Vegan Fest, 2017

Grocery stores, recipes, cook books, CSAs, farmers' markets, organic, local, processed, corporate. It's a smorgabord!
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Vegan Fest, 2017

Postby Shorty » Mon May 08, 2017 11:31 am

Starting a new thread for this year's fest.

http://www.veganfest.org/speakers
JUNE 17, 2017 - ALLIANT ENERGY CENTER - MADISON, WI

"Come and enjoy delicious vegan food, meet great people, browse the exhibitors booths and find helpful information on protecting animals, the environment, and your health. Everyone is welcome! We have moved into a full exhibition hall at the Alliant Energy Center so we'll have plenty of room for seating and even more vendors and food options.

Our event has inspiring speakers, vegan-minded exhibitors, and a large vegan food court. There are also lots of free samples. The event is free to attend (donations appreciated) and open to the public. Parking at the Alliant Energy Center is also free. Join the "Mad"ness. Last year Mad City Vegan Fest attracted over 3,500 attendees!"

Saturday, June 17, 2017, 10am - 5pm
Alliant Energy Center Exhibition Hall
1919 Alliant Energy Center Way, Madison, WI

Neal Barnard, M.D., F.A.C.C.
Presenting: his new book, The Cheese Trap, which profiles Aaron Rodgers’ transition to a dairy-free diet and the science behind one of the hottest trends in the NFL, Hollywood, and in the medical field.
​3:00 to 3:45 in Speaker Auditorium​

Madsci
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Vegan Fest, 2017

Postby Madsci » Mon May 08, 2017 9:32 pm

I could probably give up meat if I had to and I have gone years without in the past. But not so with cheese and eggs. If I had to be a vegan - like my goats, I would have to eat all day - like my goats.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Vegan Fest, 2017

Postby gargantua » Mon May 08, 2017 9:59 pm

I can go for weeks without any beef and pork, but I still have fish and poultry. I eat a lot of vegetables, but probably not enough. Maybe I should go to this. I'm never going to be vegan, but it wouldn't hurt to try some new foods.

Return to “Cooking & Food issues”