Cornelius

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Cornelius

Postby Bwis53 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:48 pm

Roy wrote:Still here, so you are not so lucky. I am in the process to moving in with the love of my life, and renting my place for $600 month. She has AT&T with Direct TV... I am going to change it over to Amazon FireStick with Sling and an few other small providers.
I wish you happiness.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:50 pm

Roy wrote:Still here, so you are not so lucky. I am in the process to moving in with the love of my life, and renting my place for $600 month. She has AT&T with Direct TV... I am going to change it over to Amazon FireStick with Sling and an few other small providers.

Good for you!

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:34 pm

Glad to see you are still kicking. And in love.

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:38 pm

Congrats. Is she a Republican? I hope she isn't after your money. Do you use a sling box? Which one?

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:15 pm

Roy wrote:Still here, so you are not so lucky.

excellent -- glad to hear it . . .
I am in the process to moving in with the love of my life, and renting my place for $600 month. She has AT&T with Direct TV...

how does that compare with the competition in your opinion?

I am going to change it over to Amazon FireStick with Sling and an few other small providers.

. . . such as firestick and sling, for example. . .

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:57 pm

I admit I was wondering how your basement was doing these days and it sounds like you didn't have to pump it out again which gives me a modicum of positive response. Your life change also appears positive on multiple levels. You might get smarter because of it.

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:07 am

penquin wrote:
pjbogart wrote:Maybe The Isthmus grew a pair and decided to start banning people who regularly post fake news and propaganda.

Maybe perhaps. But then again, other forons who behave as such in a regular manner are still here. So unless Admin are being as blatantly partisan in regards to "fake news and propaganda" as you personally are then it must be something else that accounts for their absence.

Really, Penquin? Perhaps you're perusing different threads than me. I see some disagreements, but I don't see a lot of outright dishonesty from your political opponents. If I were to post a link to a ridiculous article claiming that 99% of gun violence and global warming was caused by Republicans, you'd have a pretty good argument. But I don't see that kind of propaganda here from regular forons.

I see cringeworthy anecdotal evidence that proves nothing at all on a regular basis, but the outright false information, easily refuted and resembling carefully orchestrated propaganda? That always seems to come from our resident conservatives.

I'm not going to say that you can't point to some left-wing propaganda you've seen in the past... I'm sure it exists, but I'd call it anomalous, in the grand scheme of things. Liberals tend to produce verifiable facts, conservatives respond with verifiable falsehoods.

You're welcome to prove me wrong. There's no shortage of material to peruse. Show me where Liberal Forons produced ridiculous conspiracy theories ala Barack Obama murdering people in a cocaine-fueled frenzy after engaging in gay sex. If that liberal exists, he or she deserves the ban hammer.

Mostly, I think you just like to be disagreeable. Which is why we get along so well.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:01 pm

Bwis53 wrote:We'll always have Ned...

Thanks you livin' doll.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:26 pm

Dropping like flies: Waggie, Schwinner and The Gotch.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:22 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:Dropping like flies: Waggie, Schwinner and The Gotch.

Not fake news. Worse. Old news.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:10 pm

gargantua wrote:

I didn't realize that Schwinner was gone until now. :wtf:

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:21 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:
gargantua wrote:

I didn't realize that Schwinner was gone until now.

You've never been the sharpest knife in the drawer, Ned.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:19 pm

Marvell wrote:
Ned Flanders wrote:
gargantua wrote:Not fake news. Worse. Old news.

I didn't realize that Schwinner was gone until now.

You've never been the sharpest knife in the drawer, Ned.

who/ is schwinner?

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:57 pm

I think Schwinner is Henry Vilas.

I don't like to see regulars exit, and I certainly hope my caustic personality doesn't drive people from TDPF, but I think first and foremost the Isthmus should be a news website. And it is. I wouldn't ever post a questionable rumor as fact, nor consider a solar panel manufacturer as a reliable source for the dangers of coal and oil consumption. I'm definitely left of center, but I'd rather be right than "toeing the line". Liars are liars, regardless of their political stripes.

I don't like political propaganda. If it's right-wing, it pisses me off. If it's left-wing it embarrasses me. I like to think my allies are making their arguments with facts, not cleverly crafted lies intended to trick people into believing horseshit.

I don't expect The Isthmus to devote valuable resources to fact-checking every foron's post, but I think that occasionally we get people on the left (Flambeau) and people on the right (The Gotch) who use The Isthmus to spread "fake news". I know some of you bristle at the notion of banning people who post unpopular opinions, but The Isthmus has no interest in offering a podium to liars and propagandists. It may very well be that your "opinion" is that Barack Obama engaged in cocaine-induced homosexual orgies and killed people who knew about it, but nothing you're posting is supported by actual FACTS. You're using The Daily Page Forum to spread verifiable lies, and The Isthmus has no duty to respect that.

I get it... liars provide fodder for good discussions, and assuming that their lies aren't accepted as truth by anyone, there's really no harm in the dissemination. But you can't really guarantee that the lies aren't accepted as truth, and a news organization has an interest, if not a duty, to remove posters who consistently use their website to spread lies. It's not about right and left, it's about right and wrong.

Let's be the good guys. Not just in heart, but in deed as well. Let's argue the facts. And let's recognize that opinions are not facts. It's not OK to simply have any opinion that you want. Facts matter.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:18 am

pjbogart wrote:I think Schwinner is Henry Vilas.

He's never called me that. And I haven't been absent from this forum.

Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”