The new DNR priorities

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Re: The new DNR priorities

Postby jonnygothispen » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:08 pm

http://urbanmilwaukee.com/2016/12/26/op ... ange-info/

"DNR Censors All Climate Change Info"
Long stated facts, scientific consensus on climate change and Great Lakes removed.

Not content with having already stripped content and links from an agency webpage about climate change... the ideologues intent on scrubbing science off these pages and sowing doubt and confusion about the consensus view of experts worldwide about climate change have edited, deleted and otherwise compressed information in order to whitewash long-standing concepts and facts off a climate change page about the Great Lakes...

It’s a continuation of Walker’s deliberate destruction of the DNR –

DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:38 pm

Its worth noting that they didn't just delete the old text discussing climate change. They replace with some argle-bargle nonsense - which I think is much worse.
As it has done throughout the centuries, the earth going through a change.
-its natural, just like menopause!
The reasons for this change at this particular time are being debated
Its a mystery!

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:03 pm

Both statements are entirely true, and accepted by science in general. What is your problem?

BobbyB
Forum Addict

Postby BobbyB » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:10 pm

Roy wrote:

Both statements are entirely true, and accepted by science in general. What is your problem?

It is the disingenuous nature of those statements, you goddamn moron. Here. I'll give an example:

As far as I know, Roy has not been arrested for peeping through anyone's bathroom window in at least a week.

That statement is true, right?

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:12 pm

BobbyB wrote:
Roy wrote:

It is the disingenuous nature of those statements, you goddamn moron. Here. I'll give an example:

As far as I know, Roy has not been arrested for peeping through anyone's bathroom window in at least a week.

That statement is true, right?

Fuck off, then get informed you genuine Troll. They are genuine facts, nothing disingenuous about either of them.

BobbyB
Forum Addict

Postby BobbyB » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:16 pm

Roy wrote:Fuck off, then get informed you genuine Troll. They are genuine facts, nothing disingenuous about either of them.

Another well-reasoned response! Here's another fact:

Roy has not kidnapped anyone in the last month.

Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beaver » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:01 am

UW faculty challenge DNR climate change revisions
http://www.channel3000.com/news/uw-facu ... /257693776

"A group of University of Wisconsin-Madison professors are ripping the state Department of Natural Resources for scrubbing language from its website that declared human activity is causing climate change...Seven UW-Madison climate, zoology and ecology professors released a column Monday saying the new language incorrectly implies climate change is mysterious when it's clearly caused by greenhouse gases produced by burning fossil fuels."

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:18 am

Plan to split up the DNR

A group of former Department of Natural Resources secretaries are urging Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker and legislators to reject a proposal to divide the agency and spread its responsibilities across state government.

Republican Rep. Adam Jarchow has proposed splitting the DNR into a new Department of Fish and Wildlife and a new Department of Environmental Protection. Three existing agencies would assume forestry, park and land acquisition duties.

The former secretaries sent a letter Tuesday to Walker and legislators warning the move would confuse the public, create a coordination nightmare and a number of new supervisors that would need compensation, force environmental groups and outdoor clubs to deal with five agencies rather than one.

Divide and conquer.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:18 am

jonnygothispen wrote:http://urbanmilwaukee.com/2016/12/26/op-ed-dnr-censors-all-climate-change-info/

"DNR Censors All Climate Change Info"
Long stated facts, scientific consensus on climate change and Great Lakes removed.

Not content with having already stripped content and links from an agency webpage about climate change... the ideologues intent on scrubbing science off these pages and sowing doubt and confusion about the consensus view of experts worldwide about climate change have edited, deleted and otherwise compressed information in order to whitewash long-standing concepts and facts off a climate change page about the Great Lakes...

It’s a continuation of Walker’s deliberate destruction of the DNR –

It's isn't just the DNR that is censoring climate change information.

PSC removed climate change language from website

State utility regulators removed climate change language from their website months before environmental officials altered global warming language on their own site.

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported Friday that the Public Service Commission eliminated a web page about global warming sometime after May 1 of last year. The Department of Natural Resources removed language from its website last month that stated human activity is causing climate change. Republicans control both agencies.

The PSC's global warming page described ways to decrease greenhouse gas emissions and linked to Gov. Jim Doyle's global warming task force report. The DNR has removed that report from its site.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:28 am

Roy wrote:

Well, no. Not in the way you imply at all.

Odd that you believe scientists who don't specialize in climate change because they support your right-wing, talk-show host opinion, but you discount the research of the vast majority of actual climate scientists, don't you think?

Don't bother replying. Just think about it for a change. Thank you...

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:56 am

jonnygothispen wrote:Don't bother replying. Just think about it for a change. Thank you...

Won't bother, I just consider your nonsense.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:18 pm

I'm not one of the 97% of climate change scientists who say man is contributing to global warming, or part of the 85% of climate scientists who say man's contribution is significant. You'll have to address them, Roy.

I just believe the people who study it, not those who make me "feel good" like you do.

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:12 pm

jonnygothispen wrote:I'm not one of the 97% of climate change scientists who say man is contributing to global warming, or part of the 85% of climate scientists who say man's contribution is significant. You'll have to address them, Roy.

I just believe the people who study it, not those who make me "feel good" like you do.

You are not only projecting, but a bald faced liar.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:10 pm

How so, Roy?

Actually, I'm rebuilding my vast collection of bookshelf speakers, but no other projecting until spring.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:12 pm

Wisconsin state officials announced Tuesday that the federal government has approved their request to postpone tough, new water pollution standards.

The decision will allow manufacturers and sewage plants more time and additional options before they must make costly improvements to reduce their discharges of phosphorus, which contributes to weed and algae growth that has impaired hundreds of lakes and streams.
Nearly ten years ago, the state was among the first in the nation to adopt specific, measurable standards for the amount of phosphorous that could be released into state waters.

But businesses complained, and in 2014 the state enacted a law changing how and when the changes would be implemented.

What's a delay of a few more years?

Return to “Local Politics & Government”