Time for post limits for all Forons

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 4611
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:26 am

Time for post limits for all Forons

Postby bdog » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:58 am

Some forons have abused the lack of limits. I propose:

- a limit of 4 new topics per week
- a limit of 20 responses per week

If you are age 63 1/2 or more, number of responses is unlimited.

Roy
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 7447
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:31 pm

Re: Time for post limits for all Forons

Postby Roy » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:40 am

bdog wrote:Some forons have abused the lack of limits. I propose:

- a limit of 4 new topics per week
- a limit of 20 responses per week

If you are age 63 1/2 or more, number of responses is unlimited.

Perhaps people with little or nothing to say/add should refrain entirely. :) :mrgreen:

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 27835
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:57 pm
Location: Name sez it all
Contact:

Re: Time for post limits for all Forons

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:54 am

Irony alert.

Shorty
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 4899
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2003 12:53 pm

Re: Time for post limits for all Forons

Postby Shorty » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:06 am

I guess I am an abuser so I'm against it. How about this instead?

- a limit of 5 new topics per week on the same subject, ie, Trump
- a limit of 20 responses per week on the same subject, ie, Trump

But who would count and how can they be limited? Like a piece of bad legislation, your policy lacks needed details.

Roy
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 7447
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:31 pm

Re: Time for post limits for all Forons

Postby Roy » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:37 am

Shorty wrote:I guess I am an abuser so I'm against it. How about this instead?

- a limit of 5 new topics per week on the same subject, ie, Trump
- a limit of 20 responses per week on the same subject, ie, Trump

But who would count and how can they be limited? Like a piece of bad legislation, your policy lacks needed details.

I don't think it lacks details, but does lack a means of enforcement.

DCB
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 5384
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:08 pm

Re: Time for post limits for all Forons

Postby DCB » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:38 am

I think fflambeau should get his own blog.

Roy
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 7447
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:31 pm

Re: Time for post limits for all Forons

Postby Roy » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:49 am

DCB wrote:I think fflambeau should get his own blog.

:thumbup: +10

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 15758
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2001 2:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Time for post limits for all Forons

Postby Ned Flanders » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:56 pm

This place is circling the drain. You should be grateful for active posters.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3637
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:46 am

Re: Time for post limits for all Forons

Postby Cadfael » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:30 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:This place is circling the drain. You should be grateful for active posters.

Any noise to cover up and interfere with real and useful community discussion is something to be grateful for.

Roy
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 7447
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:31 pm

Re: Time for post limits for all Forons

Postby Roy » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:11 pm

Cadfael wrote:
Ned Flanders wrote:This place is circling the drain. You should be grateful for active posters.

Any noise to cover up and interfere with real and useful community discussion is something to be grateful for.

Image Image @useful Image

narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 4821
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:35 am

Re: Time for post limits for all Forons

Postby narcoleptish » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:19 pm

I think that all foronic correspondence should henceforth be done in traditional letter form, written out in cursive with a fountain pen. Perhaps people would think a little more about what they're writing if it wasn't so easy to just quickly fax something in or however you people are doing it these days.

{send}

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 8738
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2002 8:39 pm
Location: Bay Creek
Contact:

Re: Time for post limits for all Forons

Postby Bwis53 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:30 pm

Back in the day...I was fortunate to have a few "letters to the editor" published...

narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 4821
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:35 am

Re: Time for post limits for all Forons

Postby narcoleptish » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:29 pm

Me too, but not in Isthmus. I think I've had four or five in the State Journal.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 11046
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2002 1:30 pm
Location: Madison

Re: Time for post limits for all Forons

Postby gargantua » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:31 pm

I think we should have to attach our posts to a hook, and deliver them by casting with a fly rod, in the manner of one pursuing the wily trout.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess
Posts: 3637
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:46 am

Re: Time for post limits for all Forons

Postby Cadfael » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:03 pm

Rather than leaving the post in the water while the boat moves slowly along?


Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests