I feel bad for Ned Flanders

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Re: I feel bad for Ned Flanders

Postby pjbogart » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:07 pm

You're right, JFH was also more paternalistic in his tone. He was trying to SAVE us from ourselves. The Gotch has no delusions of convincing anyone of anything... he's pretty much just trying to get a reaction. The return of Meade?

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:15 pm

Meade is from Indiana and doesn't know that much about Wisconsin sports, as the Gotch seems to know.

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:10 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:Meade is from Indiana and doesn't know that much about Wisconsin sports, as the Gotch seems to know.

Neither of them know squat. Cornholio Doucheberg is longing for the low-post dominance of the beastly Charlie Wills. This is a guy who never averaged more than 5.2 boards a game, never averaged more than 0.3 blocks per game, and launched 35% of his shots from distance his senior year.

Cornelius Gotchberg
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornelius Gotchberg » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:29 pm

@O.J.;

I've forgotten more about Badger sports than you'll ever know.

Can't say I blame you for trying to make it seem otherwise, though.

A pathetic existence in a maternally-owned-below-grade accommodations, posting from an ObamaPhone, with only Cheetoes & Mountain Dew for sustenance, isn't the ideal environment for any personal satisfaction, much less any intellectual growth.

The Gotch

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:38 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:Meade is from Indiana and doesn't know that much about Wisconsin sports, as the Gotch seems to know.

so then meade was a hoser, i mean hoosier . . .

snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:56 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:And he just proved sno's point.

I know. There's no detectable connection at all between what I wrote and the link he posted in reply. I wanted it to make some sense, but it just didn't.

At least I tried.

It's like the tree falling in the woods: if you're so meta nobody can tell what you're talking about, is there still a meaning?

Cornelius Gotchberg
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornelius Gotchberg » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:28 pm

@snoqueen;

I wanted it to make some sense, but it just didn't.

Bold move confessing that shortcoming. Silver lining? 90 % of your problem & 90 % of your solution is right there.

Your none-too-fast-fast-approaching hiatus, hopefully without limit, might allow time for some serious, much-needed introspection?

The Gotch

jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:30 pm

snoqueen wrote:I know. There's no detectable connection at all between what I wrote and the link he posted in reply. I wanted it to make some sense, but it just didn't.

At least I tried.

It's like the tree falling in the woods: if you're so meta nobody can tell what you're talking about, is there still a meaning?

Other than a desperate plea for attention (another who didn't get the needed hugs as a child), the only purpose appears to be pulling down the signal-to-noise ratio.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:38 pm

jman111 wrote:
snoqueen wrote:I know. There's no detectable connection at all between what I wrote and the link he posted in reply. I wanted it to make some sense, but it just didn't.

At least I tried.

Other than a desperate plea for attention (another who didn't get the needed hugs as a child), the only purpose appears to be pulling down the signal-to-noise ratio.

And that, in and of itself, is proof that he thinks there's too much signal. Which kind of contradicts the "ghost town" vibe Ned is trying to push.
Hey look what I found.
I think it applies to more than science articles.

Paleo2
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Paleo2 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:27 pm

I sometimes go to right-wing forums so I can deal with intelligent right-wingers. OK, some are morons, and some get triggered by having a liberal on their forum. (I recommend a safe space with puppies). Sometimes the conversations get interesting.

I would really enjoy some intelligent posts by conservatives on this thread.

Wake me up if that ever happens.

Cornelius Gotchberg
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornelius Gotchberg » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:33 pm

@Paleo2;

I sometimes go to right-wing forums so I can deal with intelligent right-wingers.

Your suffocating arrogance is positively breathtaking, the highfreaki'larious thing? Having successfully fooled yourself, you're absolutely clueless

OK, some are morons, and some get triggered by having a liberal on their forum.

As opposed to you's trembling Lefties on this forum, right?

(I recommend a safe space with puppies).

You didn't get the memo. It ain't been Righty that's been in dangerously immersed in catatonic/apoplectic, pillow-biting, mouth-breathing, weenie-whiny, simpering-whimpering complete metaphysical, emotional, existential, psychological, philosophical, full-throated, freaking out, melting down, totally collapsing free-fall, lo, these ~ 14 months, now has it.

Not an enviable state of affairs for those perilously close to the dark abyss to begin with, am I right?

Cancel my classes, outlaw chalking sidewalks, I can't go to work, 25th Amendment, Hillarity won the popular vote...waaaaah waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Sometimes the conversations get interesting.

Truth be told, it can here as well.

I would really enjoy some intelligent posts by conservatives on this thread.

They're here, (please see 2nd sentence above)

Wake me up if that ever happens.

Little chance of that happening, you sleep the deep, uninterrupted, unexamined, ideological slumber of a manifest
addlepate; pity that.

The Gotch

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:12 pm

Cancel my classes, outlaw chalking sidewalks,

they started outlawing kids doing it, so it was only a matter of time . . .

one of the objectives of graffiti is ostensibly creating a long-lasting or permanent message -- that is why people spray-paint the names of political parties on rocks and things like "i love u sweatheart [sic]" on bridges -- unless u are in the middle of the atacama desert or on mars, chalk does not count. what a bunch of arseholes . . .
Last edited by gozer on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:12 pm

Flanders is oddly silent. Let's enjoy it while we can. Unless he is currently being the shit stain I've enjoyed having on Ignore these past few weeks.
Seriously folks. It. Is. Awesome.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:29 pm

I hope some healing comes out of this thread.

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:34 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:I hope some healing comes out of this thread.

There's always fight club...

Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”