

You want to continue to question the results of the election. Here's the simple answer for you:

YOU LOST! GET OVER IT!

Seriously, get a grip. I simply asked why no reporters have asked Walker if he knew anything about the Russian connection. It's both relevant and important for voters to know if he had ANY complicity in this.

David,

Again, guilt by association.

You know, why stop there. Let's question Paul Ryan to see what he knew. After all as Speaker of the House and from Wisconsin he could be hiding something as well. But wait... don't stop there. Question Senators Johnson and Sensenbrenner. And even then, let's go after all the other Republicans in national office that are from Wisconsin. Let's question them all!

So where does this end?

I'm still thinking that the smoking man knows how the Russians did it.

After all, the Russians rigged the Oscars, (Rocky and Bullwinkle were out of town so Putin and the KGB got them to sub Boris and Natasha to fill the envelopes.) so it could be that they also rigged the election.

Could be. Could be.

One never knows.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:14 am

The electronic theft that Republicans specialize in sways elections.

Individual voter fraud doesn't.
Hence the right-wing obsession w/the molehill instead of the mountain.

Same thing goes with their obsession of blaming 10s of billions spent on the poor for the trillions spent on corporate welfare.

Likewise with their bogus investigations of Benghazi, emails, Clinton's cock, etc feigning concern to take the spotlight off their far more egregious acts like lying to start wars, gassing & poisoning Americans for corporate profits (so accepted that it doesn't even register on their radar as something horrendously wrong), accelerating global warming for campaign donations, deregulation of food & drug testing laws/workplace protections/new medical device testing, etal.

Killing people for profit. It's who they are, & surprising that they aren't called out more for it. If the press was really liberal & not corporate...

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:08 am

jonnygothispen wrote:The electronic theft that Republicans specialize in sways elections.

There is no election fraud. Just ask any Democrat.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:29 am

Roy wrote:
jonnygothispen wrote:The electronic theft that Republicans specialize in sways elections.

Roy, you are either deliberately misquoting or not quite awake yet. VOTER fraud, which is people pretending to be someone else, is easy to catch, complicated, expensive, and ineffective unless you have busloads of trustworthy pretenders with fake identification.

Election fraud which is manipulation of the count through managerial and/or electronic processes, requires only a few people in key positions, is much less complicated, costs less in money and time, and is much more easily targeted to districts where it will be most effective.

PaleoLiberal
Forum God/Goddess

Postby PaleoLiberal » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:22 am

Cadfael wrote:
Roy wrote:

Roy, you are either deliberately misquoting or not quite awake yet. VOTER fraud, which is people pretending to be someone else, is easy to catch, complicated, expensive, and ineffective unless you have busloads of trustworthy pretenders with fake identification.

Election fraud which is manipulation of the count through managerial and/or electronic processes, requires only a few people in key positions, is much less complicated, costs less in money and time, and is much more easily targeted to districts where it will be most effective.

But the GOP talking points are so much easier to parrot.

DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:44 am

doppel wrote:
david cohen wrote:The proof is still classified...Did Walker know anything or hear anything?

Bannon strikes me as the kind of guy who runs everything on a need-to-know basis. I doubt he trusted Walker with any important information that was not directly relevant to winning WI.

david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:24 pm

DCB wrote:
doppel wrote:

Bannon strikes me as the kind of guy who runs everything on a need-to-know basis. I doubt he trusted Walker with any important information that was not directly relevant to winning WI.

I don't think Gov. Walker was ever entrusted by the Trump team, but his extremely close relationship with Priebus and the fact that he spent a lot of time helping the Trump campaign makes him a potential source of information for investigators. The job of journalists is to ask questions, however mundane or seemingly far-fetched, to put our public servants ON THE RECORD. That way, 18 months from now, should Gov. Walker's name surface in investigatory documents, we know if he told US the truth. It's pretty simple. Run of the mill folks like Sen. Johnson and Congressman Sensenbrenner simply didn't have the access that Walker had. It could be as simple as "did you, in your capacity as Governor or in any capacity, ever hear anyone associated with Mr. Trump mention contact with any party in Russia or any intermediary of any party in Russia?" Simple yes or no answer.

Remember, Watergate started with a very tiny drip and ended with a massive shower. Alas, Wisconsin isn't a hotbed of investigative journalism these days, so I'm not holding my breath that our local news gatherers will ask the Governor- or, as Henry validly points out, there isn't a likely opportunity to ever ask since the Governor never meets the press.

Return to “Local Politics & Government”