Charter TV out, panic ensuing

How can cultural elitists like ourselves put TV in the Culture category? Well, where the hell else is it going to fit?
Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Charter TV out, panic ensuing

Postby Beaver » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:12 pm

My Charter TV has been out all day. They said it's an area outage from a car crash on the beltline this morning. Not sure what I will do tonight. What did people do for fun before TV? Read? Listen to radio? If it is still out Sunday, will there be street riots of angry mobs?

fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Charter TV out, panic ensuing

Postby fennel » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:25 pm

Oh, that was me. Sorry!
Last edited by fennel on Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:02 pm

You got no hobbies? Go out to the movies. Rent for your DVR. (Go to 4-Star) Get to the library before they close. Go out to eat. Check your list and shop. Get some exercise. Shower or bubble bath, style your hair, fix your nails. Check the Isthmus entertainment ads! Visit Olbrich Gardens.

fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:04 pm

Last edited by fennel on Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:07 pm

Loot and burn, my friend. That'll teach 'em!

Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beaver » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:42 pm

I went to Best Buy to buy an antenna so at least I could watch broadbast tv. When I got home I turned on the tv and Charter cable is working now. Phew! Crisis over.

Bwis53 wrote:You got no hobbies? Go out to the movies. Rent for your DVR. (Go to 4-Star) Get to the library before they close. Go out to eat. Check your list and shop. Get some exercise. Shower or bubble bath, style your hair, fix your nails. Check the Isthmus entertainment ads! Visit Olbrich Gardens.

Good advice. Yes having tv out for days would be a blessing in disguise and force me to do better activities. Just so you know, I'm male so "bubble bath, style your hair, fix your nails" aren't for me. Well, now that I think about it, those do sound fun.

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:49 pm

Men should pamper themselves also! It's good for your mind and your behind. Put some Nivea for men on your list, or buy Olay and don't tell, or do tell. Get a massage. Be good and healthy to yourself and you will be good for others.

I don't have cable. But I have to admit that when I take my mac to the shop, I pull out the spare.

Michael Patrick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Michael Patrick » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:16 am

I could deal with the TV being out, but our phone and internet were out as well. TV came back on mid-morning, but we didn't get the phone and internet back until 5:00 or so.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:35 am

When cable was down, at least Charter subscribers didn't have to watch those annoying ads where Charter claims that it out preforms satellite service.

PaleoLiberal
Forum God/Goddess

Postby PaleoLiberal » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:55 am

The only time in the past 30 years I've had cable was a 1 or 2 month trial. Ended the cable at the end of it. Broadcast TV is usually good enough. The only time it wasn't was in NYC right after 9/11/2001, when almost all of the TV stations went off the air for a while.

Return to “TV”