Stranger Things

How can cultural elitists like ourselves put TV in the Culture category? Well, where the hell else is it going to fit?
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Stranger Things

Postby Ned Flanders » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:03 am

Just starting watching on Netflix this weekend. Great 80s period piece and interesting story line.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Stranger Things

Postby Cadfael » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:13 am

Yeah and Trump is an idiot and the country is rudderless except for all the white supremacists, public school haters, and rich people systematically removing all obstacles to monopoly and product safety.

Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ducatista » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:16 am

^^^ WTF is that?

LOVED Stranger Things, can't wait for Season 2 (but I'll have to, till Halloween, booooo). Winona was a little weepy for my taste, but her kid had disappeared so I suppose she gets a pass.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:35 am

Ducatista wrote:^^^ WTF is that?

LOVED Stranger Things, can't wait for Season 2 (but I'll have to, till Halloween, booooo). Winona was a little weepy for my taste, but her kid had disappeared so I suppose she gets a pass.

That's a "strange" post. Hang in there Cad. Only 7 years and 11 months to go.

I read about some of the work the Duffer Brothers did in researching, casting and scripting the show and it really shows. I see lots of Stephen King in the episodes. Not sure where they found all those late 70s/early 80s cars. Awesome soundtrack.

Agreed on having to wait until October for season #2. Not fun or funny.Those kids will be adults by then.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:39 am

Sorry. I don't' suffer fools very well any more, especially when they're pretending to be normal.

Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ducatista » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:41 am

Ned Flanders wrote:I read about some of the work the Duffer Brothers did in researching, casting and scripting the show and it really shows. I see lots of Stephen King in the episodes. Not sure where they found all those late 70s/early 80s cars. Awesome soundtrack.

They had me at the title graphic. Talk about Stephen King...

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:45 am

Cadfael wrote:Sorry. I don't' suffer fools very well any more, especially when they're pretending to be normal.

Awww. Poor snowflake.

I'd give this show a try if I were you. I'm not sure if your AFDC card covers Netflix, but it might relive your stress for a few minutes. It takes place in the early 80s when Trump was a Democrat and CNN wasn't fake news.

Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beaver » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:47 am

Ahh the good ol' days.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:47 am

Ducatista wrote:
Ned Flanders wrote:I read about some of the work the Duffer Brothers did in researching, casting and scripting the show and it really shows. I see lots of Stephen King in the episodes. Not sure where they found all those late 70s/early 80s cars. Awesome soundtrack.

They had me at the title graphic. Talk about Stephen King...

The main plot borrows a lot from King's Fire-Starter too.

JustinSmusha

Postby JustinSmusha » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:37 pm

Cadfael wrote:Yeah and Trump is an idiot and the country is rudderless except for all the white supremacists, public school haters, and rich people systematically removing all obstacles to monopoly and product safety.

I'm laughing so hard that this was the first thing I saw in a "Stranger Things" thread.

I loved the character development on the show. A bunch of kids getting that much personality was great to see. At least one of them is bound to do something great after the show. Also never knew the girl had a British accent, quite interesting.
Last edited by JustinSmusha on Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:29 pm

JustinSmusha wrote:
Cadfael wrote:Yeah and Trump is an idiot and the country is rudderless except for all the white supremacists, public school haters, and rich people systematically removing all obstacles to monopoly and product safety.

I'm laughing so hard that this was the first thing I saw in a "Stranger Things" thread.

I loved the character development on the show. A bunch of kids getting that much personality was great to see. At least one of them is bound to do something great after the show. Also never knew the girl had a British accent, quite interesting.

Cad has the sads.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:11 am

Ned Flanders wrote:
JustinSmusha wrote:

Cad has the sads.

Fortunately, it was unjustified. We are now on the right track and the country is safe, health care is abundant and accessible, and our retirement money is earning huge returns.

Let's watch TV.

Eian Mcneely

Postby Eian Mcneely » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:08 am

Awesome Retro style mystery drama waiting for season 2

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:19 pm

I want to see that thing about that mysterious object that suddenly appeared above that bog. You know, that one that sizzled when you slapped that green bug that landed on your head, and then you were stunned for a few seconds. Then, you saw it. Anyway, when it gets to Market Square, I want to see it. And I'm sneaking in my own microwave popcorn and a flask of Jameson's. That's how I roll. And I won't spoil it for you neither. You don't want to know what happens to Roy. What happens between him and Flanders is none of our business. I almost spit out my drink, but hey, Jameson's. And I choked on my popcorn during the john fart isahenry scene. I did not know smellovision was a thing. But I just realized that I did see it. So what I meant is I want to UNSEE it. But you totally like, should.

Return to “TV”