Enough is enough (on Flambeau)

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
penquin
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3067
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Enough is enough (on Flambeau)

Postby penquin » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:17 am

gargantua wrote:I think the goal is simply to try to wreck the Forum.


Is that why you do the things (bump up old threads, take part in the anti-fflambeu protests, etc etc) you do? Is that your way of trying to wreck the forum?

Cadfael wrote:Flam, Penq, and bdog wouldn't mind if the forum stagnated, because it's being used by people they dislike for one reason or other.


Can't speak for the other two, but that's a bullshit lie you're telling about me. I've been trying to increase the forum's discussions, not decrease 'em.

gozer wrote:..ppenbeau..


I am not, nor have I ever been, fflambeu. You're just pissed off 'cause I pointed out how unlikely it was that someone on this forum sent you an email calling you names. Instead of addressing that you've decided to make things personal with me...


Odds of gozer being jonnygothispen has increased to 64.45%

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3733
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:46 am

Re: Enough is enough (on Flambeau)

Postby Cadfael » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:31 am

penquin wrote:
Cadfael wrote:Flam, Penq, and bdog wouldn't mind if the forum stagnated, because it's being used by people they dislike for one reason or other.


Can't speak for the other two, but that's a bullshit lie you're telling about me. I've been trying to increase the forum's discussions, not decrease 'em.

Huh. Not doing a very good job.

Just to be sure we're on the same page, you're absolutely certain I'm lying and not just wrong?

You believe I'm actually here telling lies about you when I know for a fact how nice you are and how you're attempting to make this place better?

If so, that does explain a few things. But, my mind has changed. I no longer believe you wouldn't mind if the forum stagnated. You would be sad for a while. You wouldn't change your behavior to save it, but you would be sad.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 5881
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2002 1:35 pm
Location: everywhere
Contact:

Re: Enough is enough (on Flambeau)

Postby gozer » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:33 am

Bwis53 wrote:I still think of this place as a comfortable neighborhood bar, with a few obnoxious drunks, now and then. Imagine the hoopla if Harmony got torn down!




. . . and the barkeep very fond of the special k . . .

penquin
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3067
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:19 pm
Contact:

re: Enough is enough (on the whining and handwringing)

Postby penquin » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:46 am

Cadfael wrote:Huh. Not doing a very good job.


Better than you are, dude.

Image

Bland
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2460
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Enough is enough (on Flambeau)

Postby Bland » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:04 pm

penquin wrote:I've been trying to increase the forum's discussions, not decrease 'em.

Do you truly believe this? Can you explain how your little game of quoting bdog's "point" furthers your stated goal? (And for the record, bdog's attempt was valiant but it was also a failure so I wish he'd stop.) Seems to me you can't have it both ways. Either you're making an honest attempt to increase discussions here or you're playing a petty game of oneupmanship over who can spam the most threads in the most irritating way. You can be part of the solution (and that includes arguing with folks like me over the relative merits of fflamspamming, since being in agreement is hardly a prerequisite for a reasonable discussion) or you can be part of the problem, which currently is constant thread-spamming. That you're doing what you're doing as some kind of counter protest is irrelevant as the effect is the same. Choose wisely, grasshopper.

penquin
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3067
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Enough is enough (on Flambeau)

Postby penquin » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:16 pm

Bland wrote:Do you truly believe this?


Yes - my quoting bdog's points are an attempt to increase discussion, and it appears to be working.

Thank you for your participation.

Bland
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2460
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Enough is enough (on Flambeau)

Postby Bland » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:23 pm

penquin wrote:......it appears to be working.

You have an extremely bizarre definition of "working" given nobody is responding to your posts. That there is a discussion about fflambeau's posts in a thread about fflambeau's posts hardly seems like something you should be taking credit for. The only direct response I've seen to your pointless thread bumping is mine right here in this thread, where I call you out for being part of the problem. How you can interpret that as some kind of success escapes me.

penquin
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3067
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:19 pm
Contact:

Bland can't get enough

Postby penquin » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:40 pm

Bland wrote:You have an extremely bizarre definition of "working" given nobody is responding to your posts.


Heh - you respond to my post in order to say nobody is responding to my posts.

That's cute. Thanks for sharing.

...your pointless thread bumping...


Just because you miss the point doesn't mean it is pointless.

How you can interpret that as some kind of success escapes me.


No surprise. We've seen the most simplest of questions (IE - For the purposes of a wager, at what point would you consider someone to be running for President?) leave you totally befuddled and confused.

You should go back to your constant name-calling and shit-slinging...you're kinda over your head on this one.

PS to Cad: Do you see the difference between the way Garg made his statement and how you made yours? That's the difference between being wrong and telling a lie.

