What did Scott Walker know about Trump/Russia?

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Re: What did Scott Walker know about Trump/Russia?

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:08 pm

Erikson was a consultant on Red Sparrow. How ironic or at least prescient.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:11 pm

Yikes! It was Red Scorpion, not Red Sparrow, so never mind.

My apologies to Dolph Lundgren.

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:02 am

jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:34 pm

As the investigations continue and various indictments, plea agreements and sentences are announced, it's interesting to see these early denials and logic-defying justifications for the now-apparent criminal activities committed by the Trump team(s) and associates.

Some examples (my emphases):

you must be joking wrote:
david cohen wrote:
Roy wrote:It has also been dismissed by all but a few media outlets. There is no there there.

That's a total lie. Fox, NBC, CNN, The Washington Post, The NY Times, The LA Times, ABC, CBS and Bloomberg haven't dismissed any of this.

Okay david lets be serious about this.

When our national security people intercepted Mike Flynn's phone call to the Russian Ambassador did they or the FBI who did a follow up investigation say that Mike Flynn ever break the law by promising anything in the way of removing sanctions?

Or did he just call and ask the Ambassador if he wanted to buy some Girl Scout cookies from Mike Flynn's nice (sic)?

I mean come on, really, let's not put the cart before the horse. Do you have any evidence that Mike Flynn broke the law?

Does anyone have any evidence that Mike Flynn broke the law?

If you don't have any evidence to show that Mike Flynn broke the law then why insinuate by association that President Trump or Scott Walker had anything to do with breaking the law?

Now that Flynn's crime(s) have been confirmed, is there something there? Is it time to look at Trump's and Walker's potential involvement? Or have the criteria now changed? (he asked, rhetorically, knowing full well what answer the blind allegiance dictates)

david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:00 pm

I was serious then...and I still am. The breadth of this investigation continues to grow, Mueller obviously has most if not all the details, and Scott Walker could certainly have some exposure. Will it be criminal? We'll see what happens when Butina's plea deal and statements are made public....unless, of course, Mueller keeps things under wraps via redaction etc.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:20 pm

While I wouldn't trust Scott Walker any farther than I could throw him, his history shows he's mainly motivated by money from donors. I think the reason he was making nice to Maria Butina had to do with money from pro gun sources, most likely the NRA. He wanted to portray himself as a fan and figured being photographed with gun-girl couldn't hurt.

If the source of the money (NRA or other) he was trying to attract was Russia -- well, that's not impossible but we don't have the evidence yet. And Walker doesn't have much leverage over foreign policy in the real world. I think the the picture was taken back when he still thought he was in the running for President, a project he totally failed at. Maria Butina probably quit taking his calls about that time.

Nothing is too outlandish to consider these days, but so far there's no evidence to go on. Doesn't mean there isn't any.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:31 pm

Butina admitted to working with an American political operative and under the direction of a former Russian senator and deputy governor of Russia’s central bank to forge bonds with officials at the National Rifle Association, conservative leaders, and 2016 U.S. presidential candidates, including Donald Trump, whose rise to the Oval Office she presciently predicted to her Russian contact.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/le ... a50e31719e

Pretty much what we expected. Butina was trying to make connections with US conservatives leveraging her links with gun rights issues. The intent was to influence American politics favorably with regard to Russia. Walker was an obvious target at the time.

The article doesn't mention him though.

Butina has agreed to cooperate.

Return to “Local Politics & Government”