Amazon buys Whole Foods

Grocery stores, recipes, cook books, CSAs, farmers' markets, organic, local, processed, corporate. It's a smorgabord!
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Amazon buys Whole Foods

Postby Shorty » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:37 am

Not sure if this belongs in the food or technology section here. So we will be able to get organic food delivered to us? Delivery by drones? Will they have Black Friday deals?

"Dear Valued Shopper,

Today marks the beginning of an exciting new chapter in Whole Foods Market’s history with the announcement that we’ve entered into an agreement to merge with Amazon.

Amazon is an innovative company and we are excited about our partnership. We believe it presents an incredible opportunity to take Whole Foods Market’s mission and purpose to new levels and will create significant value for our stakeholders – including you, our most loyal customers.

We want to assure you that Amazon shares Whole Foods Market’s deep commitment to quality and customer service. We will continue to operate our stores and deliver the highest quality, delicious natural and organic products that you’ve come to love and trust from Whole Foods Market.

No artificial flavors, colors, preservatives, sweeteners or hydrogenated fats will ever be in any of the food we sell. Meat will still come from animals raised with no-added growth hormones, ever. And all eggs in our dairy cases will continue to come from cage-free hens that aren’t given antibiotics. Those standards are core to Whole Foods Market and we will remain committed to them.

Whether you’ve been a Whole Foodie for 30 days or 30 years, you have been an important part of making Whole Foods Market what it is today. We look forward to sharing the next chapter with you.

From,
Your Whole Foods Market Team"

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Amazon buys Whole Foods

Postby Bwis53 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:28 pm

I wonder if their prices might come down. I still think the expression "whole paycheck" fits!

Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:02 pm

Bwis53 wrote:I wonder if their prices might come down. I still think the expression "whole paycheck" fits!

Eh, like any grocery store, you gotta know what and where the regular deals are and you gotta pay attention to sale prices. My only real beef with WF is their policy of promoting pseudoscientific claptrap but their food is almost uniformly good so I rarely have complaints about what I've purchased there.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:53 pm

I just signed up for their new service, Amazon Prime Rib.

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:37 pm

In my email box:
3 Ways Amazon’s Purchase of Whole Foods Impacts You
https://www.moneytalksnews.com/3-ways-a ... criber=yes
1. Whole Foods prices might drop
2. Amazon Prime customers might get special deals
3. The future might be darker if you work in the grocery business

I don't like the idea of someone else picking my food for me. I'm damn picky with my food.

narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:29 am

Wonderful. Now I have to find somewhere else to buy granola.

Little Dr. Evil slowly takes over the world, but as long as stuff is cheap nobody will notice or care.

PaleoLiberal
Forum God/Goddess

Postby PaleoLiberal » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:48 am

O.J. wrote:I just signed up for their new service, Amazon Prime Rib.

Gotta put this in the best of TDPF

fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:39 am

O.J. wrote:I just signed up for their new service, Amazon Prime Rib.
Amazons have a reputation for keeping a breast.

Return to “Cooking & Food issues”