Dry January

Bars, wine, beer, cocktails, drunken escapades
jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Dry January

Postby jman111 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:23 pm

I'd also recommend the Bob Marley tour if you make it back over toward Ocho Rios/St Ann.

It's a little cheesy, sure, but the scenery is amazing up in those hills. And the "reward", once you reach Nine Mile, isn't all bad either. (If you're in to that sort of thing!)

Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ducatista » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:29 pm

My husband just texted that he's picking up Jamerica for dinner tonight. So there's that.

Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ducatista » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:40 am

gargantua wrote:If I ever won the lottery, I'd stay at Jumby Bay.

Now that we've boated past Jumby Bay/Long island, that would be a big, fat No for us.

The setting is nice and the accommodations look pretty sick, but it reminds me of a half-remembered aphorism: "_____________ would be great, if it weren't for all the rich people."

If I were a celeb who needed some privacy, it'd be a different story. But I'm not, so I'd much rather walk 30 yards down a half-paved road from Cocobay to Big Ffryes, which is public like all Antigua beaches, and more beautiful than any on Long Island.

(I suppose winning the lottery might vault you into celeb status, so maybe you'd need Jumby Bay.)

gargantua
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gargantua » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:15 pm

I have never, ever, wanted to be a celeb. Just rich. Anyway, thanks for the impression. I'd only gotten a glimpse while passing by on a fast boat to somewhere else.

Return to “Beer, wine & cocktails”