Bland
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 2460
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:46 am

Re: Bland can't get enough

Postby Bland » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:45 pm

penquin wrote:We've seen the most simplest of questions (IE - For the purposes of a wager, at what point would you consider someone to be running for President?) leave you totally befuddled and confused.

You sure do have a unique way of interpreting things. I would be very surprised if anyone else who read it thought I was the befuddled and confused person in that exchange but you go ahead and believe whatever you need to in order to not feel an overwhelming urge to repeatedly bash your head against the wall to try to make a hole big enough to let the stupid drain the out.

I mean, could you be any more stupid then to say "Heh - you respond to my post in order to say nobody is responding to my posts" as if it was a clever GOTCHA! given I was obviously referring specifically to your dumbass replies to bdog, not anything in this thread? Because you sure look stupid in this exchange which I have to assume is what you're going for given how often it happens.

penquin wrote:You should go back to your constant name-calling and shit-slinging.......

Whatever you say, you dumb fucking asshole.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 5881
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2002 1:35 pm
Location: everywhere
Contact:

Re: Enough is enough (on Flambeau)

Postby gozer » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:09 pm

I am not, nor have I ever been, fflambeu.


yes u are, pumpkin fucker . . .

penquin
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3067
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Bland can't get enough

Postby penquin » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:24 pm

Bland wrote:You sure do have a unique way of interpreting things.


It appeared to me that you offered a wager which, according to your own words, could have at least three different dates (spread almost a year apart) on which the task ("Running for Prez") would be fulfilled. I asked you to clarify as to which of those dates would suffice for you, and your response was to claim running for President is simply running for President and anybody should know when that begins. You then proceeded to call me names, insult my intelligence and accuse me of being mentally ill.

What part of that am I misinterpreting?

Whatever you say, you dumb fucking asshole.


It ain't just what I say - look at your posting history and tell me the last time you said something that wasn't attacking or slurring another. Have no idea what life upheaval you went through a year or so ago, but you've changed a lot since then and not for the better. I sincerely hope that whatever is really troubling you is settled soon.

gozer wrote:pumpkin fucker


I drove an ice cream truck for a summer, constantly coming in the top 10% of sales...but does anyone say "There is Penquin, the ice cream man?" No....not at all. Three different times I've put out small household fires, but does anyone say "There goes Penquin, the firefighter"? Never have those words been uttered. Saved a kitten from certain death, yet nobody calls me "the feline lifesaver"


But ya fuck ONE pumpkin...and labeled for life.

bdog
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 4613
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:26 am

Re: Enough is enough (on Flambeau)

Postby bdog » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:25 pm

Bland wrote:(And for the record, bdog's attempt was valiant but it was also a failure so I wish he'd stop.)

Ok.

Madsci
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 1846
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:47 pm

Re: Enough is enough (on Flambeau)

Postby Madsci » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:45 pm

gozer wrote:
Madsci wrote:And if you don't respond to such treads, they may go fade away.


i thought so too, until it started responding to its own threads and repeating itself for whatever reason . . .

Don't respond means don't respond.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 5881
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2002 1:35 pm
Location: everywhere
Contact:

Re: Enough is enough (on Flambeau)

Postby gozer » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:23 pm

penquin wrote:
gargantua wrote:I think the goal is simply to try to wreck the Forum.


Is that why you do the things (bump up old threads, take part in the anti-fflambeu protests, etc etc) you do? Is that your way of trying to wreck the forum?

Cadfael wrote:Flam, Penq, and bdog wouldn't mind if the forum stagnated, because it's being used by people they dislike for one reason or other.


Can't speak for the other two, but that's a bullshit lie you're telling about me. I've been trying to increase the forum's discussions, not decrease 'em.

gozer wrote:..ppenbeau..


I am not, nor have I ever been, fflambeu. You're just pissed off 'cause I pointed out how unlikely it was that someone on this forum sent you an email calling you names. Instead of addressing that you've decided to make things personal with me...



u know, if someone was really pissed off at u, they wouldn't compare u^h^h^h^h^hfkamboner to ee mm pp ppurveyor -- that would be an insult to the latter . . .

Odds of gozer being jonnygothispen has increased to 64.45%


u know if someone was really pised off at u they wouldn't compare u to ee mm pp ppurveyor -- that would be an insult to the latter . . .

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 11185
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2002 1:30 pm
Location: Madison

Re: Enough is enough (on Flambeau)

Postby gargantua » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:50 pm

I'm not pissed at anyone. There are a few individuals I don't bother with. They aren't worth anyone's anger, really. They're just trolling. Whatever. Take the bait if you like and enjoy the ride. Just don't complain when they keep it up because you kept feeding them.


Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests