HELP WANTED: Intervention For @pjbogart

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Re: HELP WANTED: Intervention For @pjbogart

Postby gozer » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:18 pm

Cornelius Gotchberg wrote:@gozer;

but why the "diss" threads?

If it's not clear why this I took time out of my demanding schedule for @pjbogart, I'm unsure I could add much to give it more clarity.

C'mon, the Crazy Cat Lady posts, and I quote "Fuck you, Gotch," to a thread I never went near.

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=77840&p=886807#p886772

If that doesn't verily SCREAM "Yeah, I'm fucked up!", I don't know what does.

this one may not have quite the "w t f" factor and outrageousness of the one u did for bwis53

The "diss" post for @Bwis53 was a retaliatory "diss" in kind for an unsolicited "diss.'' Someone takes a swing at me, I swing back....harder.

Any of...um...diss making sense?

What happens when there are no rules? Allow me to toss it over to Tony Montana (Al Pacino in "Scarface"):

All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one.

The Gotch

no, i saw the precipitating posts, three of them i think -- hence the somewhat lower w t f co-efficient . . . i'm just saying our jerry springer type has been gone for a while and it would be a shame if u followed the stalker fellow trying to play a busted vibrator like a didgeridoo trying to make like the pied piper of hamelin down the road to ineffectual flaming and the occasional random vitriolic outburst . . . he does things like that . . .

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:25 pm

I'd tolerate Crotch better if he made a good point or logical argument now and then. But nooooo! It's mostly "Libtard, Lefty, hopey-changie," etc.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:44 pm

So, someone got it into his head that I need a "trigger warning"" if a Gotch post was to be quoted. This despite the fact that anyone with a nodding acquaintance with the English language will not be able to find any statement by me that even hints that such a measure is necessary or desired by me. This kind of childish nonsense is exactly why I don't engage with this individual. I've participated on the Forum for 16 years now. Put one person on Ignore and liked the results. Who cares? No one who matters, in my view.
Oh, and before the insults and wounded feelings. Save it. I can only be insulted by someone I respect.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:46 pm

Bwis53 wrote:I'd tolerate Crotch better if he made a good point or logical argument now and then. But nooooo! It's mostly "Libtard, Lefty, hopey-changie," etc.

the "hopey-changey" thing is a trifle curious -- b h o is long gone -- to many a foron's chagrin, maybe that is his point -- why not posts about return to strenuous normalcy and the only thing we have to fear is free silver 16 to 1? u shall not crucify monica on a cross of gold . . .

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:56 pm

gargantua wrote:So, someone got it into his head that I need a "trigger warning"" if a Gotch post was to be quoted. This despite the fact that anyone with a nodding acquaintance with the English language will not be able to find any statement by me that even hints that such a measure is necessary or desired by me. This kind of childish nonsense is exactly why I don't engage with this individual. I've participated on the Forum for 16 years now. Put one person on Ignore and liked the results. Who cares? No one who matters, in my view.
Oh, and before the insults and wounded feelings. Save it. I can only be insulted by someone I respect.

that's why he is called mr reading comprehension, and/or the fact that he cannot write a single sentence without some kind of misrepresentation or outright falsification, something which holds the attention of some folks, myself included, like a car wreck although it is starting to wear off because maybe he is no more a dumbell than mentally ill (not at all) and it is all a distasteful minstrel show at the expense of people who really do have those rocks to push . . . some people have really rotten senses of humour it seems . . .

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:17 pm

gozer, I have no idea what is going on with this person. Life is too short.

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:28 pm

gargantua wrote:This despite the fact that anyone with a nodding acquaintance with the English language will not be able to find any statement by me that even hints that such a measure is necessary or desired by me.

There was at least one statement from you that indicates you need/desire such a warning.

And honestly....gozer complaining about someone else being mentally ill and/or a "net terrorist" is laughable and clearly a case of him once again projecting himself upon others. Just because he later edits out most of his threats and obscene taunts doesn't mean he never said them.

