Sore losers

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.
massimo
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Sore losers

Postby massimo » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:03 pm

HawkHead wrote:It would be a huge FU by Walker if he vetoed the bill they put forward (if they do put a bill forward).

Sounds tasty, but why would you think Walker would be motivated to deliver a FU to the legislature?

HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:07 pm

massimo wrote:
HawkHead wrote:It would be a huge FU by Walker if he vetoed the bill they put forward (if they do put a bill forward).

Sounds tasty, but why would you think Walker would be motivated to deliver a FU to the legislature?

Because of the budget issues last year.

massimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby massimo » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:27 pm

I see. But I also see it being much more likely that team R would pull together in the interest of fucking over the incoming D governor (and, Bonus!, triggering a bunch of snowflake dems in the process) than Walker taking any kind of parting shots on his way out. As much as I'd love to see the latter.

david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:53 pm

If Vos and Fitz do this and if Walker signs it, I hope AG Kaul will reopen the legislative aspects of the John Doe investigation. That might slow down fat boy and Vos for a hot minute or three.

HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:04 pm

massimo wrote:I see. But I also see it being much more likely that team R would pull together in the interest of fucking over the incoming D governor (and, Bonus!, triggering a bunch of snowflake dems in the process) than Walker taking any kind of parting shots on his way out. As much as I'd love to see the latter.

I don’t see it happening. Just a random thought off the top of my head.

HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:05 pm

david cohen wrote:If Vos and Fitz do this and if Walker signs it, I hope AG Kaul will reopen the legislative aspects of the John Doe investigation. That might slow down fat boy and Vos for a hot minute or three.

Doe is dead. Nothing left to do. Law was changed after the fact anyways.

Return to “Local Politics & Government”