China?

We want to hear about your adventures, be they from Istanbul, Ixtapa or Ixonia. And hey, you might even find someone you can sell your extra Euros to.
uwstudent
Forum Addict

China?

Postby uwstudent » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:01 am

Anyone been to China? How did you travel? By yourselves or a tour?

Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Re: China?

Postby Beaver » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:25 am

I've never been there but here it is crowded. Also, if you go it may be a one way trip.

But I am surprised to see the other countries with a level-two advisory. Antarctica? Why would anyone be subject to harassment and interrogation there? Just checking people's sanity for going there? Belgium, France, Germany, Denmark, and the United Kingdom? I may enjoy being detained there. I thought we had good relations with all of them.

The US government is warning Americans that if they visit China they may not be able to return home
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-gover ... 38371.html

"-The USState Department has issued a travel advisory urging Americans to "exercise increased caution" when travelling to the People's Republic of China.
-The elevated travel advisory is out of concern that China may arbitrarily enforce local laws and detain US citizens without cause using exit bans.
-Under these exit bans, US citizens may be detained or forced to stay in China for an indefinite period of time and may be subject to harassment and interrogation.
-The China travel advisory is a level-two advisory, which urges increased caution.
-Other countries or regions with a level-two advisory include Algeria, Antarctica, Belgium, France, Germany, Denmark, Myanmar, and the United Kingdom."

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:18 pm

Beav, your post was interesting. But it seemed like a bit of a thread jack. I wanted to comment on it but since my comment wasn't about China, I'll keep it to myself.
I did know someone who visited China 10 years ago. She was amazed by the modern cities, and the stark contrast with the countryside, which was still quite primitive.

Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beaver » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:18 pm

The post went unanswered for nearly 5 months. After that long a time, I think posting anything at all related to the topic is not a hijack. But since my post was about China travel in the news, I wouldn't consider it a hijack anyway.

If your comment has nothing to do with China, this isn't the place for it. Can you find a better place?

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:25 pm

My post would have been a response to what you posted about countries other than China, so there isn't really a natural alternative thread to put it in.
It's not important.

Return to “Travel”