Spectrum vs TDS

How can cultural elitists like ourselves put TV in the Culture category? Well, where the hell else is it going to fit?
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Spectrum vs TDS

Postby Shorty » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:23 am

Time for another Spectrum vs TDS discussion. The last few months my Spectrum tv service has had blurry pixels on some channels at times. Comes and go's but lately it's a problem again. A friend has had similar problems. Just wondering if this problem is wide spread in Madison area? And is TDS TV having similar problems?

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Spectrum vs TDS

Postby gargantua » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:40 am

I've experienced the same issue with our Spectrum service.

Roy
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Roy » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:51 am

Must be Madison, it has been ok in Janesville.

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:03 pm

Thanks I reset my cable box and picture is good...for now.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:51 pm

It's been very intermittent for me. No issues today, yesterday, a few instances of pixilation and interrupted sound. It's been a periodic minor irritant.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:11 pm

What does the TDS full bundle cost? With the DVR. Four channel DVR.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:26 pm

That must have been a tough one to answer.

Edit: I just got offline with a TDS chat. After a few minutes of her attempting to get our complete address and me saying no, you can't add us to your junk mail lists, sorry, she finally admitted that TDS doesn't serve the east side yet.

So we live with a two channel DVR and pixelation at random times. First world problems.
Last edited by Cadfael on Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:08 pm

It is a tough one to answer. Depends what tv channels you want, which phone service, what speed internet, etc.

What is a Four channel DVR? It only records 4 channels?

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:22 pm

Shorty wrote:It is a tough one to answer. Depends what tv channels you want, which phone service, what speed internet, etc.

What is a Four channel DVR? It only records 4 channels?

Shorty, do you understand what "full bundle" means?

How about you picking a package that you'd like, and then telling us what that costs?

I'm not going to answer your other question till you give me a sample quote on any package TDS provides. You choose which one. Then I'll answer your DVR question. I promise.

Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ducatista » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:57 pm

We've had Charter/Spectrum cable & DVR for years. We liked it fine... until we found out that Charter Spectrum doesn't offer HBO Go for Apple TV. Fuck that. (Time Warner Spectrum and Bright House Spectrum DO offer it, fat lot of good that does us.)

We'll keep Spectrum Internet for sure, and MAYBE basic cable + DVR (2-channel — Shorty, I'm guessing it's how many channels you can record simultaneously), but we'll likely jettison anything beyond the lowest-level channel package.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:11 pm

Ducatista wrote:Shorty, I'm guessing it's how many channels you can record simultaneously),

Aw, man.

Now he's never gonna tell me how much any of the bundles cost.

Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ducatista » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:18 pm

Cadfael wrote:Now he's never gonna tell me how much any of the bundles cost.

Ha, SORRY!!!

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:03 pm

Thanks Duc.
Cadfael wrote:Shorty, do you understand what "full bundle" means?

How about you picking a package that you'd like, and then telling us what that costs?

Maybe I don't. But it's not important to me. I'm not going to scroll thru their pages and pick a bundle. You can do that to find out what it would cost if you move to a TDS area.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:17 pm

Shorty wrote:Thanks Duc.
Cadfael wrote:Shorty, do you understand what "full bundle" means?

Maybe I don't. But it's not important to me. I'm not going to scroll thru their pages and pick a bundle. You can do that to find out what it would cost if you move to a TDS area.

They don't post prices on their website.

Okay, so you don't know, and you don't know anyone who's got TDS. Thank you, that was helpful.

Then I realized I had only been checking my neighborhood, and figured well, if they didn't serve the east side, they probably did serve the west. So I went to Zillow and got a few addresses. All of them came back with "That address is not in our database. If it's new construction, call us."

So screw it. I don't believe TDS is doing cable TV in Madison at all, they're just pretending until they can get a foot in the door. Spectrum and Uverse is all there is.

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:45 pm

Don't know what you watch on HBO, but I watch Bill Maher on You Tube. You might want to check there. And you may also want check Amazon Prime.

Return to “TV”