_The Bodyguard_ on Netflix

How can cultural elitists like ourselves put TV in the Culture category? Well, where the hell else is it going to fit?
universitylad
Forum God/Goddess

_The Bodyguard_ on Netflix

Postby universitylad » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:37 pm

Anyone else keen on this BBC mini-series recently released on Netflix?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7493974/

Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Re: _The Bodyguard_ on Netflix

Postby Ducatista » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:05 pm

The first third of the first episode drove me nuts because I knew I knew Budd's voice, but couldn't place it. Once realized it was Robb Stark I could relax and get into it. The Nadia scene was incredibly stressful, in a good way.

john_titor
Forum God/Goddess

Re: _The Bodyguard_ on Netflix

Postby john_titor » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:48 am

I finished it up last week. I really like his accent. Huh, he is that guy? I would have never in a million years guessed. I liked all of the characters come to think of it.
I fell asleep and then when I went back the next day and hit play it was the middle of the last episode, so spoilers. A few things seemed a bit out of reach and some of the dialogue stilted and forced, but overall yes.

p.s. "Bodyguard star Richard Madden, 32, reveals he's in talks for 'anxiety-packed' second series of gripping BBC drama" "It is the show that shattered records to become the biggest BBC drama in a decade." "More than 10.4million people were glued to their TV screens...the show finale."

Return to “TV”