The Great Taste of the Midwest

Bars, wine, beer, cocktails, drunken escapades
gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

The Great Taste of the Midwest

Postby gargantua » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:52 pm

Saturday! Anyone else going? I remember that Duca's been within the last year or two. This will be our 23rd consecutive year. It's been a tough ticket for at least a decade, so our streak has been a combination of determination and luck.

Cadfael
Forum God/Goddess

Re: The Great Taste of the Midwest

Postby Cadfael » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:47 pm

How do you get yours? Line on the sidewalk or lottery? I've never gone but if I did I think I'd camp out at the Malt House.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:56 pm

Cadfael wrote:How do you get yours? Line on the sidewalk or lottery? I've never gone but if I did I think I'd camp out at the Malt House.

We really got lucky this year. We were going to try the lottery because we're getting old for the overnight vigil. At about 10:30 I saw a Facebook post that there were 50 wristbands left at Capital. I thought, what the hell, worst case it's a short car trip. So I got there a little before 11, got my wristband and my tickets. So my advice is to watch social media. People are good about sharing information once they've secured their own tickets. I tipped off a couple of people after I got mine and they got in.

david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:08 pm

What were your highlights? I haven't been in a number of years due to ticket issues, but I was a stalwart from the days when it was held at the base of MLK Blvd downtown (1993) through about 2010. No go this year, son had a break in the action in Hollywood and was home for a visit.

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:18 pm

Willoughby Maple Nut Smash was a nice surprise. I have little patience for special tappings but I did wander in to Surly barrel-aged Ten. I heard a lot of talk about some 3 Floyd's Dark Lord variants but I missed out on those.

Return to “Beer, wine & cocktails”