Threats

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Threats

Postby penquin » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:08 am

Just parking these here for now...

jonnygothispen wrote:Where's the Unabomber when you really need him?

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=58345&p=876542#p876542

jonnygothispen wrote:I can't see this going on forever without some group, or individual, rising up to give the same measure back. How long before someone shoots up a bunch of gun freaks at an NRA convention?

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=71330&p=876547#p876547

gozer wrote:o well, the town of madison cops can ask fuqstiq when they kick down his door for that excitement at pitchers' pub last week . . .

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=71347&p=876691#p876691

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Threats

Postby penquin » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:07 am

jonnygothispen wrote:I am sick of seeing innocent kids die. I'd rather that the bastards responsible for the easy access to guns that got them killed die instead.

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=71330&p=876552#p876552

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:52 am

penquin wrote:Just parking these here for now...

Thank you...I don't know where we would be without your great service to the forum. The internet needs more passive aggressive assholes.

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:51 am

It was suggested that actual&real threats be gathered into one easy-to-find thread. If a credible foron wants to say that there is nothing threatening at all about those comments, then I'll consider deleting these messages.

Given that there is a greater than 79% chance of Stebben84 having multiple logins, I can't personally consider him to be "credible" in this situation.

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:16 am

penquin wrote:Given that there is a greater than 79% chance of Stebben84 having multiple logins, I can't personally consider him to be "credible" in this situation.

Guess what...Wrong.

But hey, like I said, we appreciate your passive aggressiveness. It was folks like you why I stopped posting. Dunno what made me think posting again would somehow be different.

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:24 am

Stebben84 wrote:It was folks like you why I stopped posting. Dunno what made me think posting again would somehow be different.

Looking at your last few posts, perhaps you should try to be the change you wish to see in others.

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:30 am

Stebben84 wrote:But hey, like I said, we appreciate your passive aggressiveness. It was folks like you why I stopped posting. Dunno what made me think posting again would somehow be different.

So you prefer active aggressiveness and insults?

david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:41 am

I don't find any of those statements to be actionable threats. I don't agree with a lot of johnny's posts and have clashed with him in the past, but a threat has to involve INTENT, and nowhere does HE demonstrate intent.

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:47 am

The Unabomber one sounds like a threat to me. Or at least a wish for violence. Or maybe just a bad joke. Johny's second one is more vague. I don't understand Gozer's post, as usual.

Donald
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Donald » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:18 am

Threats are different than snarky venting. I love hyperbole, and jonny is almost up to my standards in that department.

The Unabomber quote is funny in a sick sort of Woody Allen way. It's a pretty clear admission that whoever says it isn't going to engage in anything approaching violence, because they are hoping someone else will take care of the problem.

The NRA convention quote is interesting because the NRA bans guns at its gatherings, which explains why they all still have heartbeats. That's a joke.

And I can certainly understand the sense of justice behind the sentiment that the NRA, and not the kids, die instead. It would be better, though, if no one died because of bad gun regulation.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:06 pm

Thank you D ^

And on that note, this popped up today.

http://www.ozy.com/flashback/how-four-u ... gn=Organic

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:01 pm

Lefties here are permitted to threaten with impunity. That's why this place is dying.

jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:32 pm

It's a biblical thing... "The measure you give is the measure you get."

Im wondering when, "What goes around, comes around?" Violent people can't get away with that stuff forever. And they're certainly promoting a culture of violence by wishing to arm teachers too. What a ridiculous idea when there are scores of better solutions.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:18 am

jonnygothispen wrote:It's a biblical thing... "The measure you give is the measure you get."

Im wondering when, "What goes around, comes around?" Violent people can't get away with that stuff forever. And they're certainly promoting a culture of violence by wishing to arm teachers too. What a ridiculous idea when there are scores of better solutions.

if this were a situation in which actual names were being used it would be considered defamatory; in any case it is a clear example of projection and trying to bluff one's way out of something by accusing others of the same thing -- i hope u have notified the moderators. someone who tries that hard to feign insouciance most assuredly has an unhealthy and unsafe surplus of frenzied negative energy . . . the sunshine bores the daylights out of lots of us, but someone takes a magnifying glass or a 150 cm frensel lens . . .

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:10 am

@david, shorty, donald: Sincerely appreciate your sincere comments. Not sure if I agree completely with yours point-of-view on this, but ya have given me much to ponder.

@ned: Seems that way quite often, eh? Can't help but wonder what kinda outrage would happen if a right-leaning foron were to make a comment about needing Paul Hill.

Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”