Enough is enough (on Flambeau)

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Enough is enough (on complaining about Flambeau)

Postby Ducatista » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:58 pm

penquin wrote:Have seen the same thing many times before, in this forum & elsewhere. The more the gang piles on an individual the more the individual pushes back, which the gang responds by piling on even more. Wash - rinse - repeat.

Yeah, I suppose you're right. It's either gonna sort itself, or fflam-spam is the new norm. In the overall scheme of things, not that big a deal.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:21 pm

penquin wrote:
Ducatista wrote:penquin, why are you sure fflambeau is a she?

Traditionally speaking, "Francine" is a female name.

How do you know his/her first name is Francine?

Honest question.

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby penquin » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:30 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:How do you know his/her first name is Francine?

I've read other forums, local and nationally, where the full name is used. It may be a nom de plume, but if the author wishes to identify as a female then its only polite & proper to respect that.

Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ducatista » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:55 pm

penquin wrote:I've read other forums, local and nationally, where the full name is used. It may be a nom de plume, but if the author wishes to identify as a female then its only polite & proper to respect that.

Fair enough. Postwar or early boomer woman, eh? I'd've guessed millennial guy.

bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Enough is enough (on Flambeau)

Postby bdog » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:05 pm

^^^ Nothing beats the shut-up-and-go-aways collectively going on and on and on and on (and on and on and on) about how they wish fflambeau wouldn't go on and on.

As it happens, she's not talking to you. Also not listening to you. But, you know, do go on.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:25 pm

PaleoLiberal wrote:
HawkHead wrote:Come on, this isn't about free speech. It's about not mucking up the forum with 20 threads that differ only slightly and could be put in similar already started threads.

True. That has been my complaint as well. Which is why I blocked ff. If everyone blocked ff, at some point s/he might take the hint.

S/he was once bragging about the HUNDREDS of page views some of he posts ff started got. The page views are ff's rewards. If ff trolls and someone bites, ff sees the responses and page views as a victory.

if all this is actually about post count that would be sad -- not "sad" the lazy pejorative like trump and so many others use it, but because it is a huge disappointment -- if someone is going to vandalise the forum, at least it should be in the name of revenge of some type or something equally dramatic . . . of course the optimum would be for people not to excessively multi-post and do something all the more when it becomes clear that it is irritating someone . . . i'd say that kind of behaviour is childish on general principle, but none of my children or nephews and nieces or others ever acted like that . . .

Ned Flounders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flounders » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:17 am

gozer wrote: i'd say that kind of behaviour is childish on general principle, but none of my children or nephews and nieces or others ever acted like that . . .

Yeah. It's remarkable how prevalent "childish" behavior is among people who are nominally adults.

Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ducatista » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:14 am

bdog wrote:^^^ Nothing blah blah blah

Ugh, bdog. You've become so... unappealing. I expect you don't care, so, you know, do go on.

bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:03 am

Ducatista wrote:
bdog wrote:^^^ Nothing blah blah blah

Ugh, bdog. You've become so... unappealing. I expect you don't care, so, you know, do go on.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:43 pm

penquin wrote:Chances of gozer being cadfael have increased to 52.78%

I am uncertain if either of us should be flattered or insulted. I think I'm flattered but I sure hope nobody gives me a pop quiz on the anthropological history of recreational drugs.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:27 pm

This is going to change the way that I peruse the Forum. I just won't click on any topic initiated by the 3 kids (or two, or one) who are playing on here. I think the goal is simply to try to wreck the Forum. Don't let the three, two, or one of them do it.

HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:32 am

Personally, I have decreased my posting and forum use. I am sick of trying to scroll through 30 threads to find the 2 or 3 that I am interested in. I have spambeau on ignore but it doesn't stop showing the threads he/she started.

And with bdog being his usual self, it is just increasing the "unusablitiy" for me.

Isthmus is allowing someone to come in and shit all over this forum. You wouldn't let your dog shit in your house so I am surprised something hasn't been done to curb the issue.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:46 am

I also am getting the impression that the admins wouldn't shed too many tears if the forum just faded away so they could get back to whatever it is they want to get back to.

Flam, Penq, and bdog wouldn't mind if the forum stagnated, because it's being used by people they dislike for one reason or other.

Together, the two factions have almost managed to accomplish both goals.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:32 am

since this is the umpteenth time that ppenbeau has said one person is another, maybe we should call it "imax" . . . i don't like going down that epistemological rabbit hole, but it is so manifest . . . . . coz this is its standard flustered response based on psychological projection . . . one can't be sure what if anything else was the point otherwise since cadfael is not only smart but wise too, something which imax cannot begin to be able to claim . . .a fellow or lass that's got no class -- going down that road is shooting slingshots in a city of glass . . . it is so crass, maybe it's overdone it on grass . . .
Last edited by gozer on Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:53 am

I still think of this place as a comfortable neighborhood bar, with a few obnoxious drunks, now and then. Imagine the hoopla if Harmony got torn down!

Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”