not the best exchange rate, but. . .

We want to hear about your adventures, be they from Istanbul, Ixtapa or Ixonia. And hey, you might even find someone you can sell your extra Euros to.
gozer
Forum God/Goddess

not the best exchange rate, but. . .

Postby gozer » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:20 am

yesterday was the second time in five or six weeks that i have received a moroccan 1 dirham piece in change (they are similar in size and general colour to the united states quarter dollar); in this case a coin from anno hegirae 1423 at the woodman's on the west side of madison . . . the first case was culvers . . . .

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Re: not the best exchange rate, but. . .

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:33 am

Once I got a roll of dollar coins from the UWCU. In the roll I found a Belize dollar coin. As I had visited Belize just a few months earlier and never brought back any of their money, I kept it as a souvenir.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:39 pm

gozer wrote:yesterday was the second time in five or six weeks that i have received a moroccan 1 dirham piece in change (they are similar in size and general colour to the united states quarter dollar); in this case a coin from anno hegirae 1423 at the woodman's on the west side of madison . . . the first case was culvers . . . .

Does it have "In Allah We Trust" inscribed on it? No? Pfffft. Heathens.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:28 pm

i remember how about five weeks before walker was elected that when i went to pick up a precription they gave me an old 1 ös piece that someone had slipped them in lieu of a quarter, they said they had been saving it for me -- now i wonder if it was a fucken omen . . .

Return to “Travel”