Worst of TDPF

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Worst of TDPF

Postby gargantua » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:35 pm

Lock it or not. TBH, I don't particularly care either way. So this post probably fits right in. Although, while mediocre or bad, probably doesn't qualify as one of the worst. Damn. What's it doing here?

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:24 pm

in doing my due diligence to see if i should really root for locking or erasing the thread, i do some archaeology on this thread and see from freakin 2013 that the monochrome crybaby cribbed one of his favourite bon mots from the one foron who would say something nice about him . . . talk about cannot win for losing . . .

last time i pointed out something like this, it set off one of his most entertaining farragoes of nonsense and vituperation -- fucken amateur . . .

o well . . .
roll up sleeve wipe wipe *prick* . . . good a register right off the bat --pushes down plunger-- . . . *eyes roll back in head* aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh di. . . lau . . . did -- good for what ails yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....................

uuuh, let it stand . . .
Last edited by gozer on Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:27 pm

gargantua wrote:Lock it or not. TBH, I don't particularly care either way. So this post probably fits right in. Although, while mediocre or bad, probably doesn't qualify as one of the worst. Damn. What's it doing here?

I must have missed something. Is someone lobbying to have a thread locked because it's too offensive?

Forons need to collectively "man up". Conservatives love to feign outrage over any perceived slight, but I'd like to think that liberals can work through perceived slights and soldier on.

I'd love to see shameless propaganda, ie verifiable lies, removed from these pages, but calling out fellow forons for their disgusting opinions seems pretty fair game. And I, for one, am not going to apologize for language that seems overly inflammatory just because someone got their feelings (not actually) hurt.

You know what hurts our country? People who claim that climate change is a hoax. People who think that the 2nd Amendment protects anything and everything involving guns. People who think that voter ID laws are intended to make our democracy more secure. People who think that "Black Lives Matter" is more about politics than justice.

You know what doesn't hurt our democracy? Me calling you a "cunt". Regardless of context. Penquin likes to be "fashionably offended", using perceived "rules of the left" to beat down the very people fighting for social justice. He's consumed by an imaginary threat. And he wants everyone else to see his manufactured ghosts and sympathize with his imaginary plight.

Penquin is a drama queen. Someone who demands apologies when he feels any breath of criticism. He's a wimp. Perpetually offended. Consumed by victimhood.

And he's a cunt. He's definitely a cunt.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:46 pm

It's not always easy for me to tell, but I'm pretty sure gozer has proposed locking this thread. I will not presume to explain his reasoning, but if you wander upthread just a few days you can see for yourself. He may have softened his position somewhat in a subsequent post (so don't stop at the most recent one), but again, I'm not always sure that I take his meaning.

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:53 pm

gargantua wrote:It's not always easy for me to tell, but I'm pretty sure gozer has proposed locking this thread. I will not presume to explain his reasoning, but if you wander upthread just a few days you can see for yourself. He may have softened his position somewhat in a subsequent post (so don't stop at the most recent one), but again, I'm not always sure that I take his meaning.

But I'm having so much fun! I'm pretty sure that God put me on the Earth to drunk-post insults at Penquin.

He takes it so well...

penquin
Forum God/Goddess

"Go ahead and hate your neighbor..."

Postby penquin » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:31 am

pjbogart wrote:You know what doesn't hurt our democracy? Me calling you a "cunt".

I disagree with your opinion that vile personal attacks & bigoted slurs aren't harmful to our democracy. Can't have "Divide&Conquer" without the divide-part, and dividing people even further is the only effect your you're just a Nazi-cunt campaign is gonna have.

And despite the caricature you have painted of me in your mind, I ain't just being "fashionable" by saying so - this politics of hate that extremists like yourself are constantly flaming has caused great damage to our country...perhaps irreversible.

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:51 am

pjbogart wrote:
gargantua wrote:It's not always easy for me to tell, but I'm pretty sure gozer has proposed locking this thread. I will not presume to explain his reasoning, but if you wander upthread just a few days you can see for yourself. He may have softened his position somewhat in a subsequent post

true

(so don't stop at the most recent one), but again, I'm not always sure that I take his meaning.

But I'm having so much fun! I'm pretty sure that God put me on the Earth to drunk-post insults at Penquin.

He takes it so well...

yes, that is food for thought . . .

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:56 am

pjbogart wrote:
gargantua wrote:Lock it or not. TBH, I don't particularly care either way. So this post probably fits right in. Although, while mediocre or bad, probably doesn't qualify as one of the worst. Damn. What's it doing here?

I must have missed something. Is someone lobbying to have a thread locked because it's too offensive? .

not exactly, though the c word is not very nice . . . and the monochrome crybaby whines about how the foronettes don't like him -- well, being willing to type out that slur and use it in almost every post says a lot about how "woke" or not he is . . . i assume u were using it in self-defence, but it's one of those words that i think a lot of people would not feel all that deprived if they never heard/read it again . . .

i think three or more threads exclusively devoted to one troll attacking folks is a trifle excessive, sort of like the vanity threads that proliferated here earlier . . . but u also make a case for keeping it in the previous post . . .

now, in view of the excessive multi-posting/flooding in catch all/fight club, i say lock that one, yes . . .

gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:15 am

pjbogart wrote:
gargantua wrote:It's not always easy for me to tell, but I'm pretty sure gozer has proposed locking this thread. I will not presume to explain his reasoning, but if you wander upthread just a few days you can see for yourself. He may have softened his position somewhat in a subsequent post (so don't stop at the most recent one), but again, I'm not always sure that I take his meaning.

He takes it so well...

ja, that current events/catch all/fight club one set him off like a tasmanian devil -- i salute u . . .

Return to “Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com”