Edited to add link
Last edited by penquin on Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:38 pm

it won't be too much longer anyways -- administration and moderation is work like any other and if someone insists on making it more difficult and doubles & triples down, the constitutional right to free speech or the human right to be eccentric (which i doubt is really what is going on too) aren't going to save his account, as he has seen before . . . maybe more than once -- come to think of it, dr rorschach is sort of wondering why, in his usual farragoes of nonsense about sock puppets and personae and whatever the other code words of the day are, he often brings up the long-departed sheppy -- i actually came across some of sheppy's prose the other day when looking at a thread about the 2007 elections, and i'm thinking: "hey, i recognise this fellow!"

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:43 pm

and here we go again -- with his spreadsheet or whatever and constant monitoring of the board (anybody really think the "conceal my login this time") actually hides u from everybody?) u know he would have posted anything untoward all over the place -- notified the admins for a ruling . . .

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:20 pm

gozer wrote:...with his spreadsheet or whatever and constant monitoring of the board...

A paranoid might think that.

Cornelius Gotchberg
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornelius Gotchberg » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:50 am

I tend to skim over Crotch's posts because they're full of name calling and short on points and facts.

Soooooo, @Bwis53 calls me a name (albeit one brilliantly derived by a self-appointed sophisticate) and then weenie-whines about name-calling.

Priceless!

And you claiming there aren't points AND facts says more about youse than it does about me. Ergo, there are; just not ones meticulously screened through reality-filtering weapons-grade-thickened-industrial-strength-hardened ideological blinders from pre-approved selections from the Lefty World View Cafeteria.

It's mostly "Libtard, Lefty, hopey-changie," etc.

Please show where I've EVER used the phrase "Libtard,'' or waddle back in and issue an appropriately groveling and contrite apology, or STFU!

If it's all the same to youse, I'd be satisfied with the latter.

Rules, or lack thereof? Recently, several posters were calamitously beset by the virulent vapors because of the presence of a picture of a fetching young lass, depicted in a less-than-chaste manner. They cyber-wailed inconsolably that were this not tended to immediately, they'd take their slobbering elsewhere.

Yet when there is an expressed desire, in no uncertain terms, that a certain poster suffer any manner of mayhem, malaise, and misery? Crickets.

That because it's wished upon someone subjectively deemed eminently deserving?

If so, there's a word for that, which I might add, is one none too flattering.

The Gotch

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:53 am

A wimp or a bully in real life?

Cornelius Gotchberg
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornelius Gotchberg » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:04 am

@Henry Vilas;

A wimp or a bully in real life?

Let's find out.

The Gotch

jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:17 am

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:02 pm

Cornelius Gotchberg wrote:
I tend to skim over Crotch's posts because they're full of name calling and short on points and facts.

Soooooo, @Bwis53 calls me a name (albeit one brilliantly derived by a self-appointed sophisticate) and then weenie-whines about name-calling.

Priceless!

And you claiming there aren't points AND facts says more about youse than it does about me. Ergo, there are; just not ones meticulously screened through reality-filtering weapons-grade-thickened-industrial-strength-hardened ideological blinders from pre-approved selections from the Lefty World View Cafeteria.

It's mostly "Libtard, Lefty, hopey-changie," etc.

Please show where I've EVER used the phrase "Libtard,'' or waddle back in and issue an appropriately groveling and contrite apology, or STFU!

If it's all the same to youse, I'd be satisfied with the latter.

Rules, or lack thereof? Recently, several posters were calamitously beset by the virulent vapors because of the presence of a picture of a fetching young lass, depicted in a less-than-chaste manner. They cyber-wailed inconsolably that were this not tended to immediately, they'd take their slobbering elsewhere.

The Gotch

well, what actually happened was one person blew his stack because he didn't like the person posting it, then others added comments which i think well approximate the community range of the opinion on nekkid pictures and the rest is history -- in the unlikely event extra noise is needed to draw admins in at some point in the future, i would go for something more nuanced, like instructions for writing computer viruses or news-u-can-use like how to grow and work with the big o . . . i also have no idea who the lass is . . .

i do agree about the crickets . . .

Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”