Where Is Professor Wagstaff?

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Why Is Professor Wagstaff?

Postby penquin » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:06 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:He blew up over Ned's white nationalist tendencies and left.

Not QUITE how it happened - Wags stopped posting after a few different folks told him to stop harassing Ned with the constant You're a NAZI!!1! comments in thread-after-thread-after-thread. (And Ned wasn't even posting any "Nazi" stuff...Prof was just pissed off about the election and needed someone to direct his wrath at).

'tis a shame too, 'cause was pretty cool and a good contributor before he lost his shit & starting throwing a fit.

I'm sure he's ok otherwise - would hope that if something bad had happened to him then one of his bandmates/pals would let us know.

gargantua wrote:admin didn't lay the ban hammer on Ned.

What did Ned do that you beleive is worthy of a ban?

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Where Is Professor Wagstaff?

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:19 pm

Ned's I hate all Muslims thread (which was eventually locked by admin) comes to mind.

jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:23 pm

penquin wrote:Wags stopped posting after a few different folks told him to stop harassing Ned with the constant You're a NAZI!!1! comments in thread-after-thread-after-thread.

Prof. Wagstaff wrote:I will also note I've also never said Ned was a Nazi. He just chooses to align himself with Nazis.
But since he likes The Blues Brothers and Hogan's Heroes, he can't actually be one, right? Because apparently, that's as good as an actual condemnation of hatred and evil in Ned's book. What a piece of fucking shit.

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=64840&p=873722&hilit=nazi%2A#p873722

#honestdiscussion

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Why Is Professor Wagstaff?

Postby penquin » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:20 pm

jman111 wrote:
Prof. Wagstaff wrote:But since he likes The Blues Brothers and Hogan's Heroes, he can't actually be one, right? Because apparently, that's as good as an actual condemnation of hatred and evil in Ned's book. What a piece of fucking shit.

That statement was obviously sarcastic. You truly thought Prof was sincere with what he said and that there is no way someone can be a Nazi if they like those two shows?

*rolls eyes*

Either way, as another long-time poster is prone to say, you're just quibbling now. Wags was constantly harassing Ned with vile accusations and constantly cursing him out, and when others politely asked him to stop the Professor soon stopped posting all together.

Then again, we are just assuming he made the decision to leave our forum. There's a (small) chance that Admin was tired of the way he was shitting all over the forum and decided to ban him.

All that aside, do you beleive it can still be an #honestdiscussion when someone is using several different names/handles in the same online forum?

Dust Mite Rodeo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dust Mite Rodeo » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:25 pm

His used records website says it was last updated today. Walkest he amongst the living, verily.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:28 pm

This thread really delivers.

Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:54 pm

The Professor probably won't come back, but I do miss him. I loved Stanley for President.

Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:00 am

jman111 wrote:
penquin wrote:Wags stopped posting after a few different folks told him to stop harassing Ned with the constant You're a NAZI!!1! comments in thread-after-thread-after-thread.

Prof. Wagstaff wrote:I will also note I've also never said Ned was a Nazi. He just chooses to align himself with Nazis.
But since he likes The Blues Brothers and Hogan's Heroes, he can't actually be one, right? Because apparently, that's as good as an actual condemnation of hatred and evil in Ned's book. What a piece of fucking shit.

#honestdiscussion

penquin wrote:
jman111 wrote:
Prof. Wagstaff wrote:But since he likes The Blues Brothers and Hogan's Heroes, he can't actually be one, right? Because apparently, that's as good as an actual condemnation of hatred and evil in Ned's book. What a piece of fucking shit.

That statement was obviously sarcastic. You truly thought Prof was sincere with what he said and that there is no way someone can be a Nazi if they like those two shows?

Ha! It could not have been better timed I was made aware of the existence of this thread only tonight, so penquin could make a post to give me the perfect opportunity to respond. I guess I didn't expect anyone would really give a shit why I left but there's no reason for it to be a mystery:
Penquin is the reason I left the Forum.
And the above example of outrageous intellectual dishonesty is the perfect example of why. Note how he deletes the two sentences of jman's quote which clearly explain my position so he can use the obviously sarcastic part which remains to completely misrepresent what I so very obviously intended. I don't need assholes like that following me around trying to pick fights.

