Spectrum vs TDS

How can cultural elitists like ourselves put TV in the Culture category? Well, where the hell else is it going to fit?
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Spectrum vs TDS

Postby gargantua » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:22 pm

I think the whole industry's pricing structure is based on, we'll make you call us so we can talk you into the priciest arrangement possible.
I remember a time when politicians enacted laws to ensure transparent pricing, easily accessible, to protect consumers. Today, the laws protect the industry's right to gouge consumers. It will only get worse, hard as that is to imagine.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:38 pm

Bwis53 wrote:Don't know what you watch on HBO, but I watch Bill Maher on You Tube. You might want to check there. And you may also want check Amazon Prime.

We have Prime, and Netflix. And Acorn. We're thinking of cutting the cord but the biggest thing stopping us is that we don't like watching anything with a computer screen interface. We hate using a cursor to click on stuff to start and stop the recording and we hate having a keyboard in front of us all the time while we watch TV.

If anybody knows of an app that can make a computer interface a TV remote so we can change channels and basically make it behave like a DVR, we'll begin making the transition.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:00 pm

TDS leased AT&T phone lines in Madison. When AT&T raised their rates a few years back, TDS dropped residental service in town.

Paleo2
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Paleo2 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:21 am

1. I don't get cable. Only basic internet and phone. I've used Uverse and Spectrum, and neither are great, but Spectrum is usually cheaper, so I use Spectrum. I very briefly had cable with Uverse, because at one point it was cheaper to have cable than not have cable, but I grew to hate cable TV very quickly. Hey, it means I didn't get to see the Packers get thrashed by the Lions last night. Boo hoo.

2. I briefly worked at TDS. That gives me a very strong bias against TDS, so I cannot possibly be objective.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:33 am

Charter, aka Spectrum, recently instituted one of their periodic price increases, with the claim that they are also improving services. So what did I get in the mail earlier this week, a notification that they are dropping the various Cinemax channels from the silver package. But if I subscribe (at an additional cost) I could buy it back.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:18 pm

It's bad enough that they're taking it away. Their letter stated that they periodically "change" their services. So they insult their subscribers' intelligence in the bargain. We know that you're taking something away, assholes.

Dust Mite Rodeo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dust Mite Rodeo » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:16 pm

Tedious (their contracted lackeys with a ditch-witch slant drilling machine anyways) dug up all the terraces on my block running fiber optic cable from somewhere to somewhere else. Do they now offer high-speed internet and/or digital TV to prospective customers on my block? No they do not. Did they do a right shitty job fixing the lawns? Yes they did.

Return to “TV”