Joe Biden’s American Promise Tour

What books, zines or other pulp are you reading? What aren't you reading? What should everyone else read?
Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Joe Biden’s American Promise Tour

Postby Beaver » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:17 am

Joe coming here Dec 10 to promote his book. I don't see much Madison details yet, but I'm including a link to the Dec 9 event in Minneapolis in case Ned wants to go, or in case some of you want to see him twice.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/ ... 9d179.html

"Biden, cited as a possible Democratic presidential contender in 2020, is conducting a 19-city “American Promise Tour.” It’s scheduled to bring Biden to the Orpheum Theatre on Dec. 10. The tour is promoting Biden’s memoir, “Promise Me, Dad: A Year of Hope, Hardship, and Purpose,” due out Nov. 14."

https://hennepintheatretrust.org/events ... s-mn-2017/
Saturday, December 9 at 8:00 pm
Orpheum Theatre in Minn

"VIP Packages ($325) Include: Includes meet & greet and photo opportunity with Vice President Biden (post show)
Signed copy of Vice President Joe Biden’s new book PROMISE ME, DAD
Reserved premium ticket within the first 5 rows

Joe Biden has always believed that when given a chance, ordinary people can do extraordinary things. As a scrappy kid from Scranton who rose to the Office of Vice President, he is no exception. During his 45 years of public service, one of Biden’s greatest strengths has been his ability to bring people together, even in crisis, even across difficult divides, all the while, respecting everybody at the table. This fall, Joe Biden will travel the nation for his American Promise</strong Tour, a series of conversations that will go beyond the 24-hour news cycle and 140-character arguments to connect friends and neighbors around the topics that matter most. Biden will reveal the big political moments of his career, the life-altering choices he made, and the key traits that have helped him persevere through challenges. He will share how the loss of his son Beau tested his resolve, and how he is finding new purpose in a time of uncertainty.

Each ticket includes a copy of Joe Biden’s forthcoming memoir, Promise Me, Dad: A Year of Hope, Hardship, and Purpose (a $27 value, on sale November 14 from Flatiron Books)."

doppel
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Joe Biden’s American Promise Tour

Postby doppel » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:37 am

Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ducatista » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:07 pm

Thanks for the tip, Beav! Booked meet & greet tickets this morning, 2nd row center. Sweet.

Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beaver » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:10 pm

Hope you enjoy it. Madison or Minn?

mifflander
Forum Addict

Postby mifflander » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:00 pm

Beaver wrote:"Biden, cited as a possible Democratic presidential contender in 2020"

Cited by who I keep wondering. Has Biden himself said this? I wish people would stop dreaming he's a real option in 2020.

FFS, on the first Tuesday of November 2020 Biden will be a few weeks shy of his 78th birthday.

He will be 80 half way through his first term. He is not a viable candidate.

Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ducatista » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:22 pm

Beaver wrote:Hope you enjoy it. Madison or Minn?

Madison. I loved his Fresh Air interview last month, am sure I'll enjoy seeing him in person.

Return to “Books”