As for the speculation:
I stopped using every opportunity to tell Ned he was a Nazi-sympathizing piece of fucking shit (which he remains, and by now I hope you all know I was right to call him out for it) because I was asked nicely to by folks I respect.
I don't recall ever suggesting he should be banned.
The idea that Ned fucking Flanders could ever get so under my skin I couldn't deal with him is laughable. Even if he wasn't aligned with actual white supremacists (which he is, because he is a piece of fucking shit) and a supporter and apologist for the only President in my lifetime to have been literally endorsed by the Ku Klux Klan, he'd still be a fucking clown, because that's what he's always been. He's a terrible person, and I encourage you all to stop ignoring that fact when he makes his posts about restaurants and sports and Madison businesses. He's a really awful guy with absolutely despicable views and you really shouldn't be friendly with him because -- and why isn't this obvious to you all? -- white supremacists and those who side with, support, and embolden them, should be shunned. But yeah, sorry I kept pointing that out. How annoying of me. :roll:

But penquin? Attempting to talk with him actually made me angry and, apparently, I lacked the self control to not respond to his neverfuckingending bullshit as long as I was still coming here. So I stopped. Easily one of the best decisions I ever made, frankly.

So fuck you, penquin.
And yes, fuck you too, Flanders, you Nazi-supporting piece of fucking garbage.

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

Re: How Is Professor Wagstaff?

Postby penquin » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:08 am

Oh come on now - it ain't "intellectual dishonest", outrageous or otherwise, to only quote the part of the post one is referring to. If truly is, then you're also being outrageously intellectually dishonest 'cause you deleted the two sentences of my post which clearly explains it doesn't matter if you were calling him a Nazi or a Nazi-sympathizer - either way you were still harassing Ned. How is that any different at all from what you are accusing me of?

That nonsense aside - overall I think you're a decent guy and a good member of the community (online & off), and am truly sorry for invoking such strong emotions in you. I had no idea my words would cut so deeply, and if aware I would have tried to express myself in a less-harsh manner.

I'd like to buy you a drink and hash this out - my email is the same as when we've previously corresponded; feel free to contact me there.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:04 am

Nice to hear from you Professor. I was the one who floated the banning Flanders theory, and it was sheer speculation on my part. I apologize for not making clear that it was just a guess.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cadfael » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:50 am

I find it interesting that the bird does exactly what he accuses the professor of, but will never believe he himself harasses anybody. That's pretty much why I ignore his ass.

I agree that the prof was harassing Ned. The only difference is, Ned wholeheartedly supports a corrupt, racist regime and SHOULD be harassed and/or shunned. He is deplorable with no redeeming qualities. Treating him as an equal when he tries one of his "I am like you, I like the popular music and the popular local culture" shticks is tolerating racism.

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:26 pm

Prof. Wagstaff wrote:
jman111 wrote:

#honestdiscussion

penquin wrote:
jman111 wrote:

Ha! It could not have been better timed I was made aware of the existence of this thread only tonight, so penquin could make a post to give me the perfect opportunity to respond. I guess I didn't expect anyone would really give a shit why I left but there's no reason for it to be a mystery:
Penquin is the reason I left the Forum.
And the above example of outrageous intellectual dishonesty is the perfect example of why. Note how he deletes the two sentences of jman's quote which clearly explain my position so he can use the obviously sarcastic part which remains to completely misrepresent what I so very obviously intended. I don't need assholes like that following me around trying to pick fights.

As for the speculation:
I stopped using every opportunity to tell Ned he was a Nazi-sympathizing piece of fucking shit (which he remains, and by now I hope you all know I was right to call him out for it) because I was asked nicely to by folks I respect.
I don't recall ever suggesting he should be banned.
The idea that Ned fucking Flanders could ever get so under my skin I couldn't deal with him is laughable. Even if he wasn't aligned with actual white supremacists (which he is, because he is a piece of fucking shit) and a supporter and apologist for the only President in my lifetime to have been literally endorsed by the Ku Klux Klan, he'd still be a fucking clown, because that's what he's always been. He's a terrible person, and I encourage you all to stop ignoring that fact when he makes his posts about restaurants and sports and Madison businesses. He's a really awful guy with absolutely despicable views and you really shouldn't be friendly with him because -- and why isn't this obvious to you all? -- white supremacists and those who side with, support, and embolden them, should be shunned. But yeah, sorry I kept pointing that out. How annoying of me. :roll:

But penquin? Attempting to talk with him actually made me angry and, apparently, I lacked the self control to not respond to his neverfuckingending bullshit as long as I was still coming here. So I stopped. Easily one of the best decisions I ever made, frankly.

So fuck you, penquin.
And yes, fuck you too, Flanders, you Nazi-supporting piece of fucking garbage.

We have a bleeder! Late stage TDS is so....messy.

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:52 pm

Ned, are you still a birther?

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:31 pm

Did Limpie leave us again?

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess