The Gatekeepers: How the White House Chiefs of Staff Define Every Presidency

What books, zines or other pulp are you reading? What aren't you reading? What should everyone else read?
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

The Gatekeepers: How the White House Chiefs of Staff Define Every Presidency

Postby Shorty » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:01 pm

New book by Chris Whipple.

Reince Priebus opens up about working in the Trump White House in newly updated book
http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/ ... 3BEF2C94B1

'Well, we just got a special counsel, and (Attorney General Jeff) Sessions just resigned.' I said, 'What!? What the hell are you talking about?'?" Priebus, who grew up in Kenosha, attended UW-Whitewater and was previously chairman of the Republican Party of Wisconsin, said he dashed out to the White House parking lot to coax Sessions back into the White House.

Priebus continued: "I said, 'You cannot resign. It's not possible. We are going to talk about this right now.' So I dragged him back up to my office from the car. (Vice President Mike) Pence and (presidential adviser Steve) Bannon came in, and we started talking to him to the point where he decided that he would not resign right then and he would instead think about it."...

"The team would give the president five or six tweets every day to choose from," said Priebus, "and some of them would really push the envelope. The idea would be at least they would be tweets that we could see and understand and control. But that didn't allow the president to be fully in control of his own voice. Everybody tried at different times to cool down the Twitter habit — but no one could do it."

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Re: The Gatekeepers: How the White House Chiefs of Staff Define Every Presidency

Postby gargantua » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:10 pm

I hate to sound like a broken record, but this is another striking example of everyone needing to treat Trump the way that one treats a young child.

Return to “Books”