HELP WANTED: Intervention For @pjbogart

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
Cornelius Gotchberg
Forum God/Goddess

HELP WANTED: Intervention For @pjbogart

Postby Cornelius Gotchberg » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:33 am

If anyone knows @pjbogart, they best intercede, like, yesterday.

A quick audit of her 3 most recent posts (which all close with a troubling request for sex...with me!!!) show a most worrisome decent into the dark abyss of dangerously misplaced aggression.

search.php?author_id=923&sr=posts

She may be of harm both to herself (drug-n-alcohol abuse, cutting, nether region piercing, booze-fogged aggressive pan-handling, junk-food binging, huffing, self-flagellating "whack-attacks, tide pod ingesting, condom snorting, submitting to an full body Hopey Changey tattoo, etc.) and to others.

My concern's with the "others."

The Gotch

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Re: HELP WANTED: Intervention For @pjbogart

Postby penquin » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:45 am

Earlier we were discussing why someone might have multiple logins for the same discussion board. Another reason could be for someone to be able to say extremely rude and vile remarks under one name...comments that go beyond the pale for even this forum...and then use another when they wish to be taken seriously by their peers.

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:58 am

Hah!

Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beaver » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:18 am

penquin wrote:comments that go beyond the pale for even this forum.

I didn't know comments could go beyond the pale on this forum. Seems like there are no limits on acceptable posts, and anything goes. Just ask Stebben.

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:26 am

Beaver wrote:I didn't know comments could go beyond the pale on this forum.

It's get wild & woolly in here, for sure...but very-very rarely is someone sincerely wishing death upon another.

I can only recall it happening three times - two by the same user-name.

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:37 am

Beaver wrote:
penquin wrote:comments that go beyond the pale for even this forum.

I didn't know comments could go beyond the pale on this forum. Seems like there are no limits on acceptable posts, and anything goes. Just ask Stebben.

Like when you made fun of overweight people. Way to take the moral high ground. I admit I can be a dick sometimes. What's your excuse?

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:16 pm

Cornelius Gotchberg wrote:If anyone knows @pjbogart, they best intercede, like, yesterday.

A quick audit of her 3 most recent posts (which all close with a troubling request for sex...with me!!!) show a most worrisome decent into the dark abyss of dangerously misplaced aggression.

search.php?author_id=923&sr=posts

She may be of harm both to herself (drug-n-alcohol abuse, cutting, nether region piercing, booze-fogged aggressive pan-handling, junk-food binging, huffing, self-flagellating "whack-attacks, tide pod ingesting, condom snorting, submitting to an full body Hopey Changey tattoo, etc.) and to others.

My concern's with the "others."

The Gotch

is it very far off the mark to theorise that u would like to hold up a mirror, jerry springer-like, to "lefty" and others? in other words, people may moan and complain, but u are just holding the mirror, not making any of it up? that has a place and adds value, but why the "diss" threads? this one may not have quite the "w t f" factor and outrageousness of the one u did for bwis53, but "diss" threads just put u in a passive-aggressive category i don't thihk u want to join . . .

jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:35 pm

...but "diss" threads just put u in a passive-aggressive category i don't thihk u want to join . . .

Seriously, what would make you think that?

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:37 pm

Beaver wrote: Seems like there are no limits on acceptable posts, and anything goes.

Rules? Who needs rules?

Each board administrator has their own set of rules for their site. If you have broken a rule, you may be issued a warning.

Your guess as to the rules is as good as mine.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:18 pm

jman111 wrote:
...but "diss" threads just put u in a passive-aggressive category i don't thihk u want to join . . .

Yeah. What the bloody hell is passive about it?

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:34 pm

I tend to skim over Crotch's posts because they're full of name calling and short on points and facts. I still wonder if he gets paid.

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:56 pm

Secret and unclear rules along with absolute power can be a nice combination.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:01 pm

I don't think that we'd like a lot of rules. A few would probably be OK, as long as they were clear, and actually enforced. I remember Jason commenting a few years ago that the Forons policed each other pretty well. Of course there were more of us then.

Cornelius Gotchberg
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornelius Gotchberg » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:21 pm

@gozer;

but why the "diss" threads?

If it's not clear why this I took time out of my demanding schedule for @pjbogart, I'm unsure I could add much to give it more clarity.

C'mon, the Crazy Cat Lady posts, and I quote "Fuck you, Gotch," to a thread I never went near.

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=77840&p=886807#p886772

If that doesn't verily SCREAM "Yeah, I'm fucked up!", I don't know what does.

this one may not have quite the "w t f" factor and outrageousness of the one u did for bwis53

The "diss" post for @Bwis53 was a retaliatory "diss" in kind for an unsolicited "diss.'' Someone takes a swing at me, I swing back....harder.

Any of...um...diss making sense?

What happens when there are no rules? Allow me to toss it over to Tony Montana (Al Pacino in "Scarface"):

All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one.

The Gotch

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:05 pm

Cadfael wrote:
jman111 wrote:

Yeah. What the bloody hell is passive about it?

indeed -- i think a better phrasing would have been "do u really want to put yourself into the same category as other odious posters including passive-aggressive arseholes . . ." or something to that effect . . .

the hyphen makes all the difference and i think the opposite of "passive-aggressive" is actually "constructive" or "forthright" and not active aggressive -- without the hyphen passive aggressive is an oxymoron . . . u know, in another thread when shorbeav asked if active aggression was better i wondered if he was being humourous or, well, passive-aggressive . . . at any rate, it is good that the worst net.terrorist here, who wants to "(metaphorically) blow shit up" i think it was, cannot figure out that one -- like an al-qaida member who could not make ice cubes with the cookbook open in front of him. thank the lord for small favours . . .

